PDA

View Full Version : A Very Recent Purchase (not fabric/quilting)

Sew Perfect
June 12th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I got a new Chevy Impala. The ride and the seats are very comfortable, handles well, doesn't jerk me around like my truck...now husband's truck...does, and IT'S MINE! No More being stuck at home all the time... Drum Roll Please!

ilive2craft2
June 12th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Congrats on your own set of wheels! The freedom of the open road....fabric shops to be found and a trunk to hide the purchases in... LOL

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2013, 09:12 PM
She's pretty !

Sew Perfect
June 12th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Congrats on your own set of wheels! The freedom of the open road....fabric shops to be found and a trunk to hide the purchases in... LOL

Oh yeah thanks! I forgot to mention that I did a test that was above and beyond. Every vehicle had to pass the shop hop and sewing machine test and it did...with FLYING COLORS!!! PLUS...It has LUMBAR SUPPORT for when shop hopping or driving to quilt shows. VERY IMPORTANT!!!

ilive2craft2
June 12th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Oh yeah thanks! I forgot to mention that I did a test that was above and beyond. Every vehicle had to pass the shop hop and sewing machine test and it did...with FLYING COLORS!!! PLUS...It has LUMBAR SUPPORT for when shop hopping or driving to quilt shows. VERY IMPORTANT!!!

You are right - that is VERY IMPORTANT!! I have to admit that I drive a mini-van - we have one kid, he is turning 22 tomorrow....but I can't give up the space of my van or the height of it - I am too spoiled!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 12th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Wow, what a great day it is for you! Congratulations! Enjoy your new wheels!

mom4him
June 12th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Beautiful! Totally understand now wanting to be stuck at home all the time.

lilmouse
June 12th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Very nice!

nana margaret
June 13th, 2013, 05:12 AM
I can't drive so feel free to come and pick me up and we'll go for spin!

Iris Girl
June 13th, 2013, 05:44 AM
very nice , enjoy!

rebeccas-sewing
June 13th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Wow! Nice wheels. I have to laugh when I think back about the first car I owned. It was a gold color Chevy Impala, early 70's. Sure looked different from the model your driving! Enjoy having a brand spankin' new car.

Monique
June 13th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Look out, now you will never be home to quilt. You will be out and about looking for fabric. LOL! Seriously, enjoy the new wheels.

Blondie
June 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Ahhh, nothing like the scent of a new car. Like the color, I am thrilled for YOU. Enjoy, buckle up and if you start to wander and wonder where you are, I live in NC.

Blessings to YOU.

Blondie

HdWench
June 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Misa, how cool is that!!! Yeah no more suffering in pain from riding the bucking truck!! Ohhh and a nice roomy trunk for all that lovely fabric -- Congratulations and I hope it gives you years and years of safe use!

:-debbie

Renate
June 13th, 2013, 08:29 AM
congrats to this beautiful choice. i am sure, heading to your next fabric store in that car is much more fun ...

Tanya D
June 13th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Very nice! Enjoy your new wheels and your freedom.

auntiemern
June 13th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Congrats on the new ride. As long as it passes all your tests, that is all that matters. I too have a mini van, or as it is frequently referred to 'the Granny van'. Perfect seating height for me. I don't have to climb to get in, or feel like I am sitting on the floor. Can haul the kids and their 'stuff'.
You are right - that is VERY IMPORTANT!! I have to admit that I drive a mini-van - we have one kid, he is turning 22 tomorrow....but I can't give up the space of my van or the height of it - I am too spoiled!!!

SallyO'Sews
June 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Seems to me a road trip to M*QC is definitely in order! Enjoy! :icon_wave:

Shelovesfabric
June 13th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Very nice!!! So, some new quilted seat covers in the works?? :lol: