PDA

View Full Version : back from Spain and having a lot of fun tonight.

mamaquilt
June 14th, 2013, 06:36 PM
tonight I take some time to check a little bit all the mails and chitchat going on .

We're back from Spain, where we had very nice weather. Today one of my cousins came by with three bags full of different fabrics from a decoration store, where she knows the owner. Now they keep all their cutoff pieces of fabric for me. It took me four and a half hours to go through the lot. I had so much fun that even DH helped me get the prices etc. off from the samples. That's what I call a "retiring" evening. We had lots of fun and a good bottle of wine too.494164941749418
Now I wish you all a peaceful night and a very nice quilting weekend

Jean Sewing Machine
June 14th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Wow, what a haul!

K. McEuen
June 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Looks like a nice bunch of fabrics. I see some tote making in your future.

turena65
June 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM

Wonderful! Cant wait to see what you make out of them:)

Bubby
June 14th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Welcome home and have fun with your new treasures! Good to hear from you!

Sharyn J
June 14th, 2013, 09:26 PM
How nice and I can see you getting busy with your new fabrics. Glad you had a nice time.

Sandy Navas
June 14th, 2013, 09:35 PM
It would have taken me longer than that - and there would have to be a couple bottles of wine out there. Great going, Michelle. Don't you just love Spain? Where did you go? Love Granada the MOST.

ilive2craft2
June 15th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Glad you had a good trip! The fabric looks like lots of fun - can't wait to see what you make from it.

lilmouse
June 15th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Glad to see you back and happy you enjoyed your vacation and what a nice welcome home gift!

Evilynn
June 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Wow, what a haul! I hope you had a great time in Spain and hopefully you did bring the nice weather with you to Luxembourgh!

MayinJerset
June 15th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Wow, A vacation in Spain and given a huge amount of fabrics, makes for a happy Michele,

mamaquilt
June 16th, 2013, 05:37 AM

You're right, nothing better for totes than a nice sturdy decoration fabric. I think this Christmas will be sort of "baggy".

mamaquilt
June 16th, 2013, 05:41 AM
It would have taken me longer than that - and there would have to be a couple bottles of wine out there. Great going, Michelle. Don't you just love Spain? Where did you go? Love Granada the MOST.

My favorite Spanish cities are Sevilla and Cadiz. Both in Andalusia. This time we stayed on the isle of Mallorca. The North of the Isle is fantastic, whereas I don't like the south too much. Valdemossa and Soller are my favorite cities. They are small and lots of orchards with olives and citrus, oranges and lemons.
I was able to update my Spanish at the same time too. They even understood what I was saying hahahaha.

SallyO'Sews
June 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM
So happy for you, Michele! Looking forward to seeing what you create! Glad you had a nice trip and are home safely.

Sew Perfect
June 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM
WOW!!! You must be having sew much fun with all of your new fabric! Haha...When I saw you were back from holiday in Spain, I though you would have pictures of your trip...but no, you take pictures of your new fabric! Haha...TOP Priority #1! Love it!