PDA

View Full Version : Question.....I Should Know This By Now

pcbatiks
June 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM
On a forum post........what is the difference between Reply with Quote and Multi Quote This Message at the bottom of a post. How do you refer to or highlight part of someone else's post? I know that Reply with Quote shows the whole comment from someone else.........just not sure about the Multi Quote..........I'm sure it is simple and quite obvious but I am going to ask anyway! :D

WendyI
June 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I have been meaning to ask this for quite some time!! Thanks for asking it!

Doloris
June 12th, 2013, 02:04 PM
On a forum post........what is the difference between Reply with Quote and Multi Quote This Message at the bottom of a post. How do you refer to or highlight part of someone else's post? I know that Reply with Quote shows the whole comment from someone else.........just not sure about the Multi Quote..........I'm sure it is simple and quite obvious but I am going to ask anyway! :D

I think I figured it out. click on multi quote and then click on reply with quote and go to next post and click reply with quote and they both go to your reply

toggpine
June 12th, 2013, 02:07 PM
I think I figured it out.

I can also edit out the bits of the quote I don't want to reply to, or that don't relate to my current comment.

Just highlight the bits of text you want to remove and hit "delete".

Doloris
June 12th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I think I figured it out. click on multi quote and then click on reply with quote and go to next post and click reply with quote and they both go to your reply

[QUOTE=pcbatiks;329822]On a forum post........what is the difference between Reply with Quote and Multi Quote

got it

oops didn't work trying again

Doloris
June 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I think I figured it out.

On a forum post........what is the difference between Reply with Quote and Multi Quote This Message at the bottom of a post.
[ Thanks for asking it!

ok I think it worked this time, but I only clicked on 2 posts and it added my previous one too

need more practice with this!!!!!!!!!LOL

WendyI
June 12th, 2013, 04:57 PM
well DUH! I saw "Reply", "Reply With Quote"...never even thought to look and see what that other button was!! But I still don't get how it works!

toggpine
June 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM
It's MAGIC!
*That must be said in a stage whisper, with jazz hands*

That's our standard line when we can't really explain how stuff works, especially to the seven year old. She just laughs and tells us we are funny.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM
well DUH! I saw "Reply", "Reply With Quote"...never even thought to look and see what that other button was!! But I still don't get how it works!

I don't either.

K. McEuen
June 12th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I don't either.

On a forum post........what is the difference between Reply with Quote and Multi Quote

got it

When you click on the other button it adds a check mark next to it. Then you go and click on the other button on any other reply you want to quote. When you have checked all the ones you want to quote, then you hit "reply with quote" and all the quotes will appear in the comment window below.

ilive2craft2
June 12th, 2013, 06:04 PM

When you click on the other button it adds a check mark next to it. Then you go and click on the other button on any other reply you want to quote. When you have checked all the ones you want to quote, then you hit "reply with quote" and all the quotes will appear in the comment window below.

Yeah! I didn't understand how to do this either! I was doing it the old fashioned way and putting in the html code.....that's what I get for being a geek...... :) Lisa

janluna
June 12th, 2013, 06:41 PM
​Ya learn something new everyday! Thanks. I didn't even know that existed either. Hugs, Jan L.

Madeforyouinma11
June 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks for this post. I've hit that little one a couple of times but when it didn't do anything, I un clicked it. I get it now. I still have a hard time just grabbing part of a post to comment on. I still take the whole thing and just delete what I don't want but then it doesn't stay in the quote bubble....

pcbatiks
June 12th, 2013, 07:40 PM
It's MAGIC!
*That must be said in a stage whisper, with jazz hands*

That's our standard line when we can't really explain how stuff works, especially to the seven year old. She just laughs and tells us we are funny.

That's funny, Cathy! :icon_rofl:

pcbatiks
June 12th, 2013, 07:43 PM

Thanks Karen...........I knew you would have the answer for us! We crown you......our forum friend tech support queen! :D

K. McEuen
June 12th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks for this post. I've hit that little one a couple of times but when it didn't do anything, I un clicked it. I get it now. I still have a hard time just grabbing part of a post to comment on. I still take the whole thing and just delete what I don't want but then it doesn't stay in the quote bubble....

When you are deleteing what you don't want to show up, make sure that you don't delete the opening and closing HTML stuff. It has to be there to maintain the quote bubble. You will see [ QUOTE ] and [/ QUOTE ] at the beginning and end, make sure it is all still there.

P.S. You have bad html in your signature line. I have been so tempted to go into your profile and fix it many times. ;)

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2013, 11:40 PM

I don't either.

I'm just doing a test.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2013, 11:40 PM
yea!