PDA

View Full Version : Thuirsday, my personal Monday

Blondie
February 24th, 2011, 07:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/GdMorn_musicalbears-viJen.gif

Happy Thursday, Ladies

Work this morning - looks like a busy morning - color, perm, s/s and some h/c's. I am doing some seniors this morning from a local nursing home. No real money but after I am done with them I am always happy that I have done this. These old gals are really something else. Like to look pretty in case they land another beau.

Slept good, always welcome. I am not awake enough to see if I will achieve the energy level that I had yesterday. LOL.

Jan, I am sorry to read that Gina has been having a difficult time getting in here. Just let her know we are thinking of her and missing her. Also, if you here from Laura, let her know that I miss her as well. Can you tell us how she is doing health wise? I continue to think of her daily, hoping that she is faring better.

Okay, off to read the other news that I missed overnite from our night owls. Have a special day, everyone.

Onetiredmomma
February 24th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I have to go to work today. I've been off since Saturday so it's going to feel strange. I've a bunch of paperwork to do between now and the first of the month. If I'm not here during the next few days, you will know why.
Have a blessed day everyone!

quiltingtrish
February 24th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Oh yes, Jan - how is our Laura doing? And I miss Gina too. Hope she can get back on soon.

Those dear old ladies, I am sure they will be very happy knowing that by the end of today, they will be beautiful once again. You are such a blessing to them, Blondie.

Rainy here today and tomorrow. Just hope the snows stay way north of here.

Odie was supposed to start his classes today after waiting for a month for them to begin. Alas, not to be. Not in The Plans, I guess. He has a hernia and needs surgery. Don't know when yet, but does know he can't start classes until the next round begins which is another 5 weeks. Cleaning, that's what they give them to do to keep the guys busy. We told him to ask if he can't work in an office somewhere since he's already done his 5 weeks of cleaning. So, we are hopeful they will work with him.

Well, best get moving and will check in later! You all have a great Thursday.

Hugs,

patticakes
February 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Hi all!
I checked in yesterday and did not get to post much and while I planned to get on later in the evening I was too pooped to even think of it. Not sure why I am so tired all of a sudden but I am sure by tomorrow (Friday!!) afternoon I will be raring to go for the weekend.
Sorry to hear that Gina is having troubles getting on here and I often think of Laura and wondering how her and her hubby are doing. I miss both of their posts.
Have to chuckle to think of Blondie's day with the seniors. A friend of mine had her own shop and said that her "Qtips", as she called them, were really her bread and butter because they were old school and faithfully got their hair done each week. I can remember my Mom getting her pouffy "do" every week too. Ahh...life seemed so much simpler then.
Hoping to get some quilting in this weekend. Haven't done a thing on the denim blocks and need to get some fabric for the backing for the other quilt top I just finished the borders on.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Stay safe and warm!
Cyber hugs and air kisses to all!
Patti

Sandy Navas
February 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
GOOD MORNING QUILTING FRIENDS

It looks like Mother Nature is shaking her fist at us again. Our pool cover is showing signs of sleet/snow - whatever you want to call this frozen mess from the heavens. I know we needed moisture but I am tired of the cold. How do our far northern friends tolerate it for so long? I'm ready for green grass, flowers, spring, clean-up time. I noticed on the way back from the mailbox yesterday that we have branches down here and there that will need to be taken care of before mowing - and even though the grass is still brown it needs mowed. Saw plenty of robins and Al has even spotted a blue bird, so surely it won't be long.

Stay warm, stay happy, safe and fulfilled. May everyone's health grow stronger.

janluna
February 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Gina is back on. She PM'ed me this morning. Laura is good one day and not so good the next. She keeps getting infections. That's due to the Lupus breaking down her immune system. Other than that she says she is good. She has been playing with collecting coupons and seeing how much she can buy for next to nothing. She got $324.00 worth for 101.06 or something like that. She said it keeps her busy. She continues to work on her quilting, and cooking. The girl should have been a chef. She spends most of her time at home or with her sis or her Dad. Rodney had a series of mini strokes and Thank God they kept him from having a major one. They said it would have been massive and he would have been paralyzed from the neck down if he hadn't come in when he did. So Laura has had that to deal with too.
I'm doing wash today. I usually do it on Mondays but since I did it last Thursday, there wasn't enough to do on Monday. So today is the day I play washer women. lol
Nothing else of much interest to report on. Hugs, Jan L

ginampls
February 24th, 2011, 12:47 PM
tah dah... here i am... golly didn't realize i had been so thought of... i cleaned my computor and it erased all my pass words... really not fun... so i finally got on here. i posted amesage to jan. onFB and got some help... i got my blocks done for the block swap... i am just delayed... oops there went the budget... poof went my $$ flow as well. plus.... northern MN has bitten me hard... this year... my electric bill for january was 255.00 holy smokes... i think i want to move.... bnut i am so excited. for the block swap... the blocks didn't take that long to do... and for my first applique... it went good... will totally would do this one again...

so okay... a move...i have reconnected with a dear friend who lives 80 or so miles away..she has taken up the quilting i turned her on to this site.. and jen and her hens... and well... she is hooked.. so we are being verbal about offering memory quilts for folks for money... and it would be better if i was closer to her.. plus living out of town is really hard... 8 miles one way for milk...plus this road is ice covered and not treated as good as it could in my opinion... plus the school.... oh heavens i could go on and on ... but i won't. just know... not meeting a need for my child.... and i am not impressed... so ... made some zipper bags... to cheer myself up...gloomy winter feb blues.... will try to post in show and tell... wish me luck on that missed you guys... all the best gina

sewsoft
February 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Good morning to all. It's nice to read everyone's posts. I'm trying to get moving around, not a good day!

toggpine
February 24th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Hello All!
Our spastic weather yesterday has finally settled into snow today. So now I have my husband, the 19 year old, and the 4 year old home today. I am probably going to finish that bottle of rootbeer schnapps with all of these people in my house today!
I have been making progress on the Jellystone Park quilt. I have a couple of mending tasks for hand work in front of the TV tonight.
I'll catch up with you all later!
Cathy

sally
February 24th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Good morning. Cold but sunny here. I am so ready for this week to end! Just finished with a Jury trial. Lots of late work nights! Did manage to do some quilting this morning before work while watching an episode of The Waltons. I needed it to"restorith my soul" and help me face the day.:lol:
Blondie, "These old gals are really something else. Like to look pretty in case they land another beau" made me laugh. My Aunt at 80 found a beau and got married. They met in their seniors lodge and are still hanging in there 6 years later.:icon_bigsmile:
Well must return to my day.:icon_rolleyes: Later dudettes

janluna
February 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Good morning to all. It's nice to read everyone's posts. I'm trying to get moving around, not a good day!

Sorry you are having a hard time Sewsoft. I send up a prayer for you to feel better. Hugs, Jan L

toggpine
February 24th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Blondie: I want to thank you for taking care of the seniors. I know it's not my grandmother you are giving the shampoo & set to, but someone like her. She doesn't have much to look forward to, and she always feels so much better after her trip to the beauty shop. She could probably wash her own hair, but her range of motion in her shoulders is such that she would never be able to set it on her own. Thanks for helping keep these ladies looking and feeling pretty! I know you won't get rich with them as your customers, but it has to count for something on the big tally board.
I hope the extra energy finds you again today!
Blessings on you!
Cathy

Atlantis
February 24th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Hi guys, it's so nice to read your posts and I look forward to becoming one of your community. It turns a bad day into a good one to see everyone looking out for each other.... I had to go to the spinal clinic today and have been given new exercises to try and sort out a damaged lower back. They keep telling me I can't sit down, or stay in one position for too long. This stops me from trying to finish my first quilt....:( I'm nearly there with it, but have, unfortunately, run out of funds to buy backing material to finish, which has kept my physio happy - not me tho. I'm not sure if I have created this quilt as it should be, it'll be interesting to see how it ends up as I didn't find this forum until I'd reached the end. I kinda just went with the flow of what I thought would work lol. Now I know where to find some truly excellent tutorials!! Once completed I'll post a picture for you guys to see and comment on.

Have a great day/evening guys:icon_wave:

janluna
February 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Listen to the therapist, they know what they are talking about. As a person who has had 3 back surgeries and lots of nerve damage, they are telling you right. You can't sit, stand, or lay in one position without causing spasms in your back. And if you have nerve damage, you will get burning pain down your legs too. Even walking isn't good if you do it too long. Jan L

Atlantis
February 24th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Ok will do, thanks Jan. Three surgeries wow, have they been able to help you? It's just frustrating not being able to do what I would like to do. They don't know what caused back issue and it flares when it wishes with no warning.... I'll make sure to listen and keep track of time so I don't aggravate it....... I think I need one of those gorgeous personal trainers, that may help my motivation for the exercises lol

Patrice
February 24th, 2011, 05:32 PM
welcome back Gina. hope everyone had a great day today.

debinmalaga
February 24th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Good afternoon, quilting friends! Hope everyone is having a good day; Sewsoft and Atlantis, I hope you feel better! Blondie, I'm sure your senior ladies look forward to their time with you. Trish - poor Odie! The guy can't catch a break! I feel for him, stuck waiting around cleaning.

Got my hospital bill for last month's botched bronchitis - twenty-three THOUSAND dollars for less than 48 hours in the hospital. Good lord! Thank heavens for insurance, I have to pay a small fraction of that, but still was an eyebrow raiser to see the bill, especially as I had the world's mildest case of bronchitis, mistaken for everything from a blood clot to heart problems (rolling eyes). That was one expensive little cough, LOL.

Got my pinwheel lap quilt done the other day and stuck a photo in my album, but the picture doesn't do the Luna Notte fabrics justice so I'll wait for a sunny day to take a pic outside for show and tell.

Have a great one all!

janluna
February 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Ok will do, thanks Jan. Three surgeries wow, have they been able to help you? It's just frustrating not being able to do what I would like to do. They don't know what caused back issue and it flares when it wishes with no warning.... I'll make sure to listen and keep track of time so I don't aggravate it....... I think I need one of those gorgeous personal trainers, that may help my motivation for the exercises lol
Yes I am still walking and no I'm still in pain and need meds to keep it under control. I was told when I had the double fusion, "you may come out with wheels for legs". I didn't so I am grateful.

middlesis1966
February 24th, 2011, 08:24 PM
:icon_wave: :icon_wave: WELCOME BACK GINA!!!!!!!!!! :icon_wave: :icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
February 24th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I think I need one of those gorgeous personal trainers, that may help my motivation for the exercises lol

I'll vote for that. Maybe all we quilters need to petition for personal trainers - those good looking ones who will watch the clock for us, give us a massage when needed, pick up our dropped pins from the floor, roll us over when we need browning on the other side - I sure like the way you think!!

Blondie
February 24th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Good evening ladies!
so good to see GINA! Girlfriend! How we have MISSED y ou! Big big hugs to you. Sure wished you lived closer - I would mommy hen you in a good way.

Atlantis, listen to ou r Jan. Now she is one who will mommy hen you in a good way!!!!

Jan, thanks for the update on Laura. I was afraid that she was up and down. Had no clue about Rodney. Geesh, this has been a rough winter for everyone on many fronts. Please let her know that I do think of her daily. She is such a trooper and so delightful.
Paula, how have you been feeling since the chemo? Are you taking in doses like 3 within a 2 week and then off for a few? I am trying to remember how my Mom did hers. Of course, your treatment is personalized for you. How silly of me!

And DEB
YIKES!! WHAT A BILL!

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/denistephenson/ANIMALS/bdaef8bf4c780d3525a7d82551a797e4-Copy.gif

When I had my gallbladder removed last March I was in less than 24 hours - and my bill including the surgery and post op dr visit was just under 30 grand. No insurance. Thank goodness they take poor payments.

My day with the oldsters today was so sweet. Not all days with them are as sweet, but depending on the personalities arriving, it can be torment or heaven. Today was heaven. I received a huge box of chocolates, 2 apples, a milky way, a chocolate doughnut and a cup of coffee from McDonalds from the group that arrived by van. Do these folks know me or what? After I awoke from the sugar coma we giggled like school girls. Let me tell you, I play some rock and roll on the radio, shimmy and wiggle my waggle and they just think I am sooooo cute and young. Then Russell comes in to visit. Talk about all a twitter. Russell is my special beau. He is 91 years young and a mall walker but best of all he is a widower. I never saw so many pink cheeked ladies in my life. Russell left quickly.

Have a good evening ladies.

debinmalaga
February 24th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Blondie, what a giggle with Russell the 91 year old beau. I could picture the pink cheeks :-) on the ladies.

sewhot
February 25th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I just want to say hi as well, and tell you all that I LOVE that you are all such great friends! What a great thing, to care and worry about each other. Who knew the internet was full of such wonderful people!?

I just love you all! Hope you have a great week and weekend!!!

janluna
February 25th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Good night sweet ladies, I love you all. Thanks for your confidence Blondie, I am a bit of a mother hen. Everyone needs one! lol Love you guys, sweet dreams, Jan L