PDA

View Full Version : Have a nice Father's Day one and all!

kensington
June 16th, 2013, 12:45 AM
My daddy is not here, but we celebrate my FIL and my husband. This year everyone is coming out to BBQ and swim. I've got steaks marinating to make Kabobs, Ribs and Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs ready to go. I'm making a Macaroni Salad, and Pea Salad. Sil is bringing some hamburgers and hotdogs too. She is making Potato Salad, my DD is bringing a watermelon and chips, I'm making Sweet Ice Tea and Lemonade. Then to top it off... We will be making Hot Fudge Brownie Sundaes... a bonfire with S'mores if anyone stays late and the rain holds off!

I just want to wish you all a Happy Father's day.

ilive2craft2
June 16th, 2013, 12:57 AM
My Dad and my FIL are both gone and our son has to work tomorrow, so we are celebrating on Monday. Tomorrow, my DH and I are going to a memorial service for my aunt who passed away a couple of months ago.

Hope everyone has a Happy Father's Day.

Andrea F
June 16th, 2013, 04:18 AM
I wish everyone a happy fatherīs day and fun with your families! Our fatherīs day has been in May over here.

Iris Girl
June 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all. I never had a father and my father in law has been gone many years. Hubby will be working today . But he will get a nice meal when he gets home.

Evilynn
June 16th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Happy Fathers DAy to our friends overseas! Finland celebrates Fathers Day in November. What I found pretty surprising is that they celebrate it very much like the mothers day over here (unlike in Germany where boys and men no matter if father or not very often use it as an excuse to get completely wasted) meaning there's cake and coffee and kids... !!!
Have a blast!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Happy Fathers DAy to our friends overseas! Finland celebrates Fathers Day in November. What I found pretty surprising is that they celebrate it very much like the mothers day over here (unlike in Germany where boys and men no matter if father or not very often use it as an excuse to get completely wasted) meaning there's cake and coffee and kids... !!!
Have a blast!
Anything to celebrate with adult beverages!

Blondie
June 16th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Sounds like you are gonna have a great gathering, with lots of yummy food. Family gatherings are the bestest. Enjoy the day!

SallyO'Sews
June 16th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Kensington, I'm coming to your house for dinner.

MayinJerset
June 16th, 2013, 07:46 PM
We had a nice Father's Day BBQ with DS#2, DIL & DGD, a few hot dogs and burgers, salads, freshe ice tea and topped off with fresh berries and pound cake and more ice tea. Lots of phone calls for DH from DS#3 and grandkids in Mass., CA and New Orleans as well as cards and gifts from the rest. DH is now watching golf and will soon be fast asleep after a busy day.