PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Hellos!

Blondie
June 12th, 2013, 05:54 AM

Hello Folksies

Welcome Wednesday and here it is June something or other. I just know it is Wednesday, the middle of the week and work is tomorrow.

Myrna! How many days? I declare, you should have a huge retirement party!

Yesterday I managed to ignore many pressing things and sit in the basement and sew a bit. Nothing huge accomplished but I am playing with some blocks for quilt that Sis and I have been planning for a while. We have most of the blocks done, just need the look to come together. So, I piddled around with those and enjoyed myself.
I also finished up a dresden table topper for my DD. She has recently become a Celebrating Home Party Consultant and figured she could use some items to help with her displays. Next up : some fabric for table runners and table cloths.

The sun was merrily shining yesterday, chasing away some late clouds. Hoping today will be a repeat. It was simply a glorious day. Hubs got to work a few hours, that was good for both of us. I never seem to get as much accomplished whenever he is around. Now why is that?

Hugs, lots of prayers and smiles for my dear ones here.

rebeccas-sewing
June 12th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Happy day, Blondie! Glad to hear you're enjoying some nice weather for a change. I'm on my own this week while Joe is working in Norway. I'll finish up the quilting on the necktie quilt today and maybe get my lazy behind out to the grocery store. It's finally quieted down around here. The scaffolding is down and the windows are relatively clean since Joe climbed out there and gave them a good scrub. Honestly, the racket around here was pretty annoying. Peace and quiet prevails. Yay!

Monique
June 12th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Good morning all. Yesterday was a very lazy day indeed. I quilting most of the day and watched a few movies while quilting. One more sleep and then we go to Montreal to pick up Greg & Roxy and take Jersey home. I may miss her a little but I will be glad to get some cleaning done around here. Mainly floors washed. I don't know what is planned for today. The sun is peaking out from behind the clouds.

Enjoy your day friends.

Mpyles
June 12th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Everyone have a great day!

Bubby
June 12th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be in the 90s today again. I have errands to run and I want to get them done as early as possible.

I'm excited about quilting again! I've been in a funk for the last two months since we lost Miss Molly. Making the double tumbler quilt was good for me...now onward and onward!!

I hope everyone has a good Hump Day and Smile! Smile!! Smile!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Hi folks! Guess Summer is really hear, we have our 90 degree days hitting us, and it is almost the middle of June!

Nothing quilty on my plate today, except I found the perfect fabric yesterday for pillowcases to match my twister quilt. My fabric is called "Under Construction", and the fabric I found has tons of road signs and the most predominant one says "Under Construction!" Matching colors! Can't wait to make a few pillowcases! I'm not sure if my 9 year old grandson has outgrown his love for construction vehicles, but right now, it is on his bed in my spare room where he stays when he spends the night. Bought those darling pink and purple owls for his sister's bed, she loves anything pink and purple!

They have cut me back to two days a week at the bridal salon. Can't say I'm so sad about that, but much watch the fabric budget, as this job was funding it! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Hope everyone has a great, if not summery day, wherever you are! Oh, Oz friends, happy winter day!

MRoy
June 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Good morning! Blondie, 50 more days (35 work days). I've been asked about a retirement celebration at work and I really don't want one. I'm an emotional person and it's going to be hard enough leaving my work family without a lot of hoopla. I've let my coworkers know that I want my last day to be just another day at work. I hope they'll respect my wishes.

We have sunshine here now, but may have rain later. My yard is covered in white clover blooms that need cutting so I hope I can get the mowing done today before the rain moves in. Have a great day!

aliaslaceygreen
June 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Good morning!!! That's all I've got! Heading off to work. But tonight, we are going to a concert down in Portsmouth, so I hope the rain stays where ever it is... Have a GREAT day!

buckeyequilter
June 12th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Good morning...

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

I finally got the churn dash top finished a couple of days ago and am looking for loose threads now - before putting it on the frame. Hope to get that done yet this week.

I'm thinking about taking 1/2 day vacation to go home and secure things. Supposed to get a mighty windstorm tonight. I pray that everyone in the path of these winds/storms is safe. I have my fingers crossed that we don't lose our power. This happened last year and we were without power for 5 days.

Well need to get busy....have a great day! Prayers and hugs

CountryHut
June 12th, 2013, 08:46 AM
G'morning everyone . .
somewhat - much to do today - I am not wanting to go anywhere after last weeks adventure . .
hubby has been ready to go off camping - he had 8 days off - *ugh*~ he made reservations
at a state park - really not that far away from home . . packed the 5th wheel on Sunday
whatever was vibrating on the A/C unit - worked it's way out and was running like normal
we figured it must have been a dirt dauber -
here comes Monday - and I am ready to go - so hubby leaves out with the 5th wheel in tow
and I stayed behind to wait on my sister to far the keys to our house so she could get in to feed
the fur babies . . 20 minutes or so I get a phone call from the hubby -- "where are you" -- get done here
the water tank fell off the camper . . WHAT . . the water tank . . WTH . . what next .
after I got down to where he was waiting on me . . he shows me what happened . . the fresh water
tank -- just fell off . . *smacking forehead*~ . he empties the tank - puts it in the bed of the truck
and off we go . . thinking this whole time . . -- we are NOT suppose to be going off camping --
back on the road - I am following the camper . . making sure nothing else is going to fall off
I was Thanking Jesus every mile to the campground . . with that tank falling off -- weighing over 400 lbs
it could have cause a """horrific""" accident
-- so we are all set up - and I fix the 1st night out standard dinner/snack -- roll ups - lunch meats/cheese crackers
dip and our happy hour drinks :)
so a few days go by -- raining let hell with Tropical Storm Andrea . . *ugh*~ . .
right in the middle of a great birthday breakfast for the hubby -- there's a knock knock knock on the door . .
Mr Parker Ranger says they are evacuating the campground because of the storm . . WTH
so we finish breakfast - I started cleaning and packing the inside of the camper -- po' hubby
outside in between down pours packing up the outside of the camper
3 hours later we are back home . . told the hubby to pump himself with otc meds to keep from
getting sick . . thank goodness he actually listened to me that time :)
and low and beyond --- 5 hours after getting home . . it stopped raining . . sun shining so pretty
and warm - like there was never a tropical storm
it seems the last few years in the beginning of June -- there are semi-major issues with things either
falling apart or are in need of a repair/replacement
life isn't simply these days . . *ugh*~

now onto better things -- I am really enjoying my new embroidery machine . . it's like being
addicted to buying fabric -- you see a embroidery design . . Ooooh I gotten have this and have that . .
LOL*~

ya'll -- "Make it" a good day

shermur
June 12th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mornin', darlins'! Thank goodness it's Wednesday....Friday is getting closer. The main thing quilty I've done so far this week is studying quilt patterns I like and getting the initiative to get them started (not to mention finish up what has already been started). I girlfriend of mine stated her daughter in law's grandmother has a long arm quilting machine and would get me her info so I can price my quilt tops to be quilted. And woo hoo, no softball tournaments for the next two weekends. Maybe hubby and I can get some stuff done around our house.

MayinJerset
June 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Happy to hear so many are having some nice weather for a change. Heavy rain supposed to be heading our way but I'm enjoying the sunshine and cool breezes while I can. Rep. from heating/AC company should be here soon to give us an estimate for a new AC unit. What fun! Also DH has finally found where leak in roof is coming from so that will be another unexpected expense getting that repaired. New family room furniture may be just a dream it this keeps up.

Hope to visit my BFF this afternoon, she hasn't been doing too good lately. The recent iron shots and other treatments don't seem to be helping her Crohn's. It hasn't reared its ugly head for many years but this time it is doing a number on her so say a lttle prayer for my friend Mary.

Granny Judy
June 12th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I'm here...finally. Funny morning with the fur babies wanting in and out. TREAT ME, then in & out with TREAT ME again and again. They got all 3 of their HUMANS to fall for the in, out, Treat thing. DD off to work and things have quieted down.. It's suppose to storm this afternoon so My friend may not drop by. She hates to drive or be out in it.

Otherwise I'll just putter around the house and re thread the Serger. Got some clothing to sew and play with. Slowly the Flag Tumbler is getting together. Am at the stage where I start thinking of backing fabric.. Of course that is a shopping trip!!!

Wishing the best of fun for all today.. and HUGs being included in that wish...

CrazyMtnLady
June 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone. Just stopping in to say hello before getting off my butt in gear and getting some more work done as the hot temperatures allow. It is going to be another scorcher today.

Looks like the middle of the country is in for some severe weather. Please stay safe for all those in the affected areas.

I actually worked on some sewing yesterday. Seems like forever since I took the time to sit and sew. I may have to do a bit more today.
When it is this hot outside...what else is a girl to do but sit and sew!

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

GrammaBabs
June 12th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Myrna... i hear ya'.... a few moons ago,, i was in your same boat.. if your who i think you are... there is no way you leaving without a "tear and some farwells"... in the long run.. it's wonderful to have the memories... my "just another day" ended with 200 people in the cafeteria at "my lunch time",,, with hugs, and a wonderful card signed by all,,, and a tapestry covered footstool!!! I had made so many little "gifts" for babies and weddings... (all knitted or crocheted at the time,, NO quilting yet)... you never realize just how many lives you touch over the years... but it sure is nice to find out!!!! Congrats GF.... your gonna love "the other side" of this world!!!! :)
Good morning! Blondie, 50 more days (35 work days). I've been asked about a retirement celebration at work and I really don't want one. I'm an emotional person and it's going to be hard enough leaving my work family without a lot of hoopla. I've let my coworkers know that I want my last day to be just another day at work. I hope they'll respect my wishes.

We have sunshine here now, but may have rain later. My yard is covered in white clover blooms that need cutting so I hope I can get the mowing done today before the rain moves in. Have a great day!

buckeyequilter
June 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I'm here...finally. Funny morning with the fur babies wanting in and out. TREAT ME, then in & out with TREAT ME again and again. They got all 3 of their HUMANS to fall for the in, out, Treat thing. DD off to work and things have quieted down..

Our dogs do that too....I have an outside entrance to my sewing room and DH has a workshop adjacent...so they will go from door to door begging treats. Everytime they come in a door they think a treat should be waiting for them. I told my daughter they must think it's trick-or-treat all year long.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 12th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Here is a little of what I am working on:
http://renewingmrssewsew.blogspot.com/2013/06/work-in-progress-wednesday.html

Hope you all have a great week!

Over40momma
June 12th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Good morning to you all from Toronto, Canada. Well, not much going on here. Got some lovely sun and my flowers are just so happy after all that rain for the past week. Need to do some deadheading but everyone looks healthy and blooming their little hearts out!
I am waiting for my new foot pedal......postman thinks I am a stalker at this point. :lol: I have 2 quilts that my girls have picked out fabric for. Now I have to decide on designs. I have a "dancing diamonds" pattern that looks interesting and may or may not suit my youngest tastes......she is quite the fashion diva. But I was looking at the big star design tutorial and thinking that might work too. Her colours are 5 shades of marbled pinks with ivory/cream for the foundation colour. Oldest wants plain fabric that is a soft lavender with silver sparkle stars and another one for the backing that is cream with lavender and a touch of green. I get the impression she wants a whole cloth top so now I have to figure out the best way to quilt it. I have some deep, dark marbled purple that I can use for the binding. Still have 8 placemats to quilt and bind.....hence the stalking. Got a top done (hope to post some pictures when I figure out how), then decide what to do with it. This is the one I did with 2 jelly rolls and just stripped pieced them together. It is HUGE. I've gone through my stash of finished cross-stitched pieces and getting some ideas on how to incorporate them into quilts or even fancy little decorative pillows......framing is just too expensive.
Now I will wait to continue my postman stalking, I am going to try making an Avacado Chocolate Mousse recipe that I found online and then vacuum and scrub the kitchen floor. Last depends upon how well my knees hold up. :icon_rolleyes: Whoever said getting older was part of the "Golden Years" needs a smack right upside their head.
Take care all and have a great day. (And if anyone tries to spoil it.....simply refuse delivery :icon_bigsmile:).

quiltingtrish
June 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Hi all! Super busy today doing all the little stuff that needs done so those left behind survive the 4 days I'll be away. LOL! I am heading to the beach tomorrow morning with 2 friends of mine. So, have to make sure the wash is done (hanging on the line since early this morning), food shopping done, house cleaned, bills paid, etc. I need a vacation just for getting ready for vacation. LOL!

I finished quilting the 2 baby quilts that needed done by tomorrow morning. I did them for the 2 friends I am going away with. I am going to pack up my Cathedral Windows wall hanging to work on at the beach and hopefully finish the 20 or so triangles that go around the outside so I can hang it when I return.

Well, you all have a great day - need to write the bills so I can take those when I leave for the other errands.

Hugs,

auntiemern
June 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Good morning all. Can ya believe I am posting this early ;). That is because I had the kids overnight and had to get the girls up and at em for summer school. (more like summer camp, it isn't mandatory). So now it is just DH, Bubby and me for the rest of the day. Gonna go through some scraps and see what I can come up with. Last week I managed to refold and separate all the fabrics I had upstairs. One cabinet with kid prints, and 5 other totes later, I have all of that done. Still have 5 totes downstairs to refold and separate, and that isn't counting the 5 boxes that Megan Smith sent me, or the other boxes of scraps that have been donated. DH wants me to start on his bass quilt, but can ya believe with ALL the fabric I have I can't find anything that coordinates with that. Gonna have to break my fabric diet to get that.
Looking for temps in the 90's so I will be inside most of the day. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

pcbatiks
June 12th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone! I had the chance to visit with Cydni......ofthevortex on the phone yesterday evening! It was great talking to her after becoming friends through this forum and PM's. She is as kind, friendly and funny as she is here on the forum.........and I enjoyed our visit.

I plan to get back to working on my aunt's quilt top. Didn't get anything done over the weekend & first of the week after feeling run down and lousy. Dee's thread about weird Christmas colors kept me entertained this weekend.......thanks Dee!

Hope you all have a great day!

WendyI
June 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Well yes it is Wednesday....and here I am at work...only 18 more years to go!! :D uhg.

In fact it's only three weeks until I have a much needed vacation! Off to visit my BF and family in San Jose, California! Can't WAIT!

Just got a call from the nursing home. My mother had to be sent to hospital for a nose bleed that won't stop. She is on oxygen because she has emphysema (COPD) which dries out the membranes in the nose and makes the blood vessels brittle. I'm sure she will be fine and they have instructed me to not go to the hospital. By the time I get there she'll likely be back home anyway. Being in the sandwich generation really stinks.

Nothing else new...might get to pick up the new trailer tomorrow...but otherwise...same'ol. At LEAST the sun is shining here today!

Have a lovely day all and lots of (((((HUGS))))) going out to those that need them! Apparently I give the BEST hugs around...so I'm told! xox

toggpine
June 12th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I have the day mostly to myself! I'm gonna get off the computer, turn on the music and get to cutting & sewing. If the phone rings I'm letting the answering machine screen the calls. Iced tea, fabric, & me until about 3:30! Whoo Hoo!

Or at least I hope so.......

janluna
June 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Hello All!!!!! Trish you have a great time with your friends at the beach!
Blondie, I have often wondered why I don't get a single thing done if Joe is at home. This week he has been home all day Monday and Tuesday. Today he went to deliver his parts order but he wasn't gone long enough. I'm trying to get his Father's Day gift done. I really need for him to disappear! I love him dearly but if he doesn't find something to do when he retires, I'm going to go nuts!!!! Anyway, no one seems to have an answer to your question. Sandy will have something to make us giggle, I hope. I am getting sick of..... "Honey, what are you doing?" or "You shouldn't be doing that" This is followed by no offer of help. Finally, I said "Who do you think does all this stuff. Your clothes need washing, the floors need mopping and the carpets need vacuuming, and dinner needs cooking!" He said, "huh, need the trash to be taken out?"
And then he disappeared into his cave. LOL Love, Hugs, and Prayers for all those in need, and for everyone else too! Jan L.

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Jan, this is how I keep Al in line:
http://ourfamilybiblestudy.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/angry-old-woman.png