PDA

View Full Version : Goodmorning on this sunny Saterday!

Klasien
June 15th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Goodmorning all my quilting friends,

I was up very early this morning to take my parents to the station, they left for a well earned vacation.
My DH had to work today and that leaves me without a car......we are waiting for a new car for him and till that one comes in he is using my car :(
So what to do on a day like this: Sew!
I hope my knees will work with me today, my plan is to make pillowcases for PICU!
Just went through my stash and found some really nice kids fabrics so I am looking forward to a day with my sewingmachine, Bruce on the speakers and the dogs laying beside me sleeping......
Before all that I need to get in to town to get my contacts checked.....yep really Dutch on my bike......."

The sun is out today, so it seems we are getting some summer after all....we had the worse spring ever, rain rain rain, and sooooo cold, so today it looks like we are getting a real nice day.

Hope you all are fine and enjoy the weekend, and like Blondie always tells us: Don't forget to SMILE!

rebeccas-sewing
June 15th, 2013, 04:58 AM
It's good to hear you sounding more cheerful, Klasien. Have you gotten in with the doctor to work out some pain management? What does he/she recommend you do to improve the symptoms other than medication? Is exercise a good thing in your case? Certainly a change in the weather that includes warmer temps and sun can help to change one's mood for the better. We're having some sun right now but who knows what it will be in an hour or so. I'm off to check out "the trooping of the colors" which is an event to honor the Queen's official birthday. I always carry a backpack with gloves and umbrella since I never know what to expect with the weather here. Off to join the throng of people I'm sure will be waiting at horse guards parade for the big event. If I get any good pics I'll post them. Enjoy your Saturday communing with your machine.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 15th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Good morning, Europeans! I need to make three costume dresses before 7 a.m. For men to wear so they look like little girls. This is for a 48 hour film festival, you write, film and edit a 7 minute film in 48 hours and submit it within the time limit for a competition. You are given a random genre at 7 Friday night. Then you have til Sunday to submit your film. We drew operetta as our genre, so the whole thing has to be sung! Isn't this one going to be crazy? Wish us luck!

Klasien
June 15th, 2013, 07:09 AM
It's good to hear you sounding more cheerful, Klasien. Have you gotten in with the doctor to work out some pain management? What does he/she recommend you do to improve the symptoms other than medication? Is exercise a good thing in your case? Certainly a change in the weather that includes warmer temps and sun can help to change one's mood for the better. We're having some sun right now but who knows what it will be in an hour or so. I'm off to check out "the trooping of the colors" which is an event to honor the Queen's official birthday. I always carry a backpack with gloves and umbrella since I never know what to expect with the weather here. Off to join the throng of people I'm sure will be waiting at horse guards parade for the big event. If I get any good pics I'll post them. Enjoy your Saturday communing with your machine.

I know what you're talking about.....I just got home from downtown on my bike.........soaking wet.........it is so dark out we have turned on all the lights in our livingroom :(

Jean good luck on your projects, sounds like fun but lots of work :) I hope you can share some pictures.

Mpyles
June 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Goodmorning!! Earlybird gets the worm, right!! I am up, as usual for that Saturday morning breakfast crowd! Yeah!!( sarcasm)

The good news....7 days till vacation 10 til our florida trip!! Lots to do in a week at work...cause as many of you know..you have to do more the week before and after a vacation to get the vacation...crazy!!

Last night DS and I went to the store, took some redbox movies back and we stopped at Hardee's for him to get something to eat. I used my debit card at the store, then went to Hardee's and used it there and they said it wasn't working...got home and checked...for some reason it shows the debit at Hardee's and then a credit back. It also shows the grocery store the same way...so don't know what's going on there. Plenty of money and no unusal debits that would indicate that they thought fraud was occurring...so don't know...gonna call this morning and ask about it if someone is there to help me. If not will have to wait for Monday. I swear I am about done with debit cards...think I am gonna just start withdrawing money and use cash...seems I don't have a lot of luck with them.

Yesterday when I got home dish network had come and gone...DS was here and when the tech arrived he did his little thing and then my son questioned him about what it had been doing and he had never heard of it...then low and behold it did it while he was here...thank goodness. So he installed a new hopper....hopefully we are back on track. Everything seemed fine last night. To my great pleasure when i got home my DS had completely cleaned my kitchen, living room, and bathroom! Floors and all!! So so so nice to come home to!! It was beautiful!! And when I pulled in the driveway he was outside mowing as well!! His girlfriend should go to Spain more often!! Such a sweet boy!!

I worked on a jo Morton quilt last night...such tiny blocks...hope to have the top complete tonight so I can quilt it Sunday.

Everyone have a great day!!

Bubby
June 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Klasien and Everyone!

I slept in a little this morning. I got everything done I wanted to do yesterday...washed the windows and screens, cleaned the ceiling fans, washed curtains and mowed our lawn (5 acres) and after dinner went to our old house and mowed. I was one tired puppy last night. I think I got into some poison ivy....my arm is broken out from the wrist to the elbow....gads!!! That's three weeks of misery.

We are going to Cuba this morning to work for a few hours at the apartments. Tomorrow I'm locking myself in the sewing room and won't come out until I want to. I think I will try making one of those cute charm pack scarves.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Klasien I hope your day at the sewing machine is fun for you. I love making pillow cases!

Hugs All Around, Barb

MayinJerset
June 15th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Sunny today here also and the rain of the past 2 days is gone. Have a Pillowcase Sew In at my quild today. Not bringing my lunch as I plan to leave at noon time as DS#1 and wife are coming over this afternoon for their Father's Day visit. As usual DS called at the last minute. To complicate it more DH answered the call and never asked son when in the afternoon were they coming. I just love it when DH does that because I don't know if will they come for or after lunch or arround dinner time? My DIL's leave making arrangements with us to their DH's, our sons, and this what happens. AH, forgetaboutit, don't want to start the day off on a rant so I'll move on. Don't have enough food to expand today's lunch or dinner so I'll make a pot of tea, slice some pound cake and serve it with strawberries and Cool Whip and that's it.

Jean, Our theatre project sounds like a lot of fun. Gotta go and get my machine in my car, get to cup of coffee to go and spend the morning sewing with the Pillowcase Crew. Have a good one gals, May

MRoy
June 15th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Good morning! I think I'm going to go for a walk after I vacuum this morning. Maybe some fresh air and exercise will help this little headache that I woke up with. With house and yard work done, I may go to my favorite discount store today. They're rearranging the fabric department and have taken fabric off the bolts and put it on the $3.00/yard table. I really need to take advantage of this, don't y'all agree?

Evilynn
June 15th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Hey Klasien!

You sound a bit better, hope you also feel very much better! The explanation that I promised you in PM is of course still valid, if you want! =)

Hope to hear from you soon and I hope you have a great weekend and a blast with your sewing machine!

Hugs,

STeffie

ilive2craft2
June 15th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good Morning everyone! Started my Saturday off earlier than usual. My aunt called and needed a ride home from the ER. She is ok - recovering from pneumonia and had coughing fits during the night, but everything checked out ok. We stopped and got her prescriptions filled and then got breakfast at Hardee's.....mmmm bacon egg & cheese biscuit. :)

Laid out my mug rug for the swap last night - just need to tweak the layout. :) Hoping to get the yard mowed this morning. We have a graduation party to attend this afternoon. Hope the weather stays nice - there is rain all around us on the radar, but appears to be breaking up as it gets here.

Klasien, glad to hear you are feeling better. Have fun in the sewing room!

Jean, that project sounds kind of fun, but a lot of pressure in a little time! Does the writer/director have an idea of a plot and costumes before the start, so that you have some idea before hand of what you will be doing or does it all depend on the random genre?

Hugs and prayers for those who need them, whether or not they have asked for them. Lisa

Klasien
June 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I made pillowcases......and I love making them.
But.......some fabric I've used is directional, and I thought I did the right thing.....but turned out sideways......do you guys think the kids mind??? Because of the tube and all the rolling I just put the fabric as it came of the bold on the smaller part, I still like them and my DD said: let it go, it looks great and kids will love it no matter what..........what do you say ladies??
I will post pictures later today!!!

RFREE
June 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I am so glad you are feeling better. I am sure your pillowcases are just fine. The kids will love them. I am headed to a Pig roast this afternoon and hopefully I will have time to go fishing afterwards. Me and my DD have been fishing just about everyday for the last 2 weeks.Just love it sitting and resting. So peaceful. All my quilting buddies have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and prayers for all who need them. A big welcome to all our new members. You will love it here.Everyone is so nice and very helpful with ANYTHING you can imagine.
Hugs from KY.
Rhonda

Granny Judy
June 15th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better, Klasien. And I'm sure the pillowcases will be LOVED... sending some of our sunshine and warm temps your way.

Waiting for DD to get ready for the weekly grocery run. We are low on meat, but everything else is still pretty full. We've got a good supply closet. Used up most of the stock in the freezer, so it is off to the butcher/meat market today.

Sandwiching the Tumbler Flag Quilt today and doing some Quilting this week end so it will be ready for the July celebrations. Really bright and beautiful and I love it. These swaps are so much fun... I'm looking at some more to join..

Bought a rubber stamp on ebay and can't wait to ink it up for some Card making!! It's a sewing theme!! I just gotta get some ink on my fingers every so often. goes quite well with the thread on my clothes.. LOL

Wishing lots of sunshine and happiness for all.