PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday !

SallyO'Sews
June 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hi, Everyone! This Thursday, I am thankful for the Internet, because without it I would not be acquainted with all of you lovely quilters. I was reading through the EIGHT PAGES of prayers and well-wishes in response to Marilyn's post, and was reminded yet again of how amazing this group is.

Several years ago, when I was undergoing cancer treatments, my sister (who lives in another state) submitted my name and address to her church's "card ministry", and for the next 18 months or so I received a get-well card almost daily from people I didn't even know, and probably will never have the opportunity to meet. I can't begin to describe how encouraging it was to know that others were praying for me. Their prayers were heard, too, because the Lord brought me through in a most gracious and beautiful way.

So I do thank God for all of you, and I thank you for both allowing Him to use you to uplift others, and also for allowing us the privilege of praying for you. There is something about sharing sorrows that binds true friends, and I am honored to call you my friends.

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

pcbatiks
June 20th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Sally.........I agree with everything you just said. Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband. We will be celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary this weekend! He is very supportive of my quilting and knows how much I enjoy this forum. I am so thankful to have him in my life!

MayinJerset
June 20th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks Sally for reminding us to express our thanks for everything we have and also that we have this wonderful place to send our prayers and good wishes for all who are having problems or for being a place where anyone can just let it all out. I find that sometimes just writing it all out in a post helps me get good advice from others as well as making me put my problem in better perspective.

Evilynn
June 20th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Hi Sally!

I agree, too, with what you said. And receiving a get-well card every day (or nearly every day) for 18 months, wow, that's just awesome! It's true, even if you're not a very religious person (like me) it's still helps a lot to know that people actually care enough to include you into their faith. It gave me a great boost that helped a lot to keep up and maintain a positive attitude and get rid of many fears that I was carrying around with me, even before I was diagnosed.

So yes, today I am thankful for having found a truly caring internet community of friends who happen to have a passion that I share which is awesome!

Love you all guys. Hugs, Steffie

auntiemern
June 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I am very thankful today just to be alive and breathing much better than I was yesterday. I am so thankful for the friends and family that have lifted me up in prayer. Very thankful to this amazing place, full of prayer warriors and the people that are just sending out good vibes, and feelings. Not only is it helping me spiritually, it truly is making a difference physically. Thank you all so very much. I love you all one and all.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 20th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Today I am thankful for my husband and his willingness to go to work to provide for our family. He just came home from work today. I'm also thankful for his safe travel.