PDA

View Full Version : Back from the quilt festival in Galway

Renate
June 13th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Hi dears,

I am back from Ireland .... ok, my body is back from Ireland, my soul is still there. It was amazing. the perfect mix between quilt and golf. The ehibition was ... I have no words for what people are doing out of just fabric and thread ...

I took a class with Nikki Foley: "Irish Knotes" and it was so much fun. In the class were a lot of quilters from the States, very trained in quilting. We also learned how to dye our own fabric, when we cannot find the right colour and so many small tricks.

Also I could talk to Pam Holland, an amazing artist and quilter. Maybe you know her book "the adventure of the amazing alphabet". If you have the possibility to have a view into this book ... it is gorgeous. There is such a radiation of creativity around Pam, if you have ever a possibility to see her, do it. she is a person making your live richer just by let you see the world through her eyes for a moment. this was really the most impressiv moment of the trip.

And of course I spent some money on fabric and tools and things maybe I will never need but it was so funny to buy them. Therefor you see in a picture how I was treated (just joking). And also of course I had a round of golf each day. perfect program: golf early in the morning and quilting the rest of the day.

I will post more pictures later from the exhibition quilts

nana margaret
June 13th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Sounds like an amazing trip, so pleased you had such a marvellous time! Love the picture of you in the stocks! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, I adore your butterfly!

turena65
June 13th, 2013, 04:56 AM
What fun...looks like a great time:)

patchiereggie
June 13th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Welcome back!!! And thanks for sharing all the pics on FB as well, it was sew much fun to see them.

Cathy F
June 13th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Love the photos! Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Iris Girl
June 13th, 2013, 05:38 AM
glad you enjoyed yourself, sounds like fun.

rebeccas-sewing
June 13th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Sounds like a really fun time! Did you make your bias strips with the 1/4" fusible web? I just watched a "Sewing with Nancy" video where they used that product to temporarily hold the binding in place for stitching. Really neat idea. The stocks are a crack-up! How convenient to have golfing and quilting all in one place.

HdWench
June 13th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Renate, so glad you are back home. Sounds like a beautiful trip for you, golf in the mornings and quilting afternoons! How fun to see they locked you up for making fun purchases :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing some pictures, it is so pretty.

:-Debbie

Jean Sewing Machine
June 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM
How fun this must have been! Exciting!

quilter.martha
June 13th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Sounds like the perfect trip! Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Blondie
June 13th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Oh Renate, how absolutely fabulous! I am thrilled that you had a terrific time and absorbed so much in that amount of time.
Thank you for sharing the pics.
Glad to see you back!

Blessings

Blondie

Time2Quilt
June 13th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Golf AND quilting AND Ireland? Wow! Now that is my dream vacation! Sounds like true heaven. Sign me up!

Monique
June 13th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Sounds like a wonderful trip. I am happy it was for you.

pcbatiks
June 13th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Renate............I'm so happy for you! I remember reading some about this quilt show on the internet last year................what a dream vacation! Beautiful scenery, gorgeous quilts, fabrics, classes, and you had the chance to golf too! I will have to look up info about the ladies that you mentioned. Glad you had a great time!

Renate
June 13th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I really hoped that I will meet somebody from our forum over there, but also there were about 80 % of the visitors from the States, I did not find anybody, unfortunately. But I try to go again next year and maybe maybe ... I think, I will than wear a t-shirt with a Missouri* on it and people will find me. Maybe I can sew on it: "I am a M* girl, please talk to me" or something.
We should talk with Jenny, if she can do T-Shirts we can wear on quilt shows. This would be advertising for her AND we will find each other more easy

WendyI
June 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I have been wondering where you were! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Pics are great! Thanks for sharing!

Claire Hallman
June 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM
... I think, I will than wear a t-shirt with a Missouri* on it and people will find me. Maybe I can sew on it: "I am a M* girl, please talk to me" or something.
We should talk with Jenny, if she can do T-Shirts we can wear on quilt shows. This would be advertising for her AND we will find each other more easy
I have a T shirt that I bought at the shop, not sure it is on the website but they do have them.

auntiemern
June 14th, 2013, 01:21 AM
So happy for you. You got to enjoy 2 of your passions in one place. Glad to have you back here though.

ilive2craft2
June 14th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Glad you had a fabulous trip, but glad you are back home with us on the forum. Missed you while you were gone. Love the butterfly applique! Thanks for sharing pics of the trip. I would love to go to Ireland some day.... :)

Sew Perfect
June 14th, 2013, 02:47 AM
I am very glad you had a great time! I love your pictures so far and we have all missed you very much. I can't wait to see you other pictures and your purchases...especially when use what you bought to make something beautiful!

Renate
June 14th, 2013, 03:52 AM
I am the most stupid girl in the world. I could bite into my own a....! Befor loading the fotos from my camera to the computer I wanted to delete the not nice pictures and did not see, that the curser was on "delete all" ..... Yes i know every thinking person would FIRST put all pictures on the pc and THAN delete the worst once ... I hope the other 3 girls travelling with me did not make the same mistake ....

rebeccas-sewing
June 14th, 2013, 05:20 AM
That's a shame! We all make silly mistakes and it takes a while to stop kicking ourselves over it. Maybe your friends will send you some of their photos.

nana margaret
June 14th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I know how you feel, about five years ago I got a virus on my computer which completely deleted everything including precious photos of family, holidays etc. (I now back everything up to an external hard drive!) I hope you get some nice photos from your friends to remind you of your lovely holiday.

MRoy
June 14th, 2013, 07:42 AM
It sounds like a great trip! I've been following Bonnie Hunter's blog (Quiltville.com) while she's been there. Did you get to see or meet her?

MayinJerset
June 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Glad you enjoyed your visit to Ireland, it's a beautiful country. May in Jersey

Renate
June 14th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Unfortunately the classes of Bonnie Hunter were booked out very quickly and I was to late ... maybe next year ...

Over40momma
June 14th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Renate, I am so glad you got to meet a fabulous person at the quilt show. It always amazes me at how certain people just exude a special energy that opens a whole new door for us. I have had the fortune to meet several people like this in my lifetime and they always, always make me a better person as well as showing me so many possibilities I had never considered.
So sorry about losing your pictures.....it happens to everyone but oh, I do love the ones you posted here. Fingers crossed your friends will be able to share theirs with you. Most importantly, I am glad you are home safe and sound.

aliaslaceygreen
June 15th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Oh, lucky you!! I want to attend that show someday!!

Andrea F
June 16th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Nice to hear, that you had such a good time over in Ireland! Im so sorry for the "deleting photos" accident. I hope you can get some pictures from your friends back.

Evilynn
June 16th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Hey Renate,

I am so glad you enjoyed yourself! Perhaps next year I can go also to that show (a girl may dream :D). I would love to go to a quilt show! And so sorry about your pictures perhaps one of your friends can give you hers :)

Hugs,

Steffie

aliaslaceygreen
June 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Renate... do NOT take any more photos on that card!!!! Quickly, search the internet for 'accidently deleting images from card'....There ARE programs that can sometimes retrieve images!!!!!!

BellasQuilts
June 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I just got back from Ireland and I missed it! ??!! OMG I'm going to faint.