PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Morning Hellos

Blondie
February 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/budeia_1972/Day%20komments/Wednesday/WEDNESDAY.jpg

Hello Howdies to all my lovely friends

Gosh it sure is good to have a landing place. I am home again for shower, real coffee and oh yes, I plan on staying here for a few more hours today. Mom is feeling much better and I think will be fine without me for a bit. I have to get ready to get back to work tomorrow. My days "off" are never really a day off, lol. Of course, I have been enjoying my time with Mom. I always do. We are like peas in a pod. Life is good. And PS, you can borrow my rose colored glasses anytime!

It was soooooooo good to see Laurie and our Sewsoft back. YAY! It is always much more funner to have lots of playmates. And Patticakes, I have been missing Gina as well. I think I saw a post somewhere from her last week, can't remember which thread but I sure hope she is doing well after her move. I also miss our Jill (JR) when she gets busy at Uni. I am certain that she is dreaming of more fantastic quilts to whittle away her free time with.

Yesterday I started working on a pin keep using some scraps that I had in my strings drawer. I like how it is coming along and may put it up on my blog as a tut if I can get it finished and it looks decent enough. Nothing fancy or perfect. Just like me!

Trish, I hear you on the school thing. I don't understand, perhaps I am a dunce, but just when did we really start disciplining teachers before students? I realize that there are lots of bad apples in the teacher world and substitutes always have been the butt of student wrath but geesh! Where's the sense in all of this? Praying for you both.

Okay Ladies, off to read some more of what I missed last night. I am in a mood to also watch some Jenny tuts. Been awhile. Need some inspiration.

Big hugs and abundant blessings to each of you today.

Onetiredmomma
February 23rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
I know what you mean about watching Jenny tutorials! I watched 3 or 4 last night. I'm glad that you enjoy spending time with your mom, Blondie. I feel that was with my mom and when I see mom/daughter relationships where they are always fighting and being petty toward each other I feel sad for them.

I don't know what today holds for us. Wednesday is my usual day off, though I had an unexpected day yesterday. I typically go to a MOPS grouWednesdy, but I've really enjoyed the snuggling at home. I stihave while to decide.

Have a blessed day everyone!

quiltingtrish
February 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Up and moving - need to move faster. I'm going to try and drive in today. It's bitter cold out there. I don't think the sharp corners I have to go around have ice on them - let's hope not.

The teachers that I TRUST that I talked to the past few days have just shaken their head in disbelief as we still wait. Some have even told us to get a lawyer, but I don't think we'll need that. I really don't think these allegations are going to go anywhere cause it's so riducleous. Anyways ...

The sun is out there - until tomorrow. It is still February. Waiting for Spring!

Hope you all have a great day - see ya all after work.

Hugs,

Patrice
February 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Good morning all. I am having a great week off. Got a quilt top done yesterday. Went back to weight watchers yesterday since I realize I cannot do it on my own. I find it funny that just when i start back everyone is posting the most delicious sounding recipes..ugh. But I am saving them :lol:

zenkitty
February 23rd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Just counting down until Friday where I will be at the Mid Atlantic Quilt show in Hampton Roads. Woohoo! My very first experience. Then my friend and I are going to visit 3 other quilt shops in the area. Me thinks I will be exhausted. All for the sake of quilting. :D

Monique
February 23rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Happy Wednesday all

Today my baby turns 24. I remember the day as if it were yesterday. His older brother told me to take Philip Andrew back and bring him a Sarah Jennifer instead. And those were his exact words. I guess he wanted a sister. LOL!! I think today is a nostalgia day, my brother posted a picture on facebook of my parents, my younger brother and myself. I was about 19 at the time. Brings back so many memories.

Blondie enjoy the time you have with your mother. I lost my Mom two years ago and miss her terribly. We spoke on the phone every day and there are some days that I think oh yeah I have to call her. She is lucky to have you close by.

I don't know that today I will get much quilting done. I have to work this afternoon and then go to the seniors home this evening to do bingo for them. They enjoy it so much.

Well that is about it for today. Ranted long enough.

Happy quilting, stay safe and warm

Monique

shawnan
February 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Good Wednesday Morning everyone. Not only is it Wednesday, but it is the LAST Wednesday of February and that makes it UFO day. Anyone care to join me? 10am to 10pm sewing at my LQS, although sometimes it is less sewing than other times. (Supper is provided by the staff!)

I've watched some of the tutorials, but I noticed there are 85 at youtube, and I'm sure I haven't watched them all. Isn't it interesting how just a small 5-minute thing can inspire us.

Hope everyone has a great day. This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)

Nancy

Shirley
February 23rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Oh! How I have enjoyed reading this thread! Love seeing Blondies graphics.
Monique- I talked to my Mom everyday also. She was my neighbor, my friend and my beloved Mother. She past away 6 years ago and I miss her daily. Blondie enjoy your Mom and give her a big kiss and hug for me!!!
Patrice, I have been thinking about going to weight watchers.. the older I get the fatter I get. This getting older is not for sissys. I go to zumba classes 3 days a week, walk and take yoga but I am the same size. (Not the size I want to be. : 0).
Ladies have a wonderful day! It's sunny here and high 60 today. Yea!
Shirley

Sandy Navas
February 23rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks to everyone for reminding me that I have about 50+ layers of age on this little puny body I once owned . . .

Even dear hubby of mine (who could stand to drop a few pounds) suggested that I try Nutra-Slim or something . . . My body hurts too much to put it through anything strenuous.

I'll share a brief pat on the back. I served in the US Army during the Viet Nam era and when I graduated from basic I was one of THREE who scored perfect on the final physical training program - out of 600!!!!!!!!!! At that time - on my 5' ll" frame I weighed 133 pounds. I almost have another person in me now . . . UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!! But I do have skinny fingers.

toggpine
February 23rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Howdy Ladies!

It is snowing here. I don't think we will get a large accumulation of the stuff, but it is pretty to look at. The sun is poking through now. The sun is warming the surfaces of the leaves and building roofs and now it looks like mini waterfalls in the trees. What weird weather today!

I don't want to talk about diets. It is too depressing. I am far from height/weight proportionate!

I have made some progress on the honey bun blocks. I have all 10 strip sets done and the first one cut into triangles. They suggest that you work with only one strip set at a time, and I think that is wise. It would be bad to get them all mixed up. With all of the distractions at my house, it is very likely to happen too!
My hope is to get them all cut and sewn into blocks today. We'll see how that goes.

You all have a good day!
Cathy

Atlantis
February 23rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hey everyone, how goes things?

Well here in the UK it has been, unfortunately, a typical rainy, black over cast day! At least I didn't get completely drowned today, as I did yesterday lol

Diets and me don't seem to mix too well lol - Shirley - you go girl attending Zumba classes, I've only seen the adverts on TV here for Zumba, it looks extremely energetic and tiring... lol I'm not sure if this form has hit here in the UK yet.

Sandy, I am impressed to score perfect on your physical training programme is fantastic....... I really need to try and get back into exercising, somehow:o

Blondie, I hope your mum is feeling better soon.

Have a great evening guys..

quiltingtrish
February 23rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Oooh Sandy, I know how hard it is to get a perfect score on the PT test. Which is why I never did, but I always passed them. 21 years of passing them. The last 4 or 5 of them though, I had one of DH's co-workers run with me to keep my time so I would make it in time. I sure appreciated that. I still go out every summer and walk at the park and am not too far off my Army time, so I guess I'm doing pretty good at 53.

Ditto for me too - give your Mom a hug from me. I lost my Mom 7 years ago to Parkinson's. What an awful disease. I miss her terribly and still talk to her.

I'm doing more organizing tonight. Check back in later!

Hugs,

Blondie
February 23rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/672a4677.jpg

Hey Ladies!
I had a simply wonderful day. YAY for ME! I sewed, enjoyed my Sis (we watched our favorite serial killer dvd's ~ Dexter~ after we took our chilly, okay COLD walk) and even took Mom this afternoon to get her port flushed out. AND I was back in time to cook for hubs and find time to blog. Okay. Where did this energy come from and why can't I keep it? Is Zumba really the answer??? I think the answer is keeping the tv turned off of anything that is called NEWS. I don't care what media it is, I want to shoot the messenger.

Dear ladies, thank you for your encouragement and support of my relationship with Mom.
I also have known people who can not stand their parents, siblings, and seem perfectly oblivious to their needs. I realize also that not everyone had wonderful parents. I have always felt and still do that it has been a privilege to be their child. I miss my Dad terribly, am still dreaming of him each nite. I have decided that he is the dreamweaver. It's like he is always walking around in the background of my dreams, lol. Like that silly one with Ali and Frazier. Just walking behind them in the background of my dreams.
Sis came with us to the oncology center this afternoon as well. She doesn't always get to go with us. Her hubs had a few appts today so she had the free time. I am hoping that the three of us will be able to go for a nice long drive soon to shop at thrifts. Mom sure passed that gene on to her girls.

Diets. Talk to me about that after Mom's surgery. Right now if it is out or within reach it goes in my mouth. This winter has not been kind to my BMI.
Sandy, I remember those days as well - sadly for me not that long ago. I do believe that stress not only ages you but adds weight. Well, that and shoving junk in my face. And sitting here or at the machine. And shoving chocolate in my face.

Monique, Happy Birthday to your baby. And to you as well. One can never forget that exaltation felt at the last push!
Nancy, good to see you back! You quoted one of my favorite scriptures. I get up each morning and say that!(Psalm 118:24) Like the idea of the last Wed of the month as a UFO. Tell me more about what y'all do!

Trish, sis and I both prayed for you both today, together. As well as for my other sisters here needing an extra touch. Hope that everyone has had as good a day as I have.

Okies, off to do dishes. See y'all in the morning!

janluna
February 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Hello everyone, just a line to say I love you all and send my prayers to those of you facing problems and bad health. You all are such a lift in my day, everyday. It's just so good to know you are out there on the other end of my computer.( grin) I was busy today and didn't have the chance to get on and visit but tomorrow I'll be back on.
Gina sends her love to everyone. She is having a hard time getting on to MSQC. She doesn't know why. She can get on all the other sites she visits. Just not here. I don't know what to tell her to do, except send email to Al or call the store and see if he can help her. I told her a few people have had a hard time including me recently. Talking to Al is the only thing I could figure to tell her. She wanted you all to know she misses you and sends her love to everyone.
Well, I'll close for now and I wish everyone a good evening and a wonderful tomorrow.
Love you all, Jan