PDA

View Full Version : Fabric depot & dog show

Quiltedpaw
June 20th, 2013, 12:47 AM
We are off to Oregon tomorrow for a dog show , we do sharpening at them but the best part is my stop at fabric depot , love it there and it's so nice to buy fabric tax free makes me feel like I'm getting a real good deal! I'm needing fabric for another lone star I haven't done a quilt since last summer so I'm ready for some sewing time. have a nice weekend all

turena65
June 20th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Have fun! Love fabric depot.... glad we don't live in Washington because of that! Oh, and the fact that its against the law to pump your own gas here... ;)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 20th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Love that place! I'm going to Portland in two weeks to visit my sister and hope to make a stop at Fabric Depot myself! Have fun shopping!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 20th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Have fun! Love fabric depot.... glad we don't live in Washington because of that! Oh, and the fact that its against the law to pump your own gas here... ;)
That is so wierd! Why do they have that law? Job security for the guy who kows how to pump the gas? In Iowa, they have fully automated gas stations, not a human in sight!

turena65
June 20th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I know, right? I have no idea, been that way my whole life... and if you step out of your car and TRY to pump your own gas, they get really, really mad.... :(

bubba
June 20th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Oregon is a very VERY green state and it has to do w/ecology, pollution and possible gas spills. They go thru training to pump gas one attendant at Costco told me!! Also, the station can get severely fined for letting you pump your own gas!

If you get a chance and are near Lake Oswego, swing past a shop called the Pine Tree (I think that's it). I was pretty impressed by them at Sew Expo and plan on going there my next trip to Oregon. Boersmas in McMinnville is FABULOUS!

Mchelem
June 20th, 2013, 03:59 AM
That is so wierd! Why do they have that law? Job security for the guy who kows how to pump the gas? In Iowa, they have fully automated gas stations, not a human in sight!

It used to be a liability thing.... Like driving off with the nozzle still in and leaking gas all over, or something drastic happening, since the EPA has gotten involved, they now have breakaway hoses and nozzles, emergency shut off valves and no special training needed to pump gas.

It's an old law. Mesquite has an old law about it being "illegal to fart in an elevator".

Google dumb laws in your state and see what pops up. Some of them are just silly. Like a woman can't style her daughters hair without a cosmetology license. Or it being illegal in Texas to "sell ones own eye".

My favorite: " The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home."

In Dallas, its illegal to "own realistic dildos" therefore all our sex shops sell "massagers".

shannonsaulter
June 20th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Enjoy...and please take pics for us of fabric and pups

Sandy Navas
June 20th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Okay, okay, I'm at a loss. What do you sharpen at a dog show? Teeth? Claws? Razor blades?

Quiltedpaw
June 21st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Okay, okay, I'm at a loss. What do you sharpen at a dog show? Teeth? Claws? Razor blades?

Sandy we ( my hubby) sharpens scissors and clipper blades at dog shows! Healso does other sharpening for hair salons and quilting and sewing clubs. I am never DULL ! :)

jet4361
June 21st, 2013, 07:28 PM
I was going to say life with your husband is never dull. Lol(Yes, I know it is a bad pun, but I find them funny)