PDA

View Full Version : Easiest "Thankful Thursday" post so far...

SallyO'Sews
June 13th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Today, I am thankful to be alive and well, and that DS#8 is alive at all, let alone not injured...

Yesterday evening, the two of us were driving along and someone barreled right through a stop sign and slammed into the rear passenger door, spinning us around 180* until we came to rest right on the front bumper of a car going the opposite direction. If the point of impact had been 8 inches closer to the front of the car, DS would have been in some very serious trouble, if he had survived at all.

Praise God, no one was injured, although I did take today off of work and DS and I have both been taking ibuprofen prophyllactically (sp?) in order to stay ahead of any back/neck pain (SIL is an insurance adjuster, so I'm aware that the pain may wait a few days before showing up). The cars are not in such good shape (I'm thinking both are totaled), but we will not be needing them in Heaven, and I have learned that if you can't take it with you, you'd best be able to let it go.

Also, it has been raining cats & dogs here for days, EXCEPT yesterday when it was sunny and delightful out, so standing around waiting for the police, DH, and the tow truck wasn't so bad. DD#6 came by, picked up DS, and they were able to go meet some old friends for dinner as planned. I was able to sleep late this a.m. and have just been puttering around all day. Think I'll spend the evening on some projects...

Blessings and hugs to all my quilty friends!
~ Sally \0/

ilive2craft2
June 13th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Oh Sally, how scary! I am very thankful that neither one of you were hurt (or worse)!

I am thankful that I am taking some vacation time from work. Hope to do lots of sewing. Thankful that I have a job to take time off from, but boy am I needing a break right now....

pcbatiks
June 13th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Sally...........glad to hear you and your son are okay! That must have been very frightening! Hope neither one of you will have too much soreness to deal with.

Today I am thankful for special friends who will go above and beyond in doing special favors for me. It has been a great day!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 13th, 2013, 07:20 PM
So glad you are basically all right. What is it that people don't get about stop sign and stop lights? They think they can ignore them with no consequnce. No, people can be killed if you blow through a stop light or sign. I'm all for red light cameras, which a lot of people hate. People's lives can be saved if everyone follows the law. This accident is proof how dangerous the practice of ignoring stop signs can be! I'm so glad you are OK, the car can be fixed, but a person injured or worse is nother story altogether.

rebeccas-sewing
June 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM
So glad both of you escaped unscathed!

cyndiofthevortex
June 13th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Sally, thank God for protecting you and your son! That's something we can all be thankful for today.

I am thankful for a happy, happy day today. I have a vase full of gorgeous peonies sitting next to me, grandsons playing legos in the living room (it's such fun to listen to them) and good friends who care about me. I had a health scare the past few weeks that turned out to be nothing and I have a husband to love and who loves me. I feel very blessed today.

auntiemern
June 13th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Sally, so thankful that you and DS are OK. Also thankful for my DD, and DGK's, and DH. They all love me in spite of myself. Thankful also for finding some kind of fabric that DH could live with in his bass quilt. He is very matchy ,matchy with all of that. I hope he likes what I plan on doing or someone else will be getting a bass quilt ;)

MRoy
June 13th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Sally, so glad that you and your son weren't badly injured. God was watching over you.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 13th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Sally thank the good Lord everyone was o.k.
Today I am thankful for all of you on here.

HdWench
June 13th, 2013, 11:00 PM
God has other plans for you, thankfully! Glad just the cars are worse for the wear and not YOU both!!

:-Debbie

dwil23
June 13th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Very Thankful you are both okay. My oldest DD and youngest DS were in an accident in April that totaled her car. You realize how quickly your life can change - forever.

My Thankful Thursday - we have a new baby in the family. My cousins son and DIL welcomed their second daughter today. Abigail was born in Atlanta.

Ginny B
June 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Oh, boy. How frightening! So glad you and ds are ok. Very smart to be taking something to ward off the pain. My youngest son was in a car accident and said he was fine when the paramedics were there but within one day, his was in a lot of pain in his back and needed pt for a while afterwards.

Today I am thankful for my loving dh and all our children and grandchildren and all the rest of our family too. I am also thankful that we are looking ahead to a vacation trip up to Canada next week. Need a bit of time away. I am already checking out a few quilt shops to possibly investigate.

Ginny B

Mpyles
June 13th, 2013, 11:35 PM
So glad you are basically all right. What is it that people don't get about stop sign and stop lights? They think they can ignore them with no consequnce. No, people can be killed if you blow through a stop light or sign. I'm all for red light cameras, which a lot of people hate. People's lives can be saved if everyone follows the law. This accident is proof how dangerous the practice of ignoring stop signs can be! I'm so glad you are OK, the car can be fixed, but a person injured or worse is nother story altogether.

It's the age of distracted driving...everyone is in a hurry, they are talking on the phone, texting...

Sally so glad you and your son are okay. Take care!

sewbizzy
June 13th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Sally, I'm so glad no one was seriously injured...I hope no effects will be felt later also...
I cannot believe so many people do go right through stop signs...God was surely watching over you all...

RFREE
June 13th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Thank God you are both o.k. I am constantly telling my 14 year old to watch everything and everyone around you when you start driving. People are so reckless these days.You definitely had an angel watching over you both!

lilmouse
June 14th, 2013, 01:45 AM
I am thinking there are some angels in heaven with damaged wings...thankful you are both okay...sure to be sore but you are doing the right stuff!

SallyO'Sews
June 14th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Everyone. I agree... our Heavenly Father was watching out for both of us!
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

quilter.martha
June 14th, 2013, 06:39 PM
So thankful you and your son are OK! How easy it would be for you to rant and rave about the other driver being a jerk, but here you are giving thanks that you're not hurt! I love that attitude! God bless you!!!

Over40momma
June 14th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Sally, your Guardian Angel deserves a raise!!! So very thankful to hear you are all ok. :icon_hug:
There is no excuse for this "distracted driver" nonsense....take their licenses away and the rest of us might survive. I lost 2 sisters in an auto accident because of a distracted driver, he just ended up with some minor scratches. A car is no different than a loaded gun, when are the lawmakers going to stop treating it like a right and more like the privilege it really is?

aliaslaceygreen
June 14th, 2013, 08:49 PM
WOW!! Yes, that was an easy THANKS post... take care..

janluna
June 14th, 2013, 11:14 PM
God was with you! So glad you both were not injured. Prayers for you not to have any delayed reactions. Hugs, Jan L.

SallyO'Sews
June 16th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Sally, your Guardian Angel deserves a raise!!! So very thankful to hear you are all ok. :icon_hug:
There is no excuse for this "distracted driver" nonsense....take their licenses away and the rest of us might survive. I lost 2 sisters in an auto accident because of a distracted driver, he just ended up with some minor scratches. A car is no different than a loaded gun, when are the lawmakers going to stop treating it like a right and more like the privilege it really is?

Sandy, I am so sorry for your loss. The lady who hit me was so distraught, and she wasn't from around here, and she could have killed herself, too, not just me and my DS, that I had to feel a wee bit sorry for her. My DH, best friend, her DH, my DS#3, and DD#6 all showed up within 30 minutes to make sure we were okay, and the other driver looked so forlorn, standing on the corner all alone. So I finally walked over to ask how she was doing. She wiped away tears, and said she was sorry; I wanted to just give her a hug. I'm not making excuses for her, but I just could not bring myself to be angry with her for 2 reasons: 1, because there but for the grace of God go I; we all make mistakes, and sometimes life just happens. And 2, because I can't afford not to forgive everyone who has hurt or offended me. Of course that is much easier for me to say, since no one was seriously injured. I hope you and the rest of your family will find/have found a peace that transcends human understanding. Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Andrea F
June 16th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Iīm so glad that no one was severly injured. Sally, it is so nice and generous of you to think of the lady who caused the accident as well. She sure was in shock too since she didnīt do this on purpose.

Miss Sheri
June 17th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Sally, you truly were being protected. I am so thankful for my faith in a loving Heavenly Father who cares for his children and can turn all things to our good if we put our trust in Him. I think when the Savior taught us about forgiveness, it was for OUR healing and benefit, as bitterness and hate can eat away at us like an acid. When we can forgive others their mistakes, WE can be at peace. Good for you Sally! (((Hugs))) ~Sheri