PDA

View Full Version : One More Father's Day message

SallyO'Sews
June 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hi, Quilty friends! I wanted to share this with you. It was written by a young woman who is a good friend of my children, and has become like one of my own DDs. Here is what Carla posted on FB today:

I've seen a lot of posts celebrating fathers on this Fathers day. And I add my voice to the many voices celebrating fathers today!! But, I also lend my voice in prayer for those of us who have been hurt in our relationships with our fathers. Some have experienced abuse, abandonment, betrayal and a number of other hurts. Fathers' day is not the happiest for you. I pray that you can walk in the peace God gives when we forgive. So, one day, even if your father never becomes the man you hoped he would be, you can love him regardless of his actions. Truly a love that only our God can teach us.

Blessings to all, ~ Sally \0/

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 16th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Amen....I agree

dwil23
June 16th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Amen. This is so true for way too many people.

Evilynn
June 17th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Sadly, this is also true. My thoughts to those who don't have a relaxed, loved relationship with their father for whatever reason. I hope one day, you'll be able to make your peace.

Miss Sheri
June 17th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Sally, Thank you for sharing that with us. That is so beautifully ,and thoughtfully stated. A kindly reminder to all, that a loving father and mother is not something to take for granted; and if so blessed, something for which we should be truly grateful.