PDA

View Full Version : Upsetting news for me.....

bubba
June 19th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Seven and a half years ago, my husband had two major surgeries because he had a large schwannoma (a tumor that grows on nerves). They are normally small, however, since it was my husband, he had to get a large one that filled two of his vertebra and had eaten thru the bone and was also behind his lung, the size of an orange.

He has had to get yearly MRI's, then biyearly, and after this year, we were supposed to be done with it. Well, we just got the call, going to see the neurosurgeon Friday. :icon_sniff: Needless to say, I thought we had gotten past this part of our life, only to have it return and bite us in the ass. The good news is these tumors, 98% of the time, are noncancerous. It's also good he has not had any symptoms, which mean it has not gotten large like last time. The first time around, it was causing paralysis and when they did the first surgery, he nearly died because they did not have the blood to give him (he has a very weird blood type w/out an antibody most people have), and they had given him two units (which was all they had), but he had lost five. That surgery, he was in the hospital ten days. The second surgery was easier and it was only a five day stay.

I am just beside myself and all I want to do is sit here and cry. I know I should be happy that he appears fine, but I know this thing is growing in him again and it scares me.

I'll go sit in a corner now....

pcbatiks
June 19th, 2013, 08:50 PM
So sorry to hear this............it brings back all of your worries. Will be praying for you and your husband. Remember your forum friends will be here when you need to vent and to pray for you.

PeggyM
June 19th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I'm so sorry for your terrible news. You're in my prayers for strength and healing.

auntiemern
June 19th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Can totally sympathize with you. Just when you think you've jumped through the last hoop, something trips you up. Will have him in my prayers.

grannyann
June 19th, 2013, 08:57 PM
You have every right to want to sit and cry and you should. I know we get through things and just when we think all is well something else goes wrong. I do feel for you and your husband. Since he has been through it before now you do know what is ahead and that just makes it harder I think.
You have a lot of sisters on here that will be praying for both you and hubby. And I am sure someone will come along with just the right words that will comfort you and help you feel better. I am not good with words but I do care and will pray for you both. God Bless.

Lonna
June 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I am so sorry you are having to go through this once again. My thoughts and prayers are with both you and your dear husband.

HandsOffItsMine
June 19th, 2013, 09:20 PM
(((Bubba))) This is very upsetting for both of you. We totally understand your concerns and fears. Sometimes a good cry in the shower or in the corner is what you need to do! We'll be right by you...

Prayers for him that it will be something that can be easily controlled and that sufficient blood will be on hand if surgery is needed. Of course you will be in my prayers as well as you will need strength to go through this round again.

Love and huggers, Ruby

Gayle Russell
June 19th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. You just go ahead and cry, it's okay. Then when you're done, you can be strong for your husband when he needs it. Prayers for strength and healing being sent your way.

Monique
June 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Prayers for you and your husband.

mom4him
June 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I am so sorry, Bubba. These things are HARD! Praying for you and your dear husband.

Blondie
June 19th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Praying right now

Slokarma
June 19th, 2013, 09:34 PM
O darn, you just go ahead and cry. You can be brave and supportive in the morning.
I'm sorry you and your husband have to go thru this again.

Bubby
June 19th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Hopefully this time it won't be as invasive and your DH can get back on his feet quickly. You will be in my prayers.

K. McEuen
June 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear this news. On the bright side (if there is one) he's had this done before so knows what to expect. It sounds like it's smaller and maybe more easily taken care of. Maybe he could even donate some blood beforehand just in case.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Trish04
June 19th, 2013, 09:43 PM
So sorry you are going through this again. Prayers for your husband and you.

BellasQuilts
June 19th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Saying a prayer for him now. Sending you a hug too!

GrammaBabs
June 19th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Cry away.... it will release some of the hurt and fear... then take a deep breath and go forward as only we women can!!! We're here thinking of you! B

GinnyKNC
June 19th, 2013, 10:11 PM
{{{HUGS}}} Just imagine us all sitting in the corner with you and crying right along with you. You have every right to. Thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Sew Perfect
June 19th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I am so terribly sorry you and your poor husband is going through this again after all you've both been through already. We are all thinking of you and we are all here for you. Try to Be strong.

Genny
June 19th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I'll be keeping both of you in my prayers, hope things go well for your husband .

Cat n bull
June 19th, 2013, 10:20 PM
How frightening. I am so sorry, I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get this news. :-(

dwil23
June 19th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to read this. You will be in my prayers.

Have the doctors considered taking blood from him pre-op so that they have more this time? I'm not sure how much they could get, especially if the surgery is scheduled soon, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

IBake
June 19th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Anytime our spouse is facing surgery it is frightening!. WE are here to offer you the courage you need to face this with calm control. We are also here to offer you the shoulder you need to sob on. Once you are done with the tears, we will dry your eyes, pat you on the back and send you back out to be able to give your hubby the support and courage that he needs to face this.

I underwent two major surgeries in one week for a vertebra replacement, then to fix the broken back that occurred after the first surgery. I know how much the support of my friends meant to my hubby and kids. Never doubt the power of friendship and of prayer....We are giving you both in spades.

Know that you are wrapped in love......

laf512
June 19th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I'm so sorry! I will pray!

RFREE
June 19th, 2013, 11:14 PM
So sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you and your husband. You have a whole lot of prayer warriors here to help you through.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

Mom23
June 20th, 2013, 12:04 AM
My goodness, so much to be praying for. Of course you and your husband are in my prayers.

Mpyles
June 20th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Prayers for you and your husband! Hugs!.

quiltingtrish
June 20th, 2013, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear the news. I am praying for your husband and you.

Hugs,

SuzyQue
June 20th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Prayers said for you for strength and perseverance and for a healing for your hubby. What sad news......you have every right to cry!

Nidan_07
June 20th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Oh bubba, it's okay to have a good cry. Actually, I would cry too. Best of luck to you and hubby. Focus on that 98% good news statistic. I will be thinking of you. Take care.

lilmouse
June 20th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Praying right now, will keep you and family in my prayers as long as necessary, I am sorry you are facing this yet again!

sewbizzy
June 20th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Sending prayers for your hubby and you....

Madeforyouinma11
June 20th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Sending only good thoughts, hugs and lots of prayers that everything will be ok. Let yourself have a good cry...it will give you the strength you need to get through this. Stay positive and stay strong. We are here if you need us.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 20th, 2013, 01:03 AM
So sorry to hear this and that you might be acing another go round with tumors. I definitely will keep you and your husband in my prayers!

Suzyq
June 20th, 2013, 01:56 AM
bubba, let yourself have a good cry, then ok, you need to be strong for your hubby and you, too...seeing you upset will just make DH feel worse...sending you big hugs of comfort....and will keep you in my prayers...

Swedish leo
June 20th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Oh I am so sorry for you!

Hugs

phoots
June 20th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Bubba, I now that at times like this, all you want to do is think the worst. But what I'd like you to do, and it's gonna take a lot of strength on your part, is to think positive thoughts! "The tumor will be really small and in an area that will make surgery easy!" "My DH will be in the hospital for two or three days and then he'll come home and he'll be fine!" Things like these! I'll be praying for your DH and all I need you to do is think these happy thoughts! Be strong!! You can do this!!

Lots of love!

Pam in Vegas

shannonsaulter
June 20th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Lots of prayers stay strong.

Granny Judy
June 20th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Adding my prayers to all the others. You know we are here for you.... makes me wanna cry with you.

rebeccas-sewing
June 20th, 2013, 06:13 AM
I can imagine how disappointing, frustrating and scary this is. I certainly understand your tears. It's good they've caught it early. I'm sure the doctors will take care of it and your husband will be back to square one. Another good thing about catching it early, I assume he can give his own blood to store up for surgery (which I imagine is inevitable). That would certainly relieve some of the concern since it was a problem last time. You have lots of prayers being said for you and your husband. Please know we all be waiting to hear updates as you move forward.

Evilynn
June 20th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Oh no... that sucks! I am so sorry you have to go through this again! I can imagine how you feel. No one can be strong 24/7/365. That's not working. Sometimes we need to let go of the frustration, anger and fear by crying, yelling, screaming, shouting, perhaps even punching a pillow. So go ahead and cry away. I will keep your hubby and your family in my thoughts. Please let us know how he is doing!

Many hugs,

steffie

MRoy
June 20th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I'm so sorry. Praying for your DH and for you.

Iris Girl
June 20th, 2013, 08:57 AM
sorry to hear this news sending well wishes for you and hubby your way.

Grandma G
June 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I, too, am so sorry you are having to go through this yet again. Go ahead and cry. You need to release the emotional tension. Then take a deep breath and go forward. You have been through this before and so you know what you are facing. And I know that when he goes through it, you go through it, too. I know the "not again" feeling as my husband and I have been dealing with his cancer for the past year and a half. And it is not easy to be strong when your world feels as if it is crashing in all around you.

I will add my prayers to everyone else's' for you and your husband. You have lots of love and support on this forum. Let us wrap our arms around you and hold you tight and help you through this.

Many hugs and prayers.

Gerri

ilive2craft2
June 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Oh Bubba, you go ahead and cry for a bit - you need that release. I know that you will be strong for your husband during this - having to through it again when you thought you were done with it has to be disheartening. Praying for both of you. Hugs

MayinJerset
June 20th, 2013, 10:25 AM
We all are sitting with you and holding your hand, May

WendyI
June 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Goodness...sometimes it just seems that the sun will never shine! But this too shall pass and you will move on...hang in there! (((HUGS)))

Tanya D
June 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Barb, it's ok to cry. You are overwhelmed with this latest news, you are frightened, worried and scared. Crying will help to release those emotions, clear your head and see more clearly that this is yet another bump in the road that you can and will get thru.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby. Also with the doctors, that they are successful in doing what they need to do to get your hubby on the road to recovery.

SallyO'Sews
June 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Oh, Bubba, I am so sorry. Will be praying for you, DH, and the medical team.
Hugs and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

Miss Sheri
June 21st, 2013, 03:13 AM
Just know we ALL love you and care about you. Adding my faith and prayers for you too. Only sit in a corner if you have access to a computer so you can gain the support you need from all of us. :)

Andrea F
June 21st, 2013, 03:43 AM
Im so sorry and will keep you in my thoughts.

Over40momma
June 21st, 2013, 07:13 PM
**passes Bubba the tissues** Crying with you sweetie. We love them, they are as much a part of us as our own arms. What hurts them, hurts us. So cry out the fear, the injustice and the dang pain of it all happening again.

Because we all know you are going to be strong when he needs you, reassure him when he needs it and hold him when the fear sneaks up on him.

I really do understand this, as I have had to watch my DH go through this with me (I'm on my 3rd bout of cancer) and its a real kick in the pants not to be able to fix the one you love, being relegated to a helpless bystander. And let me tell you.....we need you. I would not have made it this far without that steady rock beside me. Sure he cracked sometimes, do did I. But we are the "glue" for one another. So crack when you need to, your DH is there for you just as you are for him.....and we are here to help for those moments when you don't want him to know how you hurt. Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers sweetie. :icon_hug:

geolynsewing
June 21st, 2013, 09:46 PM
I and my family will be praying for you and your Husband. Hang in there because it is smaller it should be easier like you say and you know what to expect this time, so there should be no surprises. God be with you in this.

janluna
June 21st, 2013, 10:46 PM
Bubba, I am so sorry you are both going through this. We are asking for God's White Light of Healing to be wrapped around you both. I wear a prayer band for Emily on my wrist at all times. I wrote your names on it along with Marilyn's. I will keep all of you in Prayer several times a day. God Bless you honey! Keep us posted. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Lindagie
June 21st, 2013, 11:38 PM
Sometimes a good cry helps you more than you know, so you can be strong for yourself and your DH when you need to be. Keeping you two in my thoughts and prayers.

Shelovesfabric
June 22nd, 2013, 12:23 AM
Chiming in late here! So sorry to hear about this struggle that you are facing again! Go hop in the shower and let it all out! I do my best crying in the shower. You and your family will be in my prayers during this rough time.

Kaytessa
June 22nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
joining in with prayers