PDA

View Full Version : What I've been up to....

buckeyequilter
June 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Hi all....

I know I haven't been posting much lately but I have been stopping by and reading some of the posts. I check out the DD every day.

I have been working on some quilts. I am working on some for family right now - I have a churn dash ready to quilt (my sister), an I Spy ready to quilt (great niece) and am working on a quilt for another great niece. I am going to get all 3 ready and then quilt them. They are all going to the same house.

Then my other sister wants a quilt called Monkey Shine (it's actually a snail's trail) so I will be working on that next. Snail's Trail looks like a complicated pattern but I sure hope it's not. After that I think I want to get a few of the UFO's out of the way (I have a bunch).

I will be on vacation from June 28 - July 7 and hope to get some quilting done then. We won't be going anywhere because DH will have to work...but I need a break from work. When I'm on vacation I completely forget about work (well I do that as soon as I leave the office for the day - every day).

Here's a picture of the churn dash top - it's not perfect:

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

bubba
June 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM
The snail trail is not bad, once you figure it out!!! Then it just keeps repeating.

Your quilt is wonderful!!!

Claire Hallman
June 18th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Maybe not perfect but perfectly beautiful.

SallyO'Sews
June 18th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Shirley, I love this quilt! What a great pattern.

Over40momma
June 18th, 2013, 03:00 PM
It looks perfect to me......perfectly fantastic!!! Love the colors. :icon_woohoo:

Doloris
June 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Your churn dash turned out great. I made a snails trail (or monkey wrench) quilt a while ago and it was all straight seams and if I remember right it was pretty easy. I have to put the side borders on my winding ways quilt and it will be done, but not till next week cause I am sitting in Washington DC dog and house sitting till Sat.

turena65
June 18th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Shirley....your churn dash is so beautiful! Love it:)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 18th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Love the churn dash! The light colors fooled me at first, I thought they were snowflake appliques!

I figured out how to do the snails tail by trial and error, it is such a Fun block!

K. McEuen
June 18th, 2013, 08:40 PM
That top looks great! I really like it with the "extras" in the corners of the churn dash. Never seen one like that before.

buckeyequilter
June 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks everyone. The churn dash is from the MSQC tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTBKWqoxU4

I'm working on a quilt for my great niece, she will be 11 and I asked DH what he thought and he said "don't know, I'm blind". I said well that's what I'm shooting for. LOL

Tanya D
June 19th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Your quilt is beautiful and looks perfect to me!