PDA

View Full Version : Saturday - not really MIA

Blondie
June 15th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Hello Folksies!

Really not missing in action; we lost power Thursday evening and it has just now been turned back on. Can you tell I couldn't wait to jump right in, wave my arms and say howdy do. How do you spell relief? I spell it P-O-W-E-R as in electricity. I can't wait to jump in a shower that isn't ice cold. Lots of damage from the straight line winds that many others I am sure have experienced this week. Since we have been without power, I don't really know what's going on in the rest of the country. Although I will certainly have my share of the news by this evening.

Just wanted to pop in; I am going to be spending the afternoon cleaning out the frig and going to the store to try to restock what we lost. I was right in the middle of cooking dinner when that storm came through; what a waste of my time and energy. Nothing to do with half cooked food but to pitch it. Sighs.

Big hugs and many blessings to each of my quilty sisters (and brothers). Enjoy the weekend. I will try to get back on either tonite or in the morning. Hoping no one else had the damage that our area had.

Blondie

Jean Sewing Machine
June 15th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Glad you are back on! We missed you!

Granny Judy
June 15th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Definitely missed you!! Glad to have you back with us. Stormy Weather can really interrupt our lives,,, just glad no one was injured or lost. Huggers to ya..

ilive2craft2
June 15th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Glad your power was restored and that you are safe and sound! Being without power for any length of time reminds us how dependent we are on it. You don't realize how many every day things require power until it is not there.

K. McEuen
June 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Ugh, we used to get straight line winds from between two mountain ranges when we lived on base out here. Those can be super destructive. If we were without power for a couple days here I'm afraid I'd have to lock hubby in the garage or shoot him because he'd be driving me nuts without his TV. I sure don't envy you having to restock the fridge, but that is one way to clean it out.

auntiemern
June 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Glad your back. Just happy that that is the worst that happened to you. You just don't realize how much we depend on it, til we lose it. I am certainly smiling today. Working on DH bass quilt. So far so good. None of that, 'well that doesn't look right' stuff. Peace and hug. Prayers for all in need. Special prayers for those affected by the fires in CO.

Iris Girl
June 15th, 2013, 02:40 PM
glad your power is back and you are all safe. We missed you

Bubby
June 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I'm glad you and yours are safe and sound. The aftermath is such a nisance.

MRoy
June 15th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I'm glad you are safe and sound. It's times like this when "cooking with gas" would be a great thing.

sewmuchjan
June 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Glad you are OK and all is well!

Hugs and Blessings for you all,
Jan G.

dwil23
June 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM
We lost power for for a half hour yesterday - just as I was adding the last two rows to my tumbler flag quilt. It's amazing how much we rely on it and take it for granted, isn't it? It would really be bad to be without it as long as you were. Thank goodness you are all okay!

lilmouse
June 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Glad to know you are fine; I was worried that something was wrong with your Mom or Sis...that sort of thing...glad to hear only a power outage although expensive when the fridge can't stay cold enough to keep the food safe.

Ginny B
June 15th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Blondie, glad all is well and your power is back. Straight line winds sure are dangerous. We did ok with the storm when it came by here.

Ginny B.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 15th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Glad you are safe! Food can be replaced our friends can not. Thank you Lord our friend Blondie is safe.
:icon_bigsmile:

RFREE
June 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM
I know the feeling all to well. We were without electricity for 15 days back in 2009 because of the ice storm. You really don't think about it till you don't have it for sure. It was real eary too because when you went outside all you could hear was generators running. We live out in the country and we all have wells and it was really strange to see no lights anywhere for the first few days because everyone had to go buy generators once the roads were cleared. I don't want to experience that again I tell ya.

SallyO'Sews
June 16th, 2013, 12:21 AM
DS#9 graduated from high school today, so tomorrow before and after church we will finish mopping up the basement. Have had about 12 inches of rain since the beginning of June, and the ground is too saturated to absorb any more. But at least our power stayed on! :D

Andrea F
June 16th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Glad your power is back and everyone is okay.

rebeccas-sewing
June 16th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Yep, Blondie, we take electricity for granted until we're without it. Glad I wasn't living during the time before it was invented. There certainly is a lot of drama going on in the weather department! It's amazing how much we are affected by what it's doing outside. Joe and I are seriously considering buying property where there aren't so many people. I'll tell ya what - the weather will certainly play a major role in where we decide to buy. I told Joe the fires in Colorado have reminded me that living in the countryside in places prone to fire is not where I'd want to hang my hat! Both of us hate hot weather and humidity so that knocks out a lot of states. The weather in London suits us just fine. Since living here I actually saw my first downpour yesterday. Can you believe it? Yes, there's moisture here but it's sporadic and usually light showers. It's overcast a lot of the time but somehow it's very appealing. The sun is never taken for granted. When it shines it is fully appreciated. The temperatures, during any season, don't fluctuate that much so there's next to no drama in the heavens. We believe the northern pacific is fairly similar and that's where we'll start looking.

mamaquilt
June 16th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Missed your post. Will mail you. Glad you're ok.