PDA

View Full Version : How I Spent my Summer Vacation

EnumclawGramma
June 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM
We are getting ready for a big surprise party at out house for my son Josh. We are celebrating his 4th birthday since getting diagnosed. Always a reason for a BIG celebration, and this year it's a surprise.

Anyway, a big get together is a great reason and motivator to get the yard done. We've been spending a lot of time weeding and mowing and here it is....so far. Progress has been made!

That wine barrel is full of fragrant lavender and across the path from it is a pond. Love the sound of water in the yard.

Tanya D
June 20th, 2013, 01:36 PM
What a pretty yard you have! Enjoy the celebration and having the company of those you hold dear around you.

bubba
June 20th, 2013, 01:40 PM
That really looks nice!! I hope you and yours has a good time!

SallyO'Sews
June 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Libby, that looks so lovely and peaceful... Wish I could just go "sit a spell" there! So happy for you and Josh. Have a great party!
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

laf512
June 20th, 2013, 02:23 PM
That looks lovely!

turena65
June 20th, 2013, 02:27 PM
It's beautiful :) Have a fun party!

MayinJerset
June 20th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Such a lovely peaceful setting for your celebration party.

Love the ideal of the lavender in the wine barrel. Reminds me to dig my lavender plants up and plant it somewhere it has space to grow and also be enjoyed as it is now squeezed in by two hostas.

lilmouse
June 20th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Very pretty....looks so calming and relaxing.

K. McEuen
June 20th, 2013, 03:17 PM
You live in a forest! It would be nice to see so much green.

Lilly
June 20th, 2013, 03:25 PM
What is at the end of that path? Paths are so fun- wondering what you will see at the end. YOur yard is beauatiful!

Iris Girl
June 20th, 2013, 03:30 PM
OOOO you have such a beautiful yard , I want to come and sit a spell and listen to the water and smell the lavendar.

Madeforyouinma11
June 20th, 2013, 03:38 PM
What a pretty yard. Definitely a peaceful place. Have a wonderful time with your family.

auntiemern
June 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Libby, your yard is beautiful and so peaceful looking. I would love to be sitting it right about now. Love ponds and lavender. Certainly soothing to the body and soul.

EnumclawGramma
June 20th, 2013, 04:36 PM
What is at the end of that path? Paths are so fun- wondering what you will see at the end. YOur yard is beauatiful!

At the end of the path is a cobble stone patio and to the left of that is a fire pit with benches all around. Beyond that.......woods.

Cat n bull
June 20th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Peaceful is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your LOVELY yard!

And WOOO HOOOO on the 4th Birthday since diagnosis for your son!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 20th, 2013, 04:44 PM
So pretty! Lovely yard!

EnumclawGramma
June 20th, 2013, 07:03 PM
The party isn't till July 13th but it's going to take some time to get things in order. The woods are constantly coming into the backyard. It's a constant battle. Worth it though. Thank you all for the wonderful comments. We do love it, which is why we stay even even though it's SO much work.

WendyI
June 21st, 2013, 12:31 AM
Your place is GORGEOUS!! Some day we hope to have a place in the country! like this! I am SOOO stealing your lavender idea! I freakin LOVE that stuff but because I'm a heavy wood mulcher I can't really get it to grow. SO in a pot it goes to stay nice and dry like it enjoys! Thanks for sharing your pics...if I ever get my camper your way I'm comin for a fire!

And what an awesome celebration!! Woooo!!

ilive2craft2
June 21st, 2013, 12:36 AM
Happy Birthday to Josh! You have a beautiful yard Libby. I just want to put up a hammock and read a book.

Sandy Navas
June 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM
A fantastic reason for a celebration, weeds or no weeds. Lovely!