PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Hawaii

bkthomas
June 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Just want to stop by and say hello - have been too busy to do much more than lurk once in a while since I've been here.

So to bring you up to date; The day after I got here Roxanne had the day off, the next morning (the 13th) she was up and gone to work before I got up.

To make a long story short, we thought she was having a stroke that day - she did not - she has problems in her neck and shoulder. Inflammation and causing pinched nerves; she is unhappy and in pain - going for physical therapy on Thursday - off work till at least Monday. She thinks it has ruined my time here - it has not.

Now I am not feeling so great - my blood pressure is up.

We have all the frog sewing done and she has finished her first quilt which she will be sending to our Mom.
There is a pic, I will leave that for her to post - she will probably post here in a little bit.

I am having a wonderful time - sorry more details later.......

K. McEuen
June 18th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Sounds like the both of you need to go chill out with one of those little umbrella drinks on the beach for a while.

ilive2craft2
June 18th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I second that motion and if either of you don't drink alcohol, that is fine-- a fruity slushy in a glass at the beach will work wonders for both of you. A little vitamin C from the fruity drink, a little vitamin D from the sun and the relaxing sounds of the waves.....ahhhh

bubba
June 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM
There is nothing like the virgin pina coladas on the beach....

Jean Sewing Machine
June 18th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Glad to hear from you, but sorry to hear you are feeling puny in paradise!

SallyO'Sews
June 18th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I second that motion and if either of you don't drink alcohol, that is fine-- a fruity slushy in a glass at the beach will work wonders for both of you. A little vitamin C from the fruity drink, a little vitamin D from the sun and the relaxing sounds of the waves.....ahhhh

I feel better just thinking about it, Lisa! Kathy, I know just being with your sister is worth it all. Hope you feel better, and have a safe trip home. Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Tanya D
June 19th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Yep, there's a saying..."there is nothing the beach won't fix" so I suggest you get out there and wiggle your toes in the sand, sit back and relax and listen to the waves crash on the shore.

Renate
June 19th, 2013, 03:44 AM
enjoy Kathy, enjoy as much as possible

cyndiofthevortex
June 19th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I hope that you are getting to enjoy the beauty of Hawaii. Hugs to both of you! Can't wait to see the quilt!

bhaggerty
June 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Hope all is well now!! Have a great time!!

WendyI
June 19th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Well hope you both feel much better soon!! I didn't realize you were actually sisters! LOL! So lucky to get to spend the time together...even tho it sucks why she is off work, at least you are together. I say if you can make it to the beach, go for it!! Have a drink or three for me!