PDA

View Full Version : COLORADO FIRES

Sandy Navas
June 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I know that we have a wonderful forum friend (Linda) who lives in the Colorado Springs area. I am hoping and praying she's safe from the fires that are rolling through the area. Be safe. There's already so much destruction and I wonder about communications in the area being wiped out.

BE SAFE!

rebeccas-sewing
June 13th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Oh no! My brother-in-law and his family live in Colorado Springs. I guess I'd better get in touch.

EsGrandma
June 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
The fires in Colorado are horrible (wild fires anywhere are horrible) - we live closer to Denver, but can smell the smoke - please continue to pray for all who are in harm's way and for the heroic firefighters.

K. McEuen
June 13th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Wasn't it just last summer that most of that area burned? I'm surprised there is much left as fuel.

Bubby
June 13th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Those fires look horrific! My prayers have gone out to Colorado residents all day.

auntiemern
June 13th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Prayers for all the folks affected by the fires. Glad to hear you are ok, Linda.

tesspug
June 13th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I just learned an old friend's house burned to the ground. Her house was shown on the news. She said she apologizes for all the dust on the floor, but the housekeeper couldn't come this week. Humor in the time of tragedy.

Cathy F
June 13th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I've been following this on the news, how horrible. Prayers for their safety.

Shelovesfabric
June 13th, 2013, 07:50 PM
So scary! My aunt and uncle run a campground and just recently had to evacuate everyone! Keeping all in my prayers!

auntiemern
June 14th, 2013, 01:18 AM
The weather all over the US has been scary recently. Things that make ya go hmmm? Prayers being said for all those in Colorado.

rebeccas-sewing
June 14th, 2013, 04:41 AM
I heard from my sis-in-law (live in Colorado Springs) and they are okay. I hope that continues to be the case. I just read an article from the New York Times (we subscribe on-line) and was shocked to read how much devastation there is and how many homes have been lost. It sounds as though the firefighters are not able to contain it at this point. My heart aches for all those who have suffered so much loss.

MayinJerset
June 14th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Better check with my nephew and family that live in Colorado Springs. He's miltary and I think they are preparing to move to Netherlands or may have left already. Better check anyway.

WendyI
June 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
so tragic. :(

Renate
June 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Water in Germany, Fire and Storms in the US ... it is horrible in this times.

Madeforyouinma11
June 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Sending prayers for all of them. Linda, stay safe!

janluna
June 14th, 2013, 11:19 PM
​Prayers being said for people in Colorado and for people on the east coast who have had bad storms and tornados. I agree, the weather is very scary. Hugs, Jan L.

phoots
June 15th, 2013, 12:51 AM
I have a friend who's son lives in Colorado Springs with his wife and kids. I've asked my friend and his son is safe. I have another friend who took pictures from his house with the fire only 2-3 miles away. He and his wife are safe, too.

Pam in Vegas