PDA

View Full Version : Monday Greetings

Blondie
June 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM

Good Morning Hellos my favorite folksies!

Monday. The day after Father's Day. Looks like 50/50 chance of rain today and the 50 percent chance is hitting us right now. I slept late, working on my first cuppa, and that's all there is to say this morning. I am still not fully with it.

After work Saturday Luscious and I decided to give in to Mom's wheedling and drive her to the big city of Burlington. They have some outlet stores there she was wanting to haunt. Well, it's been soooooo long since we have been, those outlet stores are closed. There is a new type of outside mall shopping district that she didn't want to shop at. Too much walking. So, we had late lunch at my least favorite type of restaurant, those chain buffet places, because Mom just LOVES their chicken. I would rather eat at a greasy spoon diner eating a greasy cheeseburgers that slide off the plate than bland food that is overcooked. Oy. So, then we went to a few other discount stores and a thrift store. That was more to my liking. All in all we had a good time, we each found something that we couldn't live without.

Yesterday my middle son Josh came over and spent the day with us. I hated to see him leave. He only lives an hour from us but oh how I wish he lived closer. I wouldn't mind him moving back home. Don't throw rotten veggies at me; He is tender heart. Each of you who has empty nested knows deep inside you wish this or that one was still around. Josh has a new job that he will be starting soon; orientation and paperwork today. Anyway, Sarah and Steve came by as well for Daddy's Day. Sarah and Josh were like twins for me. A year apart in age and even now very close and dear friends. It sure does my heart good to know my children like each other as well as love each other. They miss their big brother but he has been gone for so many years with a brief visit not very often that he is like happy memory. Sighs for all of us.

I am planning on doing a little of this and a little of that today. I need to get some groceries since the fridge is cleaned out; I may even sew a little if I can get to a stopping place.

I am certain I will find something to laugh about today, most certainly will find something that will bring a smile to my face, even if it means looking a myself good in mirror in a few moments. I haven't even finished my coffee, so you KNOW that I must be a funny sight - hair all standing on angles, fuzzy slippers on, and a t shirt with a USA flag over my undies. Poor Luscious. It ain't like I am spring chicken. Everything jiggles when I walk. LOL. I have told him many times that I have some wiggle in my waggle now. He doesn't seem to mind so I just dream about how much I never liked work out exercises anyway. My favorite exercise is walking anyhow. I need to walking with Sis and her hubs again. There I go, rambling again. oh la! Have a fun day! Smile!

MRoy
June 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning! It's supposed to be rainy here too. Things are sure growing with all this rain. DH killed a snake in the farm shop Saturday. I wish he hadn't told me about it cause now I'm scanning for creepy crawlers when I'm out there. I did yard work over the weekend, spraying for weeds, grass, & bugs, and fertilizing flowers and plants. I did some sewing Saturday and Sunday. I made a cover to slip over the mesh back of my sewing chair and worked on my Falling Charms quilt. I hadn't done much sewing for a couple of weeks and it felt good! The countdown to retirement is at 45 days! Have a great Monday!

Bubby
June 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Good Morning,

I'm having a very slow morning. We had a super busy weekend and I'm still tired. The worst part is that I got into poison ivy and it's driving me nuts. So far it's on my right arm and hand and the back of one leg behind my knee. Nothing itches like this stuff.

Jeff had a good Father's Day. He watched golf and NASCAR and I cooked a special dinner.

We've had a lot of rain the past three days. It's off to work for Jeff today and I'm determined to finish putting borders on my Dresden Plate top. I just have two more sides to go on the outer border, so it's almost there. The next time I go to see Reggie this will go to her for her magic touch.

I'm thrilled for our Steffie's good news! That gets my Monday off to a wonderful start.

Have a great day!

Renate
June 17th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Good Monday to all of you from sunny Switzerland

Monique
June 17th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Good morning. I did not sleep well last night at all. We had a thunder storm that scared the bejesus out of me. And it rained cats and dogs for a while. I start a new assignment today for 5 weeks. I may need a nap and will bring my alarm clock with me just in case. And I will be bringing my quilt to work on as well.

We gathered at my mother-in-law's/brother-in-law's back yard for a BBQ yesterday. Lots of good food and good company. I got a little quilting done when I got home. Y'all have a wonderful day.

Mpyles
June 17th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone!! Four day work week for me this week then I am on vacation!! We leave for florida on Monday! Yeah! Looking forward to laying around and reading!!

Worked on a jo Morton quilt all day yesterday and cooked some BBQ pork steaks for dinner for DH since it was Father's Day...he splurged. Protein is not my problem...its all the stuff that goes with it! Rained like the dickens again here!

Off to work I go!! Everyone have a great day!!

dizzyLiz
June 17th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Hi all. Work today and tomorrow then off until saturday. I pick my DGD up at the airport on Friday. She will be visiting for 2 months. I look forward to this time with her all year. My dog Shugg is holding her own. 2 weeks since her diagnosis and she is still going strong. Sleeping alot, but still eating well and happy. Have a great Monday all

Iris Girl
June 17th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Good Morning all. Didn't sleep well last night. I think I need a new pillow. Woke up way too many times and now my neck and shoulders and head ache. Off to work in a bit hope the customers are calm today. Maybe I can find more out about the fabric coming in and what that is all about. Have a great day all. Hugs and well wishes to all that need and want them.

Lonna
June 17th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Good Morning All,
Normal work week ahead although I will be training a new girl. This is the first new employee that they have hired for us since I started working there six years ago. The gentleman that I work with is now semi-retired so they brought in a new person I would have thought that they would have hired another man. Since we really need some one who can fix doors and springs and take care of all the heavy lifting but they hired another woman. Who knows they may be looking to get rid of me. Oh well not going to stress over it. Time for me to head out the door. Have a great day all.

MayinJerset
June 17th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Need to get my up and at them going this morning as I feel like I would love to lie on the couch and veg out. Lots of laundry to be done and bills to go over.

Since we were going to have a little BBQ for Father's Day DH and I got the deck all fitted out for summer, deck power washed, big table and chairs in place and the the potted plants in a nice display. Asked DH to take the big tote in the shed that had chair pads, tablecloths and BBQ equipment, he didn't know which one it was so he took all the totes out. One had leftover items from last garage sale, DIL Mj took some wooden coat hangers and a Mr. Coffee pot and the rest is going to Good Will this afternoon.

Getting a long overdue perm tomorrow and Wednesday hope to attend Grand Opening of a new Super Supermarket in town. Hope this market has the battery operated carts for me to use as I intend to take advantage of all the giveaways and special sales like a case of spring water and boxes of blueberries. They will also have some chefs cooking up a storm and giving out food samples.

quiltingtrish
June 17th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Johnny Depp - great answer - lol!

Happy Monday to all. Scanned the board last night for updates - great news Steffie! And saw Lisa on here to pop in - you just keep on recovering, we miss you.

Spent a few days with my BFF and we hit the beach. Beautiful weather in Delaware - a little too much sun here and there on the body, but don't plan on moving too much except to wash and hang clothes. The sun is out so we will take it.

Delivered the 2 baby quilts I quilted for my friends and they were very pleased with them. I was concerned about the straight lines I had asked about on here earlier whether I had to do horizontal lines also (everyone said no) - anyways, my vertical were not all perfectly straight and the gal loved it. She said the lady the quilt was going to for her baby loves the handmade look and not all matchy, matchy, perfectly - so I was happy. I didn't expect to get paid for them and she did anyways.

Well, off to start the clothes. DH must have kept up with his because I don't see a full hamper. Mine and the son's are a different pile altogether - lol! It's nice to know I am still needed after 4 days away.

Everyone - hope you have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

bakermom
June 17th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Up early to go to DD's to watch her little ones for a bit. then home again to sew, haven't been working on my falling charms for a few days again. I've been concentrating on some hand quilting instead. We had a nice weekend, esp. Sunday when we went out to eat with some of the kids for Father's day. Got some exciting news too-we will be grandparents again. DS and DIL are expecting! so excited for them!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 17th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Hi everybody! Got up late today because I was sewinglate last night. Got my brain changed over from quilt making to costume making at last. I made my " little girl's" dress for Secret Garden last night, she is actually a little woman 24 years old who looks very young and can act and sing like a dream! I found several lace collars that were in my mother's stuff, put one on the dress and it looks so cute. Today, I will be making my little boy's outfit, and tomorrow the Ghostly mother's dress. We are taking publicity pictures Wednesday night. Hope I get it all done!

Have a great day!

auntiemern
June 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good morning all. I am up, but not at em. Had a terrible night with very little sleep. Had the grands overnight, and had to get them up and to the bus stop for school today. URI I do believe. Throat hurts like the dickens too. I did manage to get most of DH's bass fishing quilt top done. One more border, then can get it sandwiched. Haven't made up my mind if I am going to wrestle it, and try to machine quilt it, or just hand quilt it. Then I need to get some charity stuff going. Off to check the other posts. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

ilive2craft2
June 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Good Monday Morning everyone! I am on vacation this week - woohoo! Just finished my first cup of coffee as I have been reading the forum, so please ignore any typos - I am not awake yet, it takes 2 or more usually. :) Great news from Steffie! She is such an inspiring young lady - I know her positive outlook helped in her healing (as well as all of the positive thoughts and prayers she rec'd).

Hope to get something done in the sewing room this morning, but it is gorgeous outside!! Chance of thunderstorms later today, so I should mow the back yard - I did the front on Saturday. Went to a memorial service for my aunt yesterday - it was more like a family reunion than a standard memorial service, which is what she wanted. We got to visit with lots of family that I haven't seen for a while, so it was good.

Today, my husband is having a stress test to see if there is anything else going on with his heart. He has been extremely tired and having a few other symptoms (which I didn't know about until the doc appt last Monday - men!!). They adjusted his pacemaker and he says he is feeling a lot better, but the cardiologist said that it wasn't just the pacemaker going on. I don't have a good history with stress tests in my family - my mom had a massive heart attack after she stepped off the treadmill and had bypass surgery and the last time DH had one, they kept him overnight and he had a pacemaker installed the next day. Praying that if they find something, it is easily fixable! Appt isn't until this afternoon, teh waiting is the worst. I think I will go mow......

Sorry for all of the rambling, sometimes it is good to just get it off your chest. Hugs and prayers for everyone!

toggpine
June 17th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Good morning!

I woke up with a snuggle bug in my bed! Em must have woken up when Daddy left this morning for work. If it's enough to really wake her, she'll come down the hall and crawl in with me for the extra hour. She brings at least her bear and a blanket with her when she does this, sometimes a whole arm load of stuffies make the trip down the hall! She has two more days of school and then the long torture of summer begins. She loves school and can hardly wait to go back.

I finished one teacher gift and have one more to go. We spent most of the weekend out in the gardens trying to keep ahead of the weeds this year. The veggies are looking pretty good and the fruit trees are very promising.

Off to make one more school lunch and head out to work.
You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

Lissau
June 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Johnny depp can be held against me anytime l REALLLYYYY don't mind ....hehehe

shannonsaulter
June 17th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Hi all and GM...its been busy here with work, company coming and Tying up loose ends for vacation..a friend of mone will stay at our house to puppy sit which is much better then a kennel...
I am off work today and hope to get some sewing done...
Sat me AMD both DD's went to Disneyland a fun relaxing day..Yesterday we made DH the breakfast of GIS choice AMD I slow cooked a roast...
Hope everyone has a great day..

aliaslaceygreen
June 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon! Laylabug is NAPPING...peace reigns in the house. She has found her two year old self and is reveling in misbehavior of every type.... I am exhausted, but so far have won every battle of wills....good thing she's cute!
I work tomorrow and Wednesday and then have THREE days off, and QUILT groups on two of them....a little slice of heaven!

Hope all are well today... don't have the time to read thru...must reassemble the house before someone awakens...

SallyO'Sews
June 17th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Ohmygoodness, Blondie, that Johnny Depp quote just about sent me out of my chair laughing!! Thanks!! :icon_rofl:

WendyI
June 17th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Afternoon all...EXTREME STRESS today!! My California trip might be cancelled....which means we are out the tickets...very, VERY long story...will try and post about it if I have time...in the meantime hoping everyone is enjoying their day! xox

Sandy Navas
June 17th, 2013, 06:41 PM
You all have to share Johnny Depp. I don't need that. Just give me a little Jonathan Greensmith:

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gifhttp://manhattaninfidel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dos-equis-guy-gives-advice.jpg
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

Blondie
June 17th, 2013, 07:30 PM
So Sandy, that is the name of the fella above? I crack up on all those "quotes" floating around the net using his pic; they are as funny as that grumpy cat quotes.
I have to say he is attractive in a way; kinda reminds me of some used car salesman from back in the day. lol

Now I am really officially over Johnny Depp, I felt like I would've been babysitting - oh what a horrible job, right? But he is the only man I have ever seen to wear eye liner so well! Exceptional actor, I think he is free at the moment, Lisa au ~ The youngster I think is too cute right now is the guy who plays the new superman. I fell for him during The Tudors. I kinda hate that now I have to share him with the rest of the world. I'll drop him soon . . .

Musical_Starling
June 17th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Psh, you ladies can have Johnny Depp AND Jonathan Greensmith, just let me keep Ryan Gosling:

K. McEuen
June 17th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joe Manganiello

'nuff said.

aliaslaceygreen
June 17th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Oh, I didn't know we were sharing eye candy....

Sandy Navas
June 17th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Whew! It is so good to know that I don't have to share Jonathan with anyone . . . I'll leave you to your own eye candy!!!! Although, I do like the way Ryan Gosling thinks.