PDA

View Full Version : Is this a sign to stop sewing so much??

Shelovesfabric
June 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM
My sewing area is a tiny, teeny corner in our laundry room. Today, I go to sit down in my chair and jump up hollering. I thought I sat on a pin or something. Turns out there was a ground beetle on my chair and he pinched my booty!!!!!!! I have a huge welt from it. Lol, well that put me right off my sewing for a while. I still have the creepy crawlies whenever I think about it! I have no idea how he got in or what on earth he was doing on my chair, but holy moly.....OUCH!!!

Eliza
June 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Ouch!!!!! Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing . . . . .

ilive2craft2
June 13th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I think it is a sign that you haven't been sewing enough!! Why did he think your chair was a great place to be...it was empty for too long.....LOL

cyndiofthevortex
June 13th, 2013, 08:44 PM
That's a great story! What a sight that must have been. But you're looking at it from a very selfish perspective. Think about how it must have been for that sweet, innocent little beetle having a much needed nap when suddenly...yikes! I'm sure he claims it was all done in self defense.

auntiemern
June 13th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Sorry for laughing, but couldn't help myself. I would not go anywhere near there again til I knew DH and totally de-bugged everything to my satisfaction.

Lissau
June 13th, 2013, 08:54 PM
l'm really sorry you got a sore booty !!! but l'm laughing as well sorry hahaha

Jean Sewing Machine
June 13th, 2013, 09:39 PM
What a wild and crazy story! Sorry about your bug bite, and in such an inconvenient spot! Hope it doesn't require medical attention, that would be a hard one to explain! Especially for the doctor to keep a straight face!

Shelovesfabric
June 14th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Oh my gosh, Jean! I would FAINT if I had to show my doctor. He is not much older than me and a friend of the husband's family. Eep! So far, nothing that looks worrisome, though so thank goodness!!!

Evilynn
June 14th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Sorry but really had to laugh. I am with Marilyn - I would ask hubby to debug the place.

Musical_Starling
June 14th, 2013, 06:29 AM
That's a great story! What a sight that must have been. But you're looking at it from a very selfish perspective. Think about how it must have been for that sweet, innocent little beetle having a much needed nap when suddenly...yikes! I'm sure he claims it was all done in self defense.

:icon_giggle::icon_woot::lol::icon_rofl: I don't know if it's the lack of sleep, but I'm laughing so hard I'm crying over here! lol I'm a little glad we don't have ground beetles though (or at least I don't think we do?)

Iris Girl
June 14th, 2013, 06:35 AM
ewwww I hate bugs and creepy crawlies , spiders making top of the list. I have to agree with Marilyn Hubby would have to throughly clean before I went in there again.

dwil23
June 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I think it is a sign that you haven't been sewing enough!! Why did he think your chair was a great place to be...it was empty for too long.....LOL

That would be my story.....:icon_bigsmile:

Over40momma
June 14th, 2013, 10:16 AM
OMG, like others, I could not help laughing. But I am not fond of buggies in my house either......I am ruthless in my elimination of trespassers.
For those who have trouble with spiders put a whole leaf of Bay Leaves at the corners of your windows (especially if you have basement windows); for most creepers including ants, sprinkle lines of plain black pepper at entrance areas of rooms or to your house. For some reason, most bugs will not cross the pepper. If using it outside (I run it around the entire perimeter of my home), remember to re-do it after rain as it loses its effectiveness.

WendyI
June 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
OMG I'd have had a stroke right then and there!! bugs freak me out! Especially THOSE ones! Yikes!!

SallyO'Sews
June 14th, 2013, 02:27 PM
No, I don't think this is a sign to do less sewing.

I think it's a sign that your sewing things need their own room. :lol: