PDA

View Full Version : Ohio weather...

buckeyequilter
June 12th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Everyone in Ohio please stay safe. This storm is hitting Marion Co. hard right now...my family is in Marion Co and I'm in the next county. My daughter just got off work and went to my sister's house. I think it just passed through Marion and now my daughter is heading home.

Another cell is coming around midnight. I probably won't get much sleep tonight...uggh.

Doloris
June 12th, 2013, 09:31 PM
so far we have nothing. Looks like what you are getting is going to go south of us. I hope so anyway

Roxanne
June 12th, 2013, 09:39 PM
We are expecting it in Maryland around 10:00. Probably no sleep here tonight.

Doloris
June 12th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I saw reports earlier that there was large hail and strong winds going through Shelby and Planktown. Hope country fabrics is ok :). Also starting to hear rumblings off to the west. Still no rain, but guess it is coming.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 12th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Be safe, y'all! Must have gone through northern Mo., because it has been a delightful day here.

bakermom
June 12th, 2013, 09:48 PM
So far nothing here. did see the warnings for Shelby earlier. The air is very still.

buckeyequilter
June 12th, 2013, 09:59 PM
We just got some rain a few minutes ago. My daughter is home now so I can relax for a little while.

Doloris
June 12th, 2013, 10:06 PM
ok we got just enough rain to wet the sidewalk and it has stopped already.

buckeyequilter
June 12th, 2013, 10:30 PM
We've got one coming close to us now. It's still raining a little here after the downpour.

lilmouse
June 12th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Here we got a gully washer and now all is quiet,

Grama Debbie
June 13th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Looks like the worst of it is going to go south of us, too. Weatherman said we may get some rain later tonight. Hopefully nothing more than that.

SandyWhite
June 13th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Looks like the worst of it is going to go south of us, too. Weatherman said we may get some rain later tonight. Hopefully nothing more than that.

Yes looks south of us too. Toledo to get lots of rain and lighting but not lots of wind. It's 11:30 and not here just yet. You all keep safe.

bakermom
June 13th, 2013, 03:53 AM
most of the earlier storms went south of here. The last one hit a little after two as I was finishing up at work. Drove home thru a very dark town- all the lights are out downtown=pitch black. Weird driving, lots of water on the roads. Hope the worst is now past.

HdWench
June 13th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Prayers for you all!!! Be safe and stay indoors. Will be leaving for Ohio this Saturday or Sunday *yippie*

Thinking of you all,

:-Debbie

buckeyequilter
June 13th, 2013, 07:21 AM
I think the news media spent their time scaring us...I woke up once during the night and thought I heard wind. There was minimal damage, flooding and power outages. I think the worst of it probably happened here at about 8 pm.

HdWench
June 13th, 2013, 07:40 AM
*phew* Thank you so much Shirley for letting everyone know you all are safe!

DH and I call them the Weather Fakers LOL I swear no-where else can you NOT get your job right and keep working! geeze but very glad to hear it's past you for now.

:-Debbie

MRoy
June 13th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I'm glad all is well. Thanks for the update Shirley!

Doloris
June 13th, 2013, 08:32 AM
everything here fine too. Heard it raining pretty hard a couple times during the night, but no damage here. Did hear on the news this morning there are a few trees and poles down and power outages here and there, but nothing too serious.

Bubby
June 13th, 2013, 08:54 AM
My MIL lives in Merrillville, Indiana and the storm went right over her at 7 pm last night. We haven't heard from her and so far we can't get through on phone lines.

Suzyq
June 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Bubby, hope your MIL is okay... Is it possible she went somewhere else to escape the storm? Gosh, you folksies in the US have really had a bad time with weather the last while...sending out prayers for all in need...

Tanya D
June 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
The air is very still.

Isn't that the eeriest feeling when you can see storm clouds and NOTHING is moving. In most cases, the birds aren't chirping either. It's very unsettling.

Glad nothing too serious happened.

auntiemern
June 14th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Heard on the news tonight there is some serious flooding in Ohio. Praying all our quilty friends are safe and dry.