PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Hellos

Blondie
June 18th, 2013, 07:26 AM

It's Tuesday Folksies!

Since it's summer, I am beginning to sleep a wee bit longer and longer and longer! Of course that makes for a sluggish me for a good part of the morning, but, heckfire! I will never complain about some extra z's; it just makes me get in here a bit later than I am use to.

Wellsir, yesterday I pieced together a baby quilt, sandwiched it and last night started to quilt it while watching the tube. It is for the COC. It is just under 50". I am always short on men and baby fabrics, so, I just made my own fabric out of scraps and then made the cut the circles. It was a lot of fun for me and used up almost every little scrap of kid fabric I had. I see a purchase of that in the future.

Today will be a mixed bag for me. It rained so much yesterday that I was able to get the sewing done. It isn't supposed to rain today until later, so, I may just spend the morning weeding. I won't complain about the rain too much, but I will admit that I have some very healthy weeds!

Must go make some coffee - hubs is leaving for work and is taking the rest of the pot with him in his HUGE gulp cup.

SMILES

Monique
June 18th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Good morning. I think I could have slept a little longer myself this morning. I had a good day at work, I was done my work by 10 and then started quilting. I am lucky I can do that. This quilt will get done sooner for sure. Today my hubby is taking his sister for surgery. She is having the pins and plates removed from her ankle, so I may be home before him.

Have a wonderful day friends.

meemeecyn
June 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the smile you always put on my face, Blondie!

Our new granddaughter and her Mama are doing well. She just turned 6 weeks old! (and cute as a button!) Her 2 older sisters are quite fond of her and want to 'take care of her'. I've been busy going over there with food and helping out when I can.

DH is still going through testing, but it does look like he may be facing some serious chemotherapy. We should know for sure what type he'll need very soon. Prayers are always welcome and appreciated!

I am still trying to do some sewing. No big quilts, but lots of pillowcases. And I've just learned how to put a zipper in. Whooohooo! Thank you to Jean, our jelly roll queen. Watched her video again and it was so helpful.

I haven't been able to check in as often as I would like. But know that I think of all my quilting sisters often. Take care everyone.

Cynthia

Bubby
June 18th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Good Morning,

I love your clip art this morning, Blondie....so true!

Today I'm going to clean the carpet..just the main traffic areas. With all the rain and yard clippings we drag in, it's time to give it some TLC. Beyond that, I will sew the rest of the day. I managed to get the borders on the Dresden Plate quilt and asap it will go to Reggie. I also have three PICU quilts to bind.

Cynthia, my prayers continue for your DH and you. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this ordeal.

Our weather is supposed to turn really hot today and for the rest of the week and the weekend.

Everyone take care and have a good day.

MRoy
June 18th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Good morning Blondie! You wouldn't have any problems pulling weeds here as they may be floating this morning. We had a monsoon last evening. I got home around 6:00 and went into my studio. A huge thunderstorm started and I had to stay put until it slacked off. I know first-hand now that my studio doesn't leak and can withstand some pretty stiff wind. :icon_tup: We had flooded roads last night but they seem to be clear now.

I've got to return a coffee maker that I bought last week. The digital clock is running too fast, it gained almost an hour in the past 12 hours and this throws off the auto-start timer. I gotta have my coffee in the mornings so I packing it up and taking it back to the store today. I still had the box and packing stuff on the kitchen table, maybe I had ESP that there would be a problem.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy Tueday!

shermur
June 18th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Mornin', darlins! More rain here; we are more than 6 inches ahead of last year at this time. WOW! Busy week for us, as usual! Doctor appointments, softball practice, adopting the rescue pup that we've home trilaed with for the past month, and trying to fit in quilting? Yikes....I walk by my sewing room and whimper!

CountryHut
June 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM
think i will take a clue from the fur babies and go back to bed . . ya'll don't mind . . do ya

Mpyles
June 18th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning everyone!

Not a lot here today. Off to work soon. I have a managers meeting at 2pm... hate having these, as I am a very straightforward person, if I have a problem..I go straight to that person and let them know. The higher ups are insistent on it...and won't be surprised if they don't attend to make sure I am spreading their message...poop heads! My objection to them is that it is always someone's day off...and yes I have 2 off today who will have to trudge in and listen to the speel! I know how much I hate it when they have the monthly p&l meeting on my day off...aggravates the heck out of me...oh well...why fight it.

4 days til vacation(with a day off in that) and 6 days til our florida trip!!

Everyone have a great day!!

aliaslaceygreen
June 18th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Good morning. Yes, me, THIS EARLY.... feel like I've fallen off the wagon lately...
Work today, work tomorrow...then THREE days off... Can almost promise you my irritating manager would never CONSIDER giving me Sunday off as well...she is very good to herself, swapping her days off around so she can always have a three day weekend, but I have to use a vacation day to get a weekend day off!!

Oh, to quilt...can't wait... I figure I will spend tonight and tomorrow working on what can be finished in the bath, and then do a serious cleaning of the rest of the place. ..Then three days of quilting (with one night off to take DH to see Superman for Fathers Day)...

Cynthia, I am sorry to hear of your DH's troubles... Hugs....

Take care all..

MayinJerset
June 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Oh wish I could have stayed in bed a little longer this morning but painters were coming this morning and they are usually here before 8am. Got the call from the contractor last night and didn't want to pass up them coming today even though DH and I have appointments. I have a perm this morning so DH will be here with the painters and I will be here when they return this afternoon for the 2nd coat while DH goes to the doctors. Can't wait untill I get the room back together and some new window treatments up. Had cloth roman shades up for many years and they have begun to rot in some places due to the sun so it's time for something new and fresh.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 18th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Morning all, I have been out of bed a while, just not on here. Have to go to town today.......ugh! And to w-mart! I had rather say home. Thanks for the smile Blondie I'm going to need it later while pushing that shopping cart.
Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Good morning friends! Do you ever have vivid dreams when you go back for that last little blast of sleep? I do, and did this morning, and am trying to unwind my brain from them! Crazy! Sometimes, I wonder how a brain can conjure up such a story!

I got a tiny bit of sewing stuff done yesterday, too tiny to really be even called sewing. Got a pair of costume pants cut out, and went to get a pattern for the jacket. None of the major pattern manufacturers make patterns for boys anymore, except hoodies and pajamas. They do have one pattern for a dress vest. So, I go to Kwik Sew patterns, they always come through for me, their patterns fit well, they are multisized. The only problem is that they are very expensive. But, I guess you get what you pay for. I need to cut out the jacket and put it together.

When I came home there was a package in my mailbox, Owlivia layer cake and fabric from MSQC. IT IS SO COLORFUL AND CUTE And it was on a nice sale! Going to make another twister quilt for my girl!

What to do? I have an hour to sew-- quilts or costumes? Dilemma for sure!

Sandy Navas
June 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Sunshiny morning to all. Cynthia, I really wanted to hear better news this morning - so know that I have your DH in my prayers. Keep the attitude upbeat and the faith!

Not sure what the day holds. Yesterday I got up and had a nice long post here and then lost it. DRATS I hate when that happens. I mean, come on, how does one reclaim wit? Speaking of which, I used to have a sign on my desk that read: "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." And my boss used to stand in my office door and read it under his breath - nearly DAILY - and then look at me and shake his head saying "I don't get it." And I already knew that. I digress.

The pool is open at 64 degrees and the girls are biting at the bit. Luckily they all swim but I'm not getting in water that cold. I doubt they actually will, either.

Okay, help me out here. Clean the house or sew? Sew or clean the house? Be Domestic or Happy?

Smile ya'all, Jonathan is on his way over . . . to my house!

CrazyMtnLady
June 18th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Good morning. I have not been on here much in the last few days. I am really trying to get things done. I almost have the cargo trailer cleaned out and I boxed up all our VHS movies (we have over 200) so I could move the shelf unit out of the house. Since we now have almost 3000 DVDs (can you tell we HATE regular TV?) we don't watch the VHS movies much. I still have other things to move out also. I have to call our new neighbors and see if they would like the couch and loveseat for their living room that at the moment is furniture free except for the very large bird cage and the baby chicks!
Still have no idea when Daniel will be home and bringing the furniture from his mom's house. Looking forward to the rocking chairs....I love a rocker. I need boxes to store things until we have the new stuff in a the room arranged.
Gave the dogs a bath the other day and then I had to give TarButt another one last night because she decided to go off into the woods and roll in something yucky!
So back to working on the house and cargo trailer. :(

Prayers to all in need.

Have a great day.

HandsOffItsMine
June 18th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Morning all,

After all the excitement with multiple sessions of mammograms, ultrasound and the news of needing the stereotactic breast biopsy with core needle since the pea size growth appears to be in the lymphatic system. I woke up with the worse tension headache in a long time!!! You know the type of headache where the nausea is right there with ya... :(

I'm out of my reserve meds that my Hawaiian doctor gave me, which means a trip to urgent care for me. I'm starting to get an aura as I'm typing this so a migraine is coming along with this - Great a cluster headache.

My Kat will have to drive me...

Huggers you guys, Ruby

ilive2craft2
June 18th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Good Morning all! DH got through his stress test yesterday and got to go home! Such a change from last time - they kept him and he had an angiogram that same night and then a pacemaker put in the next day. Won't have results until tomorrow - doc said he would know then if he needed an angiogram or anything else.

Cynthia, your DH and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there - as Steffie has shown us, attitude is half the battle.

Ruby, you and your family are always in my prayers, but a few extra going up that this will just end up being a scare. So sorry that all of the stress has brought on a migraine - those are awful. Get a new prescription here to have on hand.

Off to the doc myself this morning - just routine due to being diabetic. Then I think I will get the edger out and edge the sidewalks and driveway out front. Little by little the front is starting to look like a house someone actually cares about instead of being abandoned to run wild.

Worked in the sewing room a bit yesterday on my dresden for the swap. I am amazed that it lays fairly flat - it was my first one. It was just a trial, but it may be the one my buddy gets. I sure hope she likes it. :)

Hugs and prayers for all that have requested and those that haven't.

WendyI
June 18th, 2013, 11:45 AM
S"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." And my boss used to stand in my office door and read it under his breath - nearly DAILY - and then look at me and shake his head saying "I don't get it." And I already knew that. I digress.

Okay, help me out here. Clean the house or sew? Sew or clean the house? Be Domestic or Happy?

OH SANDY!! I SO NEED THAT SIGN! Thank you SO much for that laugh this morning!! That's awesome! And I say be happy and SEW!

Donna I too despise regular TV but wow...that's a LOT of movies!!

Ruby was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how your appointment went. Please take care...so sorry you are feeling unwell...tension headaches are horrible and I get them myself...thankfully no migraines though.

Still can't get that multi quote thing figured out! Dangit!

I'm having a better day...a BIT less stressful BUT back to boredom. uhg. AND it looks like it might be September before things pick up around here for me. Not sure I can take too much more of this so might consider leaving this job for another department. I like my job and if I move my career might die....but I'm gonna die of boredom if something doesn't change soon!

Anyway...love you all...have an AWESOME day!

Renate
June 18th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks for your smile dear Blondie and all around here, I send a smile back

janluna
June 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Prayers being said for Ruby, Cynthia, Sandy, And for everyone who needs prayer. Ruby, I am so sorry you are facing this problem. I'm sure, when I tell the girls you need Prayer, they too will be in Prayer mode for you. Love to all, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

laf512
June 18th, 2013, 12:28 PM
It's a pretty quiet day here at my house for a change. My 8yo dd isn't feeling well so she's just been lying around the house. She's usually the one that gets the boys doing all kinds of stuff so they have been chilling out, too. I'm not complaining ;)

I'm hoping to get some sewing time in today, but really need to give my house some attention first! It's amazing how fast it can turn into a disaster area!

Prayers and hugs for all those dealing with health issues!

Granny Judy
June 18th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Cynthia, I am so sorry you are having so much to deal with right now. Know that I've got you and DH on my prayer list.
Ruby...hope you are able to get the head ache meds quickly and have that Migraine gone or under control fast..
And all who need an extra bit of care,, know that I'm praying for ya.

I'm just a lazy bone today.. will soon have the house all to myself as SonIL will be returning to work this Thursday.. He's been off with that knee he had surgery on. Seems the whole leg swells up and he has had a lot of pain. Doc put him back in rehab and he now wears a "hose" , groin to toes. While off he has been cleaning the kitchen and floors for me. (OK that takes care of just about everything except the dusting around here) So I can be as lazy as I want or need. LOL

My day is coming tho.... so I am enjoying my last few hours of leisure.

bakermom
June 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Rather quiet here today so I should mosey upstairs to sew for a bit. I'll probably take the dog for a walk first since she missed out the last 2 days because of rain. she's such a nag, but those walks are the highlight of her doggy-day. I did pick up a t-shirt over the weekend to make another little dress for GD. The last ones i made were a big hit.

Madeforyouinma11
June 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Hello everyone! Yesterday I went to see my little Julia for a bit and then came home and mowed the lawn. Hubby didn't want me to do it but he was sick so he couldn't stop me...heehee. I don't leave the house for work, all my work is here so I really don't mind doing it.
Today, I need to do a little sewing and then I will be either painting Julia's room or cleaning my sewing room..not sure which yet.
Sandy, you should definitely have fun! :) Hope everyone has a great day!
To all those in need of prayers.....

SallyO'Sews
June 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Hi, Everyone! Happy Tuesday! I was a good girl and got a one-mile walk in before work... It is very slow here today, which is great, because I can visit you-all on my break, but ohmygoodness, I wish they would let me bring my sewing machine in to my office, so I could really make productive use of my time! :D. I have a nice big desk, which I would happily clear off to make room for it. Got all the paperwork done by 10 a.m. and am here until 5. They do pay me by the hour, so here I sit, in case the phone rings or I get an email from someone...

Hope you are all able to make it a great day. Praying for your DH, Cynthia, and for Ruby - hope that head of yours can get some relief... and for everyone on the forum!
Hugs and blessings, ~ Sally \0/

HandsOffItsMine
June 18th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Prayers being said for Ruby, Cynthia, Sandy, And for everyone who needs prayer. Ruby, I am so sorry you are facing this problem. I'm sure, when I tell the girls you need Prayer, they too will be in Prayer mode for you. Love to all, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Thank you dear Jan for your prayers but don't tell the girls about Oma Ruby needing prayer like that. They have enough to worry about with Emily. :) I have a big group of warriors praying for me or folks who are sending healing light/good mojo/karma...

Love you and Joe! Huggers, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
June 18th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Kat dropped me off at the Urgent Care and after 2.5 hours and a $400 bill (I'm sicker now) - I got a pain shot and a stack of prescriptions). I'm feeling a bit better (at a 7 from a 9), stopped tossing my cookies, in a darkened bedroom. Enough meds for 2 weeks to find a doctor who will take a sliding payment plan or a no insurance patient. Wish me luck. Not dealing with that this afternoon.

Thanks for the prayers. Love you all.

Cynthia, sure hope that the doctors figure out the best plan for your DH. He's in our prayers and huggers for both of you!

Prayers for those in need. Huggers for all...my eyes are closing, Ruby