PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Friday

Mpyles
June 14th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone! Blondie must be up and at them already this morning!!

I work today, so I am up stirring around..reading the forum with my coffee in hand.

Yesterday I was off and sat around here all day waiting on the dish network guy to show up. It was such a mistake to change anything on our service as in the last week I think we have actually had service for about 14 hours and 8 of them we were sleeping. They were out on Tuesday and fixed it...by Wednesday morning it was out again. So I tried getting online again with them and told them I wasn't going to "troubleshoot" it for them as it was the same problems as we had had on Sunday and the troubleshooting took well over an hour and a half and they had to send someone out. Well this operator was a complete a$@ and he started asking me if I had something on the box that they offer so you can watch dish anywhere and I said I had no idea, anyway after much information I told him I wanted to schedule a return visit...well they couldn't do that until we did some troubleshooting..finally I said fine what do I need to do? He said...I need you to purchase a sling adapter for 49.00 so I can see if your receiver is connected to the Internet. I was floored...this guy was gonna sell me something I did not need. I told him I did not need that to get my receiver fixed and I was not going to purchase it and what time was he going to set up my appointment. He then transferred me to a supervisor who proceeded to roll me around a bit until he said he would give me a local number to call. So yesterday morning my husband called...cause I had had enough and the guy at the local number was astonished that they had given his number and informed my hubby it would be 69.00 if he came out. DH called me and told me this and I told him no way...we have the protection plan so we never have to pay for service or replacement. The guy gave the DH an 800 number and he called it and ended up speaking with a. Supervisor....they would have someone there 12-5 yesterday...SO the trip into town to the store for me got canceled and I waited around all day....no show. DH comes home at 5 says he is giving them until 5:30 to show up. At 6 pm he calls and guess what...no one scheduled the appointment. ( I should interject that on Tuesday they were suppose to be here from 8-12 and dd stayed home for me on her only day off and they showed up at 1:45) needless to say they got a piece of DH's mind and then some and he was insistent they send someone out...there was no way...blah blah blah...so today DS on his day off is gonna sit here for an appointment of 12-5. They had record of all our conversations...they just have no idea why it didn't get scheduled...blah blah ...frustrating!!! DH did manage to get a permanent 10.00 a month deduction on the bill...and I will believe that when I see it....so the moral of the story is....if you have lots of spare time and don't really want to watch tv...then get dish network!!

Here's to everyone having a great Friday!! (8 days til vacation!)

MayinJerset
June 14th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mary, Hooe the dish guy comes when scheduled. I hate to make those service calls as they ask so many questions and we get nowhere fast. They usually have a thick accent and I don't understand what they are saying so I have to ask them to keep repeating themselves. Same hold true for almost any service call I have to make. We are lucky that here is a cable office nearby so DH stops there if we have a problem and they schedule an appointment quickly.

Got a few estimates for replacing our 20 yr old AC system and have made up our minds to stay with present company that installed our furnance and ac 20 years ago. Furnace was replaced about 4 yrs ago and the ac finally gave it up. Their price was lower that others and included 10 years parts and labor and their service is quick. Just hope the new system can be installed before we get a another heat spell.

Was up early today wanted to make sure I was dressed and ready to go before checking my computer for messages, etc. Have an orthro doc appointment at 9:30 and didn't want to forget about the time while hanging around here.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone! Mary, we had dish network when we lived in rural Crawford County, and their service was fabulous and they came for free. Guess things have changed in the past 7 years. May, we had to do an AC unit for my daughter's house a couple of weeks ago. The first company to come out was astronomical in price and wanted to add a bunch of epensive stuff. Called a second company, and saved $1000 and they replaced a bunch of piping free, plus our old installer from the 90's was working for them, and he installed it! Happy cool air to you!

I'm switching my focus from quilts to costumes, have several that need to be built by next Wednesday for a photo shoot for publicity shots. I cashed in on Joanns sale to get some of the fabrics. Will start today building clothing for the character who is 10 in the show, but the actress is 24. What to do with boobs, that will be my dilemma. I do have a plan. Another actress presents us with a second dilemma, she is two months pregnant, and will be 4 months along when the show starts. Yikes. What else?

Gotta go now! Have a great day!

Mom23
June 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Good Morning All,

I feel your pain Mary. Customer is just not what it used to be. We have dealt with a local swimming pool dealership since March. I got so tired of them I stuck my husband on them and he didn't get anywhere. We are now getting a new pool liner from a different company in town, but not until July 18. Opened the pool yesterday with a hole in the liner. Will just keep adding water until mid July. I would tell you to switch your tv plan but I don't think any other company would be any better.

I'm headed to a workout class with my daughter this morning. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend.

Over40momma
June 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mary, I feel your pain. It is not that different here in Canada except that a lot of the companies have monopolies so their is little competition. All I can suggest is DO NOT be nice.....we were getting the run around for months before I decided to bring out my inner (b)itch and let her have at them. You would not believe how fast they can move their butts for a menopausal maniac. :icon_evil: My attitude is that this is MY money and if YOU want it, you will bloody well work for it. Just so sad that there are so many lazy people and crappy companies we fund every day. :icon_sniff:
Today I am waiting for my friend Chrissy to come over with her beagle. I am dog-sitting for her until the beginning of July. He is such a sweet little gentleman and my girls are excited to have him stay with us. We have been dog-less since our Shepherd had to be put down (poor fella was almost paralyzed with spinal arthritis) and DH cannot bear to go through that decision again. It was so hard on both of us. But I have always had dogs and my home feels so empty without one.
Now I am going to check the rest of the boards, drink my coffee and wait for my friend. Have a great day everyone!!

Claire Hallman
June 14th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Opened the pool yesterday with a hole in the liner. Will just keep adding water until mid July. I would tell you to switch your tv plan but I don't think any other company would be any better.

We had a vinyl liner pool a number of years ago and we [read DH] patched it many, many times before we got a new liner. It seems that the orig installer had used sand with pebbles for the base and the pebbles wore holes over time. We managed several years with the bottom looking like it had measles.:D

Sandy Navas
June 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Will start today building clothing for the character who is 10 in the show, but the actress is 24. What to do with boobs, that will be my dilemma. I do have a plan. Another actress presents us with a second dilemma, she is two months pregnant, and will be 4 months along when the show starts. Yikes. What else?

Gotta go now! Have a great day!

Jean, I am laughing about the boobs. Have to relate a grandkid story. Our six year old has been emulating the drawing style of the eleven year old. Being eleven and wanting to be a fashion-designer, she does add little boobie bumps on her drawings. Fast forward, 6YO is drawing and made a HUGE head and a tiny body and told Zoe (4YO) that it was a picture of her. Zoe was furious. "She made me have a BIG head. I don't have a BIG head. I don't want a BIG head." She brings the picture to me and slams it down. And I had to laugh, laugh, laugh. Instead of the little boobie bumps, Rita had draw lopsided boobies but instead of being in front they were off to the side, under the arms! Luckily Zoe didn't pick up on that. I was going to scan the picture but someone has taken it and I can no longer find it. Guess it may have been one of those "You had to be there . . ." incidents.

Bubby
June 14th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Hi Everyone and happy Friday! I've been washing windows and screens since the sun came up. I have to mow our yard next and then go grocery shopping. Who says Friday is a slow day!!

Wishing everyone a good weekend. We will be working in Cuba again tomorrow.

Hugs, Barb

ilive2craft2
June 14th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Good Morning everyone! I took today and all of next week off from work. I am sitting here in a perfectly quiet house - no sports or history channel on the tv....no one asking me for anything...the dog is asleep at my feet....ahhh a little bit of heaven on earth.

I will be going in to work for a bit to make sure my assistant knows which projects have to get done by the time I come back. We have a ton of them and sometimes she picks ones that don't have to be done right away, since they seem "easier" to her, but if I leave a list, she is pretty good at following it. Tried to get to the list making yesterday, but it sure didn't happen.

I have been practicing drawing out quilting patterns on a white board - I read somewhere (probably here or a link from here) that drawing out the patterns develops muscle memory, so that once you go to the long arm, it flows easier. I need all of the help I can get on this one. I have to say, my stipple/meander looks much better and way more consistent on the white board than it did when I first started and there are hardly any stops and starts. Hope it looks halfway as good in actual stitches!

Was so glad to see the post from Lisapc - I sure have missed her posts and glad that she is starting to feel better. Lisa

WendyI
June 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Morning all!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I didn't think this week would EVER end! I'm excited to play in my new trailer this weekend! Brought her home last night and she looks SWEET in the driveway!

No sewing for me at the moment, although DH wants me to make new curtains for the trailer soon...so I'll be pickin at y'all for help on that! LOL!

Have an awesome day everyone!!! xox

toggpine
June 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Good Morning!
It's a work day here too. Not complaining, much. Today is the last "real" day of school as Monday is field day and Tuesday is a half day. Summer is almost here!

You all make it a great day and I'll catch up with you later!
Hugs, Cathy

shermur
June 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mornin', darlin's! Boy, is today busy! Working half a day, then going to youngest child band camp performance. Then, cleaning house, getiing dishwasher fixed (it was smoking the other night). Then, possibly getting adoption papers on the rescue pup that's been on home trial for the past month. Then, there is comp softball practice tonight! Yikes! Cross your fingers this all gets done by tonight?

Granny Judy
June 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
A quick run thru to see how everyone is doin' this fine sunny day. I am enjoying the cooler temp and getting a bit of time in the sewing room. Wishing for a vaca just to have the scenery change. Talked with my Tx cousin and she had a big family get together. with all of her 5 kids and His 4 kids plus his living siblings.. Those two really started something back in the 70's and now populate their own little town!! LOL.

It's fun catching up on the gossip with family and it's something we don't do often enough.. so I reached out and touched a couple more cousins, just to let them know I'm still alive and think of them often. Now about that 1/2 brother of mine...he's missing a gun show and I'm missing a shopping trip with him in tow.......

Ya all have a great week end and don't get into too much trouble as you travel about.. Call up or drop in on someone you haven't seen or talked to in ages!! OK?? Guaranteed to put a smile on everyone's face!!

aliaslaceygreen
June 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I know, AWOL, AGAIN.... This time I had a good excuse, I swear!!
That little bit of weather that was charging around the country yesterday? Well, it slammed us. We lost power at the first gust of wind, long before the rain, and got it back just about 2 hours ago...

Now, mind you, I was waist deep in the vanity in the bathroom, painting the inside when the lights went out. So, I had to back out in the pitch dark (no window in that room) and wrap/close all the paint and brushes and such. After the storm was over I took a shower by candlelight and therefore missed a LOT of the paint that was on me!

The casualties in our yard were a pot of geraniums, and I would say a good hunk of the top of the tree in the front yard. Threw out a robins nest (which appeared empty)...

50% of the city was without power until just this past hour or so... So, I have decided to give up trying to Catch up and just popped in to say hello!!!!

janluna
June 14th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Saying Prayers for everyone that have been victims of foul weather. We got lucky and we were passed over. Thank Goodness!
I hurt my shoulder a while back and the pain is worse now than when I got hurt. Off to the Doc I go this coming week.
Hope everyone is ok from yesterdays storms. Has anyone heard from Ruby or Blondie? They were in the line of storms. I hope they are ok. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.