PDA

View Full Version : Third Try Thursday

Blondie
June 20th, 2013, 06:08 AM

Hi Folksies

It is Thursday morning - I am ready to get offline already - I have been trying to post for over an hour and it keeps going missing as in not posting. Is it me? I promise to brush my teeth right after I finish my coffee! If this thing gets posted, I will be surprised. Now I have forgotten completely what I was going to say. Hmmm. It was mostly silly and senseless anyway, so . . . . Boo! Boogah Boogah! Nanny nanny boo boo.

On the off chance that this actually gets posted . . . . oops . . . . Have a good day. Smile. Lots.
Praying for oh so many but most especially my precious Marilyn.

rebeccas-sewing
June 20th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Good Morning, Blondie! I can certainly appreciate your frustration with your computer. I sometimes have a similar problem. Every once in a while when I try posting on FB it won't accept what I've said. (Maybe it has its own opinions and doesn't like my comments. Haha.)

I am feeling a bit blue reading all the postings concerning health issues. It seems some of our dear ones are having way too many trials and tribulations. I'm so glad we have so many loving and supportive folks on the Forum. I sure hope we are able to ease their burden with our words of concern, even if it only helps a smidgen.

I have spent way too much time searching for fabric on-line. I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I also worry that the colors may not be true when I'm looking for fabrics that will work together. I have in mind to make a quilt that incorporates two very large-scale fabrics, one a dark and one a medium - asian-inspired would be great. Art deco would be better. I've noticed that a lot of the deco designs are directional and I can't use that for this quilt block. Yikes! I think I'll put it on the back burner for now.

It's starting to warm up in London. Yesterday, I hauled out the shopping cart and headed to the grocery store. I was surprised to find it felt quite warm outside. I have gotten so acclimated to cooler weather. Walking outside in the high 70's (24C) was actually uncomfortable for me and I was working up a bit of a sweat. Yikes! I'm going to be in for a shock when I hit the states later this summer.

Next weekend we're renting a car and traveling to the Lake District. I'm looking forward to that trip. The pictures I've seen of that part of England are so beautiful. I'll post some pictures when I return.

Have a wonderful day to you, Blondie, and all of our Forum friends. For all of you who carry a heavy burden know that we keep you in our thoughts and prayers daily.

Monique
June 20th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Good morning. I too pray for all those suffering through health issues.

Today will be a day just like yesterday, except that at lunchtime I will go out and get some groceries. Mother Hubbard's cupboards are getting bare.

My giant quilt is coming along nicely. I will get that baby finished while I am working. It sounds like I don't do much all day which I really don't. My work is pretty well done by 10 am and the rest of the day is mine. I just have to be there that's all.

Today is a sad day, we lost another actor, James Gandolfini, 51, to a possible heart attack. RIP James.

Today is officially the first day of summer. It still feels like spring is here. The nights are really cool. The day time temperatures are climbing. It is going to be a beautiful day today. Enjoy the sunshine if you see it today.

I'm off, have a wonderful day friends.

lilmouse
June 20th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Morning ladies, haven't been to bed yet; Steve had to make a delivery and is finally on his way home again...promised I would wait up for him.....have been working on my second dresden; they are addicting....may use up some of my stash this way...need to try a larger one...so far have been using charm squares and they look sort of small, maybe next time I will go after some layer cake blocks I have....we will see! Steve is taking me out for breakfast and then we will both nap; got my new lenses ordered for my glasses - should be in next week, am using my same frames as they are still working good.....Steve has to have another biopsy on his tyroid, they missed one and that is the one the Doctor is concerned about....but so far all the nodules have been benign....hoping it stays that way, and I am not going to worry about it....we will deal with it when the time comes....am praying for all of our forum friends in need, really concerned about Marilyn....she doesn't do well with steroids...hope they know what they are doing....I will continue to try and stay upbeat....and smile of course......you all have a good day and try and stay out of trouble!

Bubby
June 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Good Morning,

I'm off to Cuba again this morning to show an apartment. On the way home I will do some shopping for a few summer things for DH.

My thoughts and prayers are with those enduring physical and emotional distress. Remember you have friends here and we pray for you and are here for you. I was sad to hear about James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) passing at the young age of 51.

I will check in later...I have to get on the road. Wishing everyone a good day....

toggpine
June 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM
We are passing in the hall again!
I'm giving up and going to bed. I've been trying to get this quilt top cut and started. One of the fabrics is about 4 inches shorter than the others. (These are hand-dyes that this fellow's wife did. She passed away about 10 years ago and he's letting loose of her stash. I'm making him a quilt from it, as requested.) I can deal with the short fabric easy enough, just a PITA as those were the colors I could strip piece. Then my machine starts goofing off. It has now been taken apart, dusted, oiled, put back together, and re-taken a part because then it was clunking & thumping. It has stopped most of those shenannigans. Although it's still not as quiet as it should be, it has stopped skipping stitches.
I'll give us both a rest and see if the daylight brings a more cooperative attitude to Bernette and me feeling less like using her as a door stop.

You all make it a good day for someone by being the reason they smile!
Hugs, Cathy

MRoy
June 20th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Good morning! Today will be the end of my work week....taking a break Friday. I've got leave I have to use or lose so, with the exception of next week, I'm working 4-day weeks until I retire. The grandkids will be here for a month starting June 30 so that will give me more time with them. Prayers for those needing them.

buckeyequilter
June 20th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning....

Prayers are being said for Marilyn this morning and for everyone that needs them.

Not much happening in my corner of the world. We are "stay at home" kind of people and like it :) I guess after being around people all week long I just prefer to be at home. DH used to wait until I got home from work and then decide he wants to go somewhere but since he went back to work he's not wanting to go so much. I have about 4 or 5 hours in the evening and we live in the middle of nowhere so we have to drive everywhere and the minimum time being gone is about 2 hours.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Lonna
June 20th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Good Morning all,

Nothing new here just another day of the same old same old. It will be a long day as training a new person so basically I will just be sitting back and watching her.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of my quilt sisters and brothers and their family's . Wish all a wonderful day.

Iris Girl
June 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Good Morning all. prayers being said for Marilyn. another sunny day here, but I will be working. Comp was acting up this morning after updates it didn't want to come back on, but all is good now. everyone smile and be safe.

Mpyles
June 20th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Good morning everyone!!

It's beautiful sunny skies here this morning! The weather man did mention it will prolly be a pop up showers afternoon. That's okay, hopefully I will be done with my runnin by then! Today is the dreaded swimsuit excursion....oh joy....be glad when I find 1 or 2 if I can. Gonna meet my niece for lunch, the one I made the kindergarten tote for. Such a sweet girl, her mama, my little sis, passed away 4 years ago. I don't see as much of her as I should...she tends to hang with her MIL alot...and of course throughout the school year she is pretty busy, she is also working on her masters going to summer school. She is alot like her mama...and that's a good thing. She is 25 and hoping to start a family soon. Can't wait to do a baby blanket for her.

Remember the Hamilton post from last week? Here is some info on the accused...seems he is running amuck all,over the state of MO!
http://www.krmsradio.com/2013/06/19/breaking-manhunt-continues-near-shawnee-bend-and-morgan-county-for-wanted-man/

Blondie..I feel your pain on the "puter"...sometimes I just walk away! Monique...wish I could quilt at work...sounds cool. Myrna..4 day weeks til retirement...ahhhhh! Enjoy!!

Well off to get the day going!! Everyone have a great day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Hi, everybody! I'm on pins and needles worrying about our dear friend Marilyn, and all those who are facing very difficult medical and emotional situations! There are a lot of prayer needs here, aren't there?

I tried on some of my costumes last night and so far, so good! Saw a first running of all the scenes of the show, it will be really good, but has a way to go to smooth things out. They have another 5 weeks to get it all right! This weekend will be spent making more costumes when I'm not babysitting . Some friends of my daughter are throwing them a going away party before they move to Atlanta, and I'm invited. That is Sunday. Don't know just how much sewing will be happening with grandkids and the party. My son and his 3 kids might come in from Iowa for the party. If they come, it will be a very full house.

Marilyn, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Everyone, have a great day!

auntiemern
June 20th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Thank you all for the prayers and support. Counting on your help to get me through this nonsense. I feel oh so much better today. But then I actually got to sleep all night. I suppose the meds are doing their job. Won't know how good I am actually doing, til the different docs come in and tell me. Yesterday, I saw my mom in me, and it scared the heck out out of me. I took a shower, sitting down of course. but felt like I had run a marathon. The nurse was telling me the same things I had told my mom on so many occasions, when she was gasping for air. So far, so good with the steroids. Just shaking, and no psycho nonsense. Keep the prayers coming, as I know you will. Sending prayers, love and hugs for my wonderful friends and family on here.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Morning all! Woo Hoo........sorry to shout but my husband comes home today from work.
I too am sorry to hear about all the sickness and struggles going on. Just know I will be praying for you all God knows your need and He has not forgotten you!
Have a wonderful day everyone!

MayinJerset
June 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Prayers for all our friends and their famillies, so many having problems. DH has his own medical one and hopefully all will be OK with the wound under his foot. He was at wound center yesterday and had blood and dappler tests and should have results tomorrow. Wound looks OK and he can take a shower today and then we will put a new dressing on it.

On the upbeat side the painting of our family room and small back entranceway is done, looks very nice with it's new neutral color on walls and ceiling. Guys cleaned up nicely but I've already gone over the floors and will give them a treatment later today. Need new outlet covers and window treatments and hang pictures it will begin to look liveable.

Missed the Grand Opening of the new Super Supermarket in town because I had needed to be here with the painters while DH went to wound center. Would have missed it anyway as we couldn't have got anywhere near it as the highway and the big parking lot were jammed full and police were directing traffic. Opening made the NJ TV News, said it has a catering department with chefs cooking and passing out food and lots of free giveaways. It isn't that we don't have any other super supermarkets in the area, there is a few miles north of my town and another a few miles south of my town. There are also several regular supermarkets as we live in a heavily populated area that is between 2 major highways. Think we'll be shopping in next town as usual and save the new one for next week when things calm down. DH is sad because he will be missing all the free food and drink samples.

Wrapped my gift for niece's bridal shower that is Sunday and have been looking high and low for the plastic bag holder I made for the Wishing Well gift. I made 3 last week in a cute tea pot fabric but can't find them. It has been my 'little' gift a bridal showers for years but no time to make another one so I'll pick up some little gadget at the supermarket later today.

PS: Just saw that Marilyn posted while I was writing my post and so Happy to Hear She is Feeling Much Better!

aliaslaceygreen
June 20th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Good morning all...seems like a round of hugs is the prescription of the day.... take more than the recommended dose, just in case!

I am ready to start my STAYcation now....Off through Monday....WHOO HOO....didn't think the mgr had it in her to be generous and give me Sunday off ....

WendyI
June 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
morning everyone...not a lot of time to post as today is turning out to finally be a busy one. Just had some projects handed to me so may be absent for a few days although will try and pop in to see how everyone is. Still worried about Lisa but hoping she is on the mend. Concerned of course for Marylin now and everyone who is struggling with health issues. You are all in my heart. Take care!

Hope you all have an absolutely splendiferous day!! xox

Sandy Navas
June 20th, 2013, 11:17 AM
What a shocker about our wonderful Marilyn. Knock me off my props, that's for certain. And bubba and her DH going through more issues. There are so many and it is durned right frightening. Prayers all around.

Finished another PICU quilt with the girls yesterday - think we have three in a pile right now and a few more panels to work on. My problem is that though the girls really want to be sewing they think they can rush through a job and leave the finishing. I need to hook them by the tail feathers and reign them in properly. Also made another 'basket' for DD to use on the new baby's changing table. I'll probably have my method perfected by the time I finish the last one.

I wish I was brave enough to start a UFO list but it scares me to even think of that. I wish I had more stick-to-it-iveness and stamina. My shoulders and lower back soon tell me I need to stop for a while and rest. Hate getting old . . .

And so, I'm off to finish reading and then perhaps I can get something else accomplished today. I leave you with this:

Sew Perfect
June 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Good morning everyone. I told myself I would start joining in more often in this morning ritual of greetings, so here I am...2 days in a row.

I couldn't believe all the sad threads I read yesterday. So many people are either ill or down with troubles. Marylin, I am praying for your health to be restored. Between you, Lisa, and many others you are sure keeping my prayer list full. Your forum friends are here for you all.

I cleaned the floors, some sewing, reading, and organizing my sewing room yesterday. It feels good to get some things done. My son announced that he is NOT moving out because he realized how much money he can save by living here during his 1st two years of college. Just when I got use to the idea of him leaving. LOL...things can change like the wind.

I hope you all have a good laugh at something funny today. For those of you needing good thoughts and prayer sent your way, consider it done. For all who will be sewing, happy quilting and try not to use your seam ripper too much.

EsGrandma
June 20th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Loved reading the morning forum news! Prayers to all of our dear ones in need. Today will be pretty quiet (I hope) - will finish cleaning the guest room and want to work on some place mats (can you tell that we will have guests in a couple of weeks!). Oh also, my sewing machine is working again - yeah!!

jet4361
June 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Good morning all. (Even though it is closer to noon)

Prayers and hugs to Marilyn and Bubba first of all. I have been AWOL for a couple of days as hubby and I have been fighting a horrible stomach virus.:icon_bah: He was unable to go to work and I have been unable to do much of anything. We have just been trying to stay hydrated and comfortable. Hopefully today, (day 3) we will have some energy and strength return.

I am ready to sew again. Having withdrawals. I hope everyone has a wonderful first day of summer!