PDA

View Full Version : Some days are a waste of lipstick...........

Divine Daisy
June 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I have had quite a few of those days lately but yesterday I dug out and applied the lippy and dusted myself off a bit. Thank you so much to everyone for their support and concern, I am here, back on the track and twice the b*tch and planning to dig deep for energy and a bit of spice.

So glad that Mr D put up the pics of Rebecca's window and that you all liked it. I am having trouble remembering more than the basic in pc ing. Adding pics seems to be something of a mystery after years of doing it without thinking.....awkward.

So here we go, an update of what has been going on in Daisy World.

Heather's quilt has stalled sadly but am hoping to finish it this week or next. I have done two quilting classes now which they seem to be enjoying, although I must say its like herding cats trying to get them to stop 'catching up' with each other and focus. Several of them have been attending a veryyyyyyyyyy expensive quilting class run by someone who has never quilted but 'read up' on it. They emerged from that very discouraged and scared of the whole process. The teacher made everything horribly complicated and scared them half to death. Non of them produced anything useable at all in 7 weeks. So........enter Daisy who told them to forget all that crap and have fun. I took in (please read Mr Daisy carried in) a huge box of my stash and threw them at it to shop. Then I taught them the falling charm block and at the end of one lesson they had a small quilt top almost finished. The smiles were huge and comments of OMG this is soooooo great were being muttered around the room. One lady used my machine because hers died about 5 minutes after she turned it on. She was scared to death of mine but I told her to just sit and sew, she couldn't hurt the machine. By the end of the class I could hear her talking to herself....'I am going to make quilts, sell them and buy this machine'! I laughed so hard. Now........we will brush over that I took to my bed for two days after each class lol. It was worth it and I shared the joy and friendship of quilting which was my deepest wish. I will keep on with the classes as long as I can and they remain interested or until they overtake my skills which watching three or four of them won't take long.

Now for other news........

My eldest daughter called me last night to tell me she is pregnant! She is so happy but very scared and relieved too as it has taken a long time for it to happen. So, I am to be a granny again and this time I will be allowed to be part of this baby's life, to touch, hold,smell and love my grandbaby. Part of me is very afraid that Heather will get the same illness as Sarah did and turn against the world and cut me out of her and the baby's life but Mr D is telling me there is no way in hell that she could do this without her Mam so I am trying to put it out of my mind.

Most importantly I need to get up and get on because I have a miriad of baby quilts and bibs to make. So with a huge smile on my face and a glow in my heart, this is me........up and at em again.

Thanks again to everyone, especially those who got to the end of this longggggggggg post!

Doloris
June 11th, 2013, 08:20 AM
so glad to hear from you Mrs D. I have missed your stories. Sounds like you have been having some problems along the way, but just keep plugging along. You are a treasure to teach those girls the joys of quilting and they will become great quilters I have no doubt. Sooooooooo happy to hear about the new baby coming, and Mr D is right, this one will know its gramma.
Just take life one day at a time and enjoy the ride.

WVGranny
June 11th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Dear Daisy it sounds as if you have had more than your share of pitfalls, but now as a new baby is on the way it will give you that push you might need to keep going, so glad you shared your experience with new quilters and gave them something so very special you have a good day and put that lipstick on everyday

rebeccas-sewing
June 11th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Well, how wonderful to see a post from one of my favorite people in this world. I wish we were closer distance-wise so I could team teach with you. Wouldn't that be fun??? Congrats on the news of your daughter's pregnancy. I think it highly unlikely that Heather will experience the same problems as Sarah. Thanks for posting. We've missed you! Hi to Mr. D.

Blondie
June 11th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Happy Day! I am so very pleased to see you here that I just want to jump and shout Heckfire Shoot! Wonderful news about the new grand to be. And oh my dear, dear Divine Daisy, I can just envision you teaching a bunch of scared biddies some quilting classes. Only you could really show them what F-U-N is all about.
Hugs, blessings and loads of smiles
Blondie

HandsOffItsMine
June 11th, 2013, 08:52 AM
How exciting to hear that you and Stewart will be new Oma and Opa's again. :D Don and I say "Congrats" with great love! Definitely the push you need to put the Wind beneath you Wings...

Your story of your class makes me laugh, I wish you could video your sessions. Actually Mr. D should, because we could all learn from you!

Prayers, healing light from Georgia...Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt, Miss Penny, Oliver and Zander

Poppytree
June 11th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Welcome back Miss Daisy - I've missed you and your stories. Great news about your new grandbaby. Happy quilting

MayinJerset
June 11th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Oh, Miss Daisy, So glad that your are up and at em again, we've missed your smiling face around these parts. Keep up the quilt classes, you have lots of knowledge to share with those ladies as well as a sprinkle of fun and imagination to make it the best learning experience in their lives.

Wonderful news about the new baby on the way, May in Jersey

nana margaret
June 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Many congratulations on the news from your daughter, having this new little grandchild to love in person will hopefully ease some of the sadness you must feel at not being involved with your other one. Your classes sound like great fun, everyone learns better when they are relaxed, sounds like the other one was horrible, no wonder they're enjoying yours!
Hope you have more good days than bad and you can get on with making gorgeous baby things.:icon_bigsmile:

lilmouse
June 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
So glad to "hear" from you; I have really missed you and was getting concerned and then Mr. D posted and I felt a little better but still concerned...I know your health isn't what you wish it to be...hopefully the new baby on the way will help allot.....keeping you in my heart and in my prayers...hugs..Susie

CrazyMtnLady
June 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Nice to see you again. Congratulations on the upcoming new grandbaby.

pcbatiks
June 11th, 2013, 10:09 AM
So good to see your post this morning, Ms Daisy! We don't care how long the post is.........just happy to hear from you. :icon_bigsmile: I know you are thrilled with your quilting class.........so happy that you were able to take a group of discouraged ladies and show them how easy and fun quilting can be. That must have been a fun class.............your students muttering happily and you beaming with happiness!

Congraulations to you & your daughter on her pregnancy..............wishing her all the best.

So happy for you..........have fun teaching your classes and planning quilts for the grandbaby on the way.

Sandy Navas
June 11th, 2013, 10:10 AM
My wonderful, dear and cherished friend. You have just made me happier than a pig in mud.
http://www.inkcinct.com.au/web-pages/cartoons/past/2007/2007-259-happy-ecstatic.jpg

I've been hanging around, waiting for you to resurface and catch us up on happenings in Yorkshire! See, all those mental pulls I've been issuing have worked!! HAPPY DAY, Daisy is back!!!!!!!

Love your quilting shop adventures. And gonna be grandma again!!!! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Gives me hope that you will be fighting a whole lot harder!!!! Congratulations on all fronts!!!!

grannyann
June 11th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Such a pleasure to hear from you again. Like everyone else I also miss your stories. I am sorry to hear you are having some down days but at the same time I know that new grandbaby is going to make your heart swell with joy. One day at a time Miss Daisy.
I wish for you more good days then not .

Jean Sewing Machine
June 11th, 2013, 10:19 AM
OMG, it is so good to read your post! Love the stories about the quilt class, but I'm sorry it wears you out so much. Hope those new quilters will continue to have fun and for that lady who likes your machine, one of our members is selling a great Janome that she should consider!

And how wonderful that Heather is expecting! I know she is away for a while, hopefully that won't complicate things for her! And I'm sure the quilt will be finished when she returns, along with lots of baby things, burp cloths, etc, etc, etc. Maybe even a stuffed teddy or two to grace her beautiful room--did you notice I said her? Whoa, Jean, don't make assumptions!

Please continue to check in as you are able, we love you and missed you dearly in your absence! And we love hearing your stories of the new quilters, the quilts you are building and just anything, even about the cats!

aliaslaceygreen
June 11th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Oh, Daisy. It is SO good to hear from you. Congrats on the baby!! And for spreading the love of quilting as well....Just remember, take Daisy time too!!

SuzyQue
June 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
What a treat to hear from you today! Been missing you! Thanks for sharing your quilting class story and your good news! Take care of you!

Madeforyouinma11
June 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
DAISY!!!!! It's so good to hear from you! I was really missing your stories and worrying about you. Love your quilting story. I'm so jealous of all the ladies taking your class, wish I could be there too. Congrats on the new grand baby! My daughter just had a little girl 11 days ago and it is my second grand baby but more like my first, because just like you not being able to see your granddaughter, I don't get to see my grandson who is now 6. Anyway, please keep us posted on your classes and check in when you can to give us a story or two. Rest when you can. ((((Hugs)))) and prayers to you and Mr. D.

EsGrandma
June 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Sooooo good to hear from you! We've all missed you a lot!!!

Tanya D
June 11th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Hello Daisy! So nice to "see" you!

Congratulations on the new grandbaby on the way. That is such wonderful news.

toggpine
June 11th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I will add my congratulations to the others on the new grand baby!
What a great way for you to handle the gals who had a bad initial quilting experience. I've had the "book learnt" type instructors before and they are less than engaging. I prefer experienced instructors every time, especially the ones who make it fun and exciting to learn!

I do hope you will continue to check in with us, or make Mr. D do it. (We love him too!)
Big hugs to you both!
Cathy

auntiemern
June 11th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I couldn't express my happiness in seeing you post any more than Sandy has. You have truly made my day. Oh how I would love to take a class from you. I can just imagine how much fun you make it. Congrats as well on the soon to be grand baby. Keep us informed as best you can, and know you are loved, and in my thoughts and prayers. ((((((Daisy))))))

WendyI
June 11th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Welcome back DD!! I have been wondering where you got off to! So happy for you and a new grandbabe coming your way that you'll actually get to enjoy! Maybe this will make your other DD come to her senses? I missed Mr. D's post so I'm off to find it...but ((((HUGS))) that things are getting better for you!! xox

K. McEuen
June 11th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Glad to hear from you and to know the classes are going well. As for the lady that wants to buy a machine, tell her that you know where she can get a 12000 for a good price.

Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby! Tell Heather to sign a contract saying she won't turn into a shrew like her sister beforehand. (shrew was the nicest thing I could think to call her)

kensington
June 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I love reading about your class. LOL. I know what you mean, when I teach, be it quilt piecing, cooking, or scrapbooking, it's hard to keep the students from "wandering" to the pretty colors. Like, right in mid sentence... they see something shiney... "Oh.. what is that". I feel you there!

But, I am happy for you the fulfillment that you are getting from it. I've heard it said, that those who can't teach... but I believe those who DO... teach. The best teachers are not those who read about it, but those who got their hands down into a project and saw it to completion, and maybe more than once!

I love that you are teaching... Passing down the art of quilt making. In a world of people who want to just buy something quick, you are teaching them to slow down, make something and have it for a long time!

Congratulations too Gramma! Have fun with that! Praying all goes well and the baby is healthy an happy!

Bubby
June 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Do I ever agree that some days just aren't worth the lipstick! Congratulations on becoming a Grandma again. I pray this experience will give you everything you missed with your first grandchild. Some day it will all come around and be good. Hugs, Barb

Monique
June 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Daisy, it is great to see you here again. I would love to take one of your classes. Video tape one for sure. And what wonderful news about a new baby that you will get to hold and spoil. Heather will need and want you with her through this whole process. Just wait and see.

Take care,
Monique
xoxoxo

NanaB
June 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Daisy, it is great to hear from you. A hearty CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby. It is so exciting to have a new baby in the family. I know you will be the best grandmum in the UK!!! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Well enough to teach quilting classes! WOW! Those ladies are so lucky to have you sharing your talent with them. We've missed you and so glad that you are back.

ilive2craft2
June 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Oh Miss Daisy, so happy to hear from you! We have missed you so! Love the stories about the quilting class - videotaping would be a great idea!!! Those ladies are so lucky to have you as a teacher - I am green with envy!!

Congrats on the new grand baby. Keep planning quilts and other sewing things. Pop in and update us as often as possible - we love hearing from you!

Mpyles
June 11th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Glad you are back daisy! I missed you!

mom4him
June 11th, 2013, 07:54 PM
How fun it would be to teach that class OR be in it! You are doing great!
How awesome to have a grand baby coming. I have 8 grand kids but non of them have been from birth so we have missed all of that process. Enjoy!

MRoy
June 11th, 2013, 11:54 PM
It's great to hear from you Ms. Daisy and with such wonderful news too! Congratulations on your sewing classes and especially on the new grandbaby!!

Sew Perfect
June 12th, 2013, 12:03 AM
I am so glad things are going so well.

phoots
June 12th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Daisy, I'm so glad to hear from you! Glad to hear you seem to be fine! As I've probably said before, I love hearing from you!

Pam in Vegas

Musical_Starling
June 12th, 2013, 01:08 AM
What fabulous news! Don't use up all of that lipstick just yet gramma, you'll need some to plaster all over that little baby's sweet cheeks! :D