PDA

View Full Version : Off to Canada

Ginny B
June 18th, 2013, 11:36 PM
DH and I are off for a vacation in Niagara Falls, Ontario. I have never seen the falls from the Canadian side and am looking forward to seeing them. Of course, have checked out some quilt stores in the area and hope to get to stop at them while we are there.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. "See" you next week.

Ginny B

K. McEuen
June 19th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Hope you guys have fun and safe travels!

Sandy Navas
June 19th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Don't get wet, okay?

Tanya D
June 19th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Have a great time in my homeland. I hope you feel welcome here. Enjoy the falls :)

Andrea F
June 19th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Have a good time there and get back home safe :)

Iris Girl
June 19th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Have a wonderful time. The falls are so impressive so much power there. we went to the us side then walked across to the canadian side. they are much better on that side. Make sure you take a ride on the Maid of the Mists.

Monique
June 19th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Have a wonderful time in my country. You are only 1 and 1/2 hours from Wendy!

Blondie
June 19th, 2013, 07:39 AM
One of the places on my "bucket list" is to go to Niagra Falls. I even have it painted on a yard totem.
Enjoy yourself!!

MayinJerset
June 19th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Have a nice vacation. It is a nice area although we haven't been there in years. Years ago DH's sister lived on the NY side on Grand Island so we visited the falls on both sides. Lots of other interesting places to visit in the area also, I seem to remember a fort the the kids enjoyed.

nyscpa2be
June 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM
I love Niagara Falls - check out some wineries on the canadian side - amazing riesling, especially at Cave Creek in Jordan and Innskillin ice wine right near the border.

Sew Perfect
June 19th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Have a wonderful time making new memories together, Ginny. I hope to see pictures when you return! Be safe and don't talk to strangers.

WendyI
June 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Well shoot! Too bad I didn't know earlier! I could have popped over and said howdy! I sure hope you enjoy it over on our side of the tracks! I'm keen to see yours later this summer! My son's fav part is the candy store right on the main drag! LOL! I myself prefer the Hershey store...although I've never really been into it! I'm scared I'll never leave! HA! The haunted houses on the hill are a blast if you can handle them! And I hear the butterfly conservatory is beautiful! Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

Ginny B
June 19th, 2013, 03:32 PM
We are a couple hours away now. Been a good ride once we got out of the city.

Ginny B
June 19th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Glad I figured out how to get to the forum on my phone.

Looking forward to a great time. Going to try to get to the butterfly conservatory and I will look for those wineries. We want to go to Fort George too
Ginny B

aqua-teal71
June 19th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I love that place, both sides. As a kid, my dad took us there when they boarded off the American side, to study errosion.
The last time I was there when we visited my parents right after I got married, that was 31 years ago.
Wouldn't mind going again.

Lilly
June 19th, 2013, 05:20 PM
We went there on our Honeymoon (25 years ago) right about this time. Must say that I also loved the town "Niagra on the Lake". The beach in that little town was tree lined and the white sand so gently went out to the water. It was so beautiful and refreshing and amazingly peaceful. We brought our lunch and sat on the benches. Ahhh thanks for the memories.