PDA

View Full Version : Plans Never Last Do They??

Mary Ruth
June 13th, 2013, 05:42 PM
First of all - I received my Broken Dishes quilt from MS*QC. It is absolutely beautiful. The quilting is out of this world. I'll post pics when I get the chance. Here's the reason why pics have to wait.

All of our four children and five grandchildren have been visiting. Our daughter from AZ and our son from WI came to N Alabama. Two of our children and two of our grqandchildren live near us. We have had the most wonderful visit with lots of activity. Fishing, hiking, camping (in a "big tent"), catching fire flies and roly polies (Spelling???), learning to recognize different live coral (by Name), giving names to several marine fish that live in our aquariums, learning to play MineCraft (game), and exchanging family stories. Lots of belly laughs and awwwww aren't they cute comments - which are all true

The last activity was roller skating. The little ones did really good for their first try. The adult kids did really good for having not skated for several years. The two oldest grandchildren and pretty good and were able to help the little ones. The very end of the activity the oldest grandchild fell really hard. He is currently at the hospital being evaluated. He probably has a broken tail bone. Lots of pain for him and concern for him from everyone. We are all just waiting to hear the final diagnosis. Not a good way to end an otherwise perfect gathering.

We are all glad we were able to spend time together. It was wonderful!!!! We are a living family,

I should be back to quilting and yuckie housework in about a week. Notice I mentioned quilting first. Guess which I don't look forward to doing.

My best to everyone.

K. McEuen
June 13th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Oh, ouch, ouch, ouch! Tell him it gets better, eventually. I busted my tailbone in school, being fouled in basketball. I walked around like a little old lady for weeks and sat leaning forward for quite a while. I still can't sit still for a long time or my rear end starts hurting. There's not a whole lot they can do, since they can't put your butt in a cast.

Glad you all had a good time, other than that.

auntiemern
June 13th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Hoping it is nothing to serious, and praying for a quick recovery. So happy that you had wonderful family time.

SallyO'Sews
June 13th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Awww, poor lil guy! Hope he's all better soon. Can't wait to see your quilt!

pcbatiks
June 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Mary...........it sounds like you all had a great time together..........lots of good memories! Hope your grandson will be up and around very soon.

Doloris
June 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Oh, ouch, ouch, ouch! Tell him it gets better, eventually. I busted my tailbone in school, being fouled in basketball. I walked around like a little old lady for weeks and sat leaning forward for quite a while. I still can't sit still for a long time or my rear end starts hurting. There's not a whole lot they can do, since they can't put your butt in a cast.

Glad you all had a good time, other than that.

had to laugh at the image of Karen in a butt cast LOL. Hope it is just bruised and not broken. Last time I went skating, (about 30 yrs ago) I fell and broke my wrist. Kids had gotten skates for Christmas and we went skating New Years Eve Afternoon. Spent New Yrs Eve in ER

K. McEuen
June 13th, 2013, 06:40 PM
had to laugh at the image of Karen in a butt cast LOL. Hope it is just bruised and not broken. Last time I went skating, (about 30 yrs ago) I fell and broke my wrist. Kids had gotten skates for Christmas and we went skating New Years Eve Afternoon. Spent New Yrs Eve in ER

They might have been able to do it then, but not enough plaster in the world now ...

Last time I went skating I fell and got kicked in the head when some idiot tried to jump over me. Luckily I was fast thinking enough to grab his ankle so he fell flat on his face.

ilive2craft2
June 13th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Sounds like wonderful family time! So sorry about the grandson and his fall. Hope it is just bruised, but even that hurts and takes time to heal. Both my mom and my MIL have broken their tailbones in the past - nothing to do for it except pain meds, rest and a wedge pillow with a hole in it to sit on.....they work much better that the donuts...