PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday

Blondie
June 19th, 2013, 07:22 AM

Hello Folksies!

It is Wednesday already. Today will be my cleaning day. I have sewn two days in a row. Yesterday was mostly playing around getting nothing much accomplished - the day before was the productive day. Today, wellsir, I really need to clean a bit. I really wish I had a magic wand or at the bestest, my own personal maid who worked for food - that she would have to cook herself - for me and she. And, of course, for Luscious. I would keep her on a diet so she would stay fit. My own personal maid would also be my personal coach. By that I mean, she would be well versed in how to keep me on task in my creative process. She would also be a closet quilter so in her spare time, she would FMQ my projects, and make my corners perfectly aligned and mitered.

Perhaps today will be a dreaming kind of day. A day where I sit and doodle and noodle on paper and in my head. It appears from the above that I am still dreaming anyway!

Have a wonderful day, dearies. Keep your thoughts light, your words sweet and smiles will automatically arrive!

Blondie

Monique
June 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Good morning. My days seem to be the same every day. Today will be no different. The good thing is that this gives me the opportunity to get this quilt done. I must take a picture of it. My daughter-in-law has arrived on the west coast. She left last Friday and will be there for a little while. I miss her already. Our weekend plans have changed now because the van is caput. I am expecting Phil and the girls the following weekend.

Enough of my rambling. To each and every one of you, I wish you a wonderful day.

patchiereggie
June 19th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Hi All,
Hi Blondie,

some true words spoken. My flat looks horrible and for the life of me I can get myself in order, so I actually had an idea where to start. Instead I only do the most important things and hang out with my sewing machine the rest of the time. ;-) After having a few days by myself in the flat, my sister will return today, and my flatmate returns on the weekend. So goodbye privacy :-(( Well I can take it!
Hope you all have a nice day and hugs to all in need.

Reggie

MRoy
June 19th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Good morning! Housecleaning and cooking are two of my least favorite activities. If it weren't for the rest of the family, I wouldn't cook very often at all. My coffeemaker quit last week, so I bought a Mr. Coffee with a digital clock and auto start. That clock gained more than an hour in 24 hours. That throws off the auto-start time. I returned it yesterday and got another Mr. Coffee. The dang clock is doing the same thing again. I've used different outlets and it's still gaining time. I'll be returning this one too and getting a different brand this time. Gotta have my coffee ready in the mornings!

Mpyles
June 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone!

I am just now getting up...seems I did not set my alarm...mY subconscious must have wanted to sleep late!

Off to Lebanon today....haven't been there in two weeks and yesterday day received a "blocked" phone call at the store in Springfield with an anonymous caller on the end telling me some sheninanigans that are going on. They wouldn't give me their name...so I have to take that into consideration..so you kinda have to wonder how much truth was in it..anyway. Has to be looked into. Can't make the day easy!! The manager there is less the forth coming, which is why the store got put on my plate....

The good news is I work today and Friday and then I am off. I have been trying to work on my mugrug...but struggling with it...have a "scrappy charming" quilt class tonight and looking forward to seeing some of my friends and the class.

The other issue I have today....I haven't a swimsuit....and I have to get one.....and it's prolly one of my least favorite things to do...hence the reason why I don't have one. I think swimsuit shopping is depressing!! But I must find one so tomorrow gonna see what I can do.

Everyone have a great day!!!

MayinJerset
June 19th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Very nice weather today, yesterday started that way but we had storms all afternoon. At least my garden and lawn are getting good soakings.

Visited my BFF yesterday and she's looking much better than she has the past few months since her Crohn's has acted up. Until the other day I could hardly hear her voice when we spoke on the phone. She's been having lots of treatments that finally seem to be working. Say a little prayer for Mary's recovery.

Stuck here this morning waiting for contractor to come, they didn't start painting yesterday as the walls needed another coat of spackling - can't wait until this project is finished.

I'll take Blondie's advice and Keep on Smiling, May

Iris Girl
June 19th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Good Morning all! Its going to be a beautiful day here today the sun is shining Yay!!. My day off, Hubby is working. Gonna be busy. Already cooked 5 pounds of potatoes for potatoe salad. Son is doing some BBQ ribs for us tonight. 4 loads of wash on the line. Have to make a trip to town to pick up my prescription sun glasses. They goofed and put them in the wrong frame... anyone knowing me knows I would take a purple sparkle frame over red and gold... not a gold person at all silver lover here..unless its white gold. But anyway they made good on them and I get them today. hopefully get some sewing done. working on FMQ a girly quilt for Marilyn, then to work on the John deere one.

keep smiling and hugs and good thoughts to all.

oh yeah and I bought a cute 1930's layer cake, wanna do a mini dresdan runner and something sunbonnet sue if I can find a nice pattern

buckeyequilter
June 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Good morning.....

Taking a break and decided to check in :) Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

Blondie...I like your dream :)

When I get home from work I will be working on my the quilt for my niece. I hope to have it finished up this week and can start the quilting on those 3 quilts this week-end.

I want to make the flag from the M* tutorial so I might take a break this week-end and make that, so it's ready for the 4th.

Love the DD today so had to order those blades...hope they're good blades.

I will also take Blondie's advice and smile, you do the same:

Sandy Navas
June 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Good morning all!! Smiling here because I have the same dream about Blondie's maid working for me. Doesn't happen though. And I think Myrna has the same coffee pot that controls my life. It seems I lose an hour (or two) each day. What is it they say? Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes. I remember as a kid wishing I was older but I sure didn't expect this stuff . . .

Did some cleaning yesterday - got my new computer moved into it's rightful home (finally - how long has it been?). Managed to get a couple loads of laundry out of the way. The pool was clear enough and the kids finally got in about 4 p.m. yesterday. I don't know how they can stand 65 degree water, but they managed to get a whole lot of giggles and fun in before turning completely blue. I don't even want to stick my fingers in to see how cold that feels.

Gonna try to get some sewing done today - I lay in bed and list all the projects I have out on the cutting table and I cringe, shut my eyes tighter and roll over thinking maybe I'll just sleep a bit longer.

And so, I leave you while I dance off into the other room and down the stairs to have fun, fun, fun!! May all my wonderful on-line friends have the bestest of the best today and may your aches, pains, and all other maladies be healed.

http://tippingback.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/How-to-have-fun-advice-from-the-social-skills-self-help-blog-tipping-back.jpg

LynneLeavell
June 19th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Good Morning all!!!!

Blondie I love your pictures this morning. If you find the perfect housekeeper see if she has clones so that all of us can have one. Did some sewing last night and it sure did feel good. Especially since I have to have this quilt top done by Friday night so I can take it to the quilters Saturday. I have to have it back by the 13th of July so I can get the binding on it and ready to give to my Niece on the 20th at her baby shower.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe and dry. Prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.

WendyI
June 19th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Morning all!! Blondie, as always you make me smile! Thank you. And when you have done with that maid if you could please send her my way I'd be ever so grateful!

Myrna that coffee maker issue sounds like a pain! Def. choose another brand!! Monique that stinks about your van! Did someone say BBQ ribs! YUM!

I have not done any sewing in a while so nothing to report there....playing with the new trailer and planning out some trips. Need to get some yard work done this week and then hopefully be off for the weekend somewhere on an adventure with our new home on wheels! Can't wait.

Have a fantabulous day All!! (((((HUGS))))) to all that need them. xox

ilive2craft2
June 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Good Morning all! The sun is shining here again today - it is amazing to see it for more than a day at a time! Blondie, if you find that kind of maid, I want her clone! I love the pic talking about housework - that is exactly how it is around here. Oh well, I figure there are worse things in life than a dirty house - we do clean up good for company and it isn't horrible in between - just too much dog hair and clutter. I love our Danny Boy, a golden retriever, but not sure that we will replace him when his time comes. Off to water the flowers and then maybe into the sewing room... Hugs and prayers to all that have requested and to those that haven't. Lisa

Sew Perfect
June 19th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I've had to smile and laugh a bit when I saw Blondie's uploaded pictures. Good morning, everyone and happy Wednesday!

The sun is out and the birds are singing. I've got my cup of coffee by my side, sipping and reading the morning topics. I met a friend in the middle of the night for coffee and a good chat. What fun that was, just sitting and visiting when we should have been sleeping.

My sister and her family are leaving the country for missionary work, so I'm trying to get their quilt finished. Funny, I started it over a year ago, but put it away because my mind got redirected to making quilts for parents. SO back to her quilt so she can take it with her!

As far as cleaning goes, I only need to vacuum and clean the wood floors today. That shouldn't take too long. Speaking of cleaning, check out M*s fb post about the oven and baking. That was just too funny!

I hope everyone will have a great day today. Live, Love, Laugh, and Happy Sewing!

aliaslaceygreen
June 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Good morning! Must get a move on... Have to close the store tonight.... and I have this three day break on my brain, so... Maybe I will try to do some organizing/straightening of the house so tomorrow after conference call I can QUILT and not have to do that stinky stuff... send her my way, too, Blondie!

lilmouse
June 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Blondie, I need one of those maids too, but still prefer to do my own quilting...favorite part of the process; used to be back in the day I hated quilting and binding and now I love it! Means I am closer to the finish line and can start another one!!! LOL
Steve is home....yeah! It has been a long six weeks and he is no longer permitted to stay out that long anymore...Mama says! LOL.....see how long that lasts!
You all have a great day and smile...and think about Blondie's maid while you are cleaning house!

Renate
June 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Hi all together and of course, dear Blondie,

what a wonderful day today, sun sun and more sun here in Switzerland after an amazing thunderstorm yesterday evening (sorry for all the people got demaged something of it), I like to watch this nature spectacle ....

What can I share with you today?

its time for a good barbecue

:-) smile on

toggpine
June 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Oooh Renate, That looks tasty!

The weather is a bit shifty here the next few days. Mostly sun with the occasional shower and possible thunderstorm.
Yesterday was the last day of school. I finished all of the teacher presents. I had a bit of trouble with one of the patterns, but thankfully I decided to make two at once. When I get to a part of a pattern that is a bit vague I'd work it out on the "spare". Good thing. One step forgot to tell you which side to pin the handle to. When I turned it all right side out. The batting ended up on the outside. I made a note in the book and fixed on the "real" project. I now have a frogging project for in front of the TV at night!

Today will be the running of the vacuum after the cutting of fabric.
I have ironed all of the fabric and will be starting on cutting the quilt for the gentleman who's Mom was a quilter and passed away. I have inherited a few bins of her fabric stash with the promise of more when I visit next, and have more room in the car. One bin had all hand dyes in them. I'm going to work those into his quilt. I don't know if his Mom actually dyed them, but if she did, that would make the fabric even more special.

You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

Tanya D
June 19th, 2013, 05:48 PM
It's afternoon here...2:40pm to be exact. I am at work with absolutely nothing to do and it's sure making for a long day. Wish I could sneak out of here as I have a quilt to build and I could get it done this afternoon if I was at home.

Good news...my 17 year old son found a summer job this morning. He got hired on the spot, didn't even give the guy his fancy new resume he worked on last night. He will be a groundskeeper at a local golf course. His hours are 6am-2pm and all the free golf he wants. Nice gig! He will also be coaching lacrosse this summer in the evenings so he'll be a busy, tired young man.

I dropped off my blue and taupe double slice to my LAQ lastnight then decided to stop in at the fabric store and have a look at what they had on sale. Well, $121 later I have some beautiful fabric for a yet to be decided on quilt. I posted a picture in Show and Tell...so pretty, had to have it.

We are currently under a heavy rainfall warning. We've had rain for days now and I'm sure I am pretty close to sprouting feathers and webbed toes. The mosquitoes have also hatched and are the size of small birds.

Not much else going on in my world...having nothing to do all afternoon has given me the opportunity to catch up on here.

Have a great rest of the day quilty friends!