PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Hellos

Blondie
June 11th, 2013, 07:11 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies!

I have it on the best local authority on the weather, my husband, that it will not be rainy today. Hallelujah. It is absolutely soggy outside. I am happy that we did get most of the plants we dug up in the ground before the bottom fell out last week. Oh, the daylilies are so very happy with room to spread their roots, water to get tipsy on and just bloom happily.

Yesterday afternoon hubs called me into the kitchen. He didn't have to direct my view to see four very young grey fox playing away. Their momma showed up eventually and they all did somersaults over her. I have never seen that many fox in my yard before. We stood in the kitchen at least 10 minutes just watching them play. It was too far away to get any good photos. Who wouldn't enjoy observing uninhibited fun after a dreary morning?

Hubs will hopefully be heading out the door in a few minutes. I know he will be happy to be shed of me for a few hours. Off to read a bit. Many hugs to each here. Lots of smiles, affection and you must know that is always with a very thankful heart that I am able to say that MSQC is my family.

Blondie

pcbatiks
June 11th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Hi Blondie...........can't believe I'm awake as early as you are! Woke up hungry and had to get up. That must have been fun watching the little foxes play in your yard. Hope everyone has a good day today.

Monique
June 11th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Good morning. Would you believe we have rain today. And my knee hurts like heckfire shoot. I did get a tote finished yesterday. This one has a zipper and 10 pockets on the inside and 4 on the outside. Turned out pretty good. This one is mine. It took me just about all of the day to do it.

I think today I will sit with my knee at rest cause it just hurts today.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Granny Judy
June 11th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Good Morning.... I'm UP, I'M UP......... Slept thru the night, too. So the Ol Lady is Normal again with her sleep habits. (Finally is all I gotta say)

I love watchin' Mama Nature's wild life. We have a rabbit (or two) and Chip-monks and a Squirrel that comes to the bird feeder in the front yard every day.. It's fun to watch them and the birds via for the "food". And WE HAVE HUMMERS!! They buzz-bomb me getting to their feeder when I sit on the back patio.

Yup, this is a great time of the year for watchin Life Unfold. Lucky you, Blondie!!

Got a friend stopping by today that is a "sewer" too!! She retired this year and has found time to drop by for a visit. We love our machines, too. Can't wait since she has some of her "flowers" to share ... Brings me starts and bulbs!! I gotta figure out where to plant them.

Grabbing an extra cuppa and getting this day started. Hugs and grins going out to all.

Blondie
June 11th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Monique, I feel your pain! All the rain, and the coolness in the early morning and evening have made me ache like the dickens. I mean ache in each and every joint of hands, knees, toes even! I don't like taking OTC or meds of any kind but I have resorted to taking a few ibuprofen to ease it.
Pam, how pleasant to find you up and at 'em so early. I need to find something to eat myself, probably just some toast. Although I did spy some leftover lemon bars . . . wicked good with coffee. hmmmm

Bubby
June 11th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Good Morning,

I stayed up into the wee hours to finish my summer quilt. I will post a picture later. I still have some PICU quilts to bind.

It's going to be hot here today and we shouldn't have any rain for a day or so. DH will be leaving for work in a few minutes. The sunrise this morning was super colorful. I have to make a brief trip to WalMart this morning.

I hope this is a great day for everyone. Hugs All Around...Barb

Shirley
June 11th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Blondie! Hope all is well with you, Luscious, Mom and all other family!

Iris Girl
June 11th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Good morning all. It is soggy today but not raining atm, I think it will be scattered showers and t-storms today. I have to work. Picked up some new specs yesterday so I can see clearly now. Not sure if thats good or bad LOL . Car is still in the shop so I get to take hubbys to work... Working on a table runner for my dresser in pinks, creams and browns. Its called weave it to me it looks like ribbons woven in between each other so pretty. Hopefully my car will be ready to pick up when I get home. Other then that nothing new.Hugs and smiles for all that need and want them.

MayinJerset
June 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Enjoying the sunshine after so much rain. Never got to spray the weeds before the rains came and now they are really high and some are sprouiing flowers. Oh well, we will get them out some day soon.

Think DH and I will head out for some grocery shopping this morning and a few errands along the way. Hope to visit my friend Mary this afternoon but need to find out how she is feeling and if she will be home. Haven't seen her in awhile as she has some medical problems recently that have kept her going back and forth to the doctors and then to labs for testing. We've been keeping in touch by phone as she is completely worn out after those sessions.

Feeling the aches and pains of all that have them due to the damp rainy weather. 2 Advil usually do the trick for me but I've had to resort to my RX pills a few times last week - really don't like them as they upset my stomach. I'm enjoying no aches right now so I'm thankful that the day has begun on a good note.

Texsam
June 11th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Good morning! Sorry to hear about all the aches and pain. Hope y'all get some relief soon. Our rain is probably over with for a long while. It's the time of year when the blast furnace is turned on here in Texas. Well off to work I go, everyone have a great day.

CrazyMtnLady
June 11th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone. It is going to be another bright, sunny and HOT DAY here. It was 90* yesterday. I have been pretty busy around here and not on here much in the last few days. I am cleaning and rearranging a storage tent so that I can clean out the cargo trailer. Daniel said when he comes home he will be bringing a load of things and then we probably have to take the cargo trailer back up to Lansing to bring home more. It is so hot that I can only do so much and then I have to cool down before starting in again. I did get the deck cleaned off and have done some outside work. I think Daniel will be pleased with the way things look when he gets home, which will not be for a couple weeks at least. It was nice having the peace and quiet for a week or so but I am really starting to miss that old poop!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

GinnyKNC
June 11th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Good Morning :) The sky is blue, the sun is shinning and the birds are singing! Looks like it's going to be a great day. I feel the same aches with all the rain but I'm going to try and think of the sunshine and forget the aches. I really need to finish up my nieces quilt so I can get onto all the baby quilts, receiving blankets and burp cloths. I also have my moms new quilt and some day I'll actually get to some of the ones I want lol. I was so sick yesterday that I didn't sew at all but I do plan on doing that today! I hope everyone has a blessed day. Prayers and hugs to those in need

SallyO'Sews
June 11th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the smile! :D

((((BLONDIE))))

Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Sandy Navas
June 11th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Hey, it's like a party here every day!! So happy to see you . . . one of the grandkids used to say that . . . "So happy to see you, Nana".

Back to sewing this morning. I worked on a prototype for a 'box' that DD wants (actually has requested five or six in different sizes). I've decided the best way will be to serge the inside seams - otherwise it is a mess trying to get the lining and outside 'bonded' to the craft stabilizer. And I had several little bodies sitting on the floor sorting ribbons and lace. Zoe even made a "Zoe pile" that she hid away. I did make some progress on my VA charity quilt and have almost decided on the final lay out for my D9P. I have so many projects in the fire. I don't know how anyone can stay focused and finish one . . . especially in a day or over-night. This old body needs to get super-charged.

And with that I'll fade into the woodwork and try to make sense of the overcast day that awaits me. Supposed to be hot today but I can't see the sun out so who knows.

Oh, it was a breath of fresh air to hear from our wonderful DD this morning. You keep on trucking, and keep on stitching.

Mom23
June 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Good Morning All,

Can't believe I slept in this morning. I have company coming for dinner tonight, hope I don't spend the day trying to get caught up.

Last night I had a little sewing class for a couple of 20 year old girls. They wanted to make t-shirt quilts, which I have never made. We all watched the MS*C tutorial in advance so that helped. Fortunately they knew a teensy bit about the use of a sewing machine. After cutting and ironing they didn't get to sew much but we I think they will be fairly comfortable behind the machine. It was a great evening but it wore me out!

I'm heading out to mow before it gets too hot. Have a wonderful day!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 11th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone! Looks like I'm the last one up again nothing new about that. LOL I am off for about an 45 minute drive to meet my mom. We are going to check out a new quilt shop in our area. Then to meet my dad for lunch. He will then take my mom home with him while I go look for a new tub and flooring for our guest bath. Ugh! Hope you all have a great day! :icon_bigsmile:

rebeccas-sewing
June 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Oh man, I wish I could've seen those foxes playing. I've never seen a baby fox! I bet they are super cute. Lucky you.

sally
June 11th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Good morning all! We are expecting thunder storms this afternoon so I need to get my you know what in gear and get some laundry on the line. I love the smell of fresh sun dried laundry...just one of my summer joys. I too am achy this morning but only because I over did it yesterday. I took a new fitness class and thought is was go to be about abs and toning...NOPE...50 mins of pure aerobics and then because I am a gluten for punishment I went swimming after. Paying for it now. House cleaning day today as well....UGH!
I was at the fabric store on the weekend and there was hanging the most adorable quilt with appliqued flip flops. The pattern was free and it is a great way to use up those odd shape pieces of material we hang on to 'just in case". I have 10 of 20 blocks done. Well I will have my coffee now and then get at it!

Enjoy your day!

SuzyQue
June 11th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I learned a new technique at a sewing class last week, so I have been busy shirring fabric. I finished a summer nightgown last night. It was fun, easy, and so rewarding to see simple gingham turn into beautiful "smocked" fabric. My DD has many ideas and plans swirling in her head to use this new stitch! I better get on those pj's she needs for summer. It is cloudy here today, but hot already. Might have to turn on the ac. I believe summer might be here......now if it could only dry out so hubby can finish his farming!! Oh, and hay on the ground, so please no rain for 3 days!

aliaslaceygreen
June 11th, 2013, 11:41 AM
good morning!! (And YES, it is STILL AM as I type this, for the first time in forever, it seems.

Had a good day with Laylabug yesterday, but wow, I think we are heading for those terrible twos! She is getting to be a bit of a handful, pouring on those big, blue innocent eyes as she defies you.... lol

Another layer of paint on the vanity and on me. Must jump into the shower and head off to work in a few....

Take care, all, and take this (((((((((HUG)))))))))))))....do with it what you will!!

Sandy Navas
June 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Oh man, I wish I could've seen those foxes playing. I've never seen a baby fox! I bet they are super cute. Lucky you.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/28ulO1bwfAc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Madeforyouinma11
June 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Good morning! Well it's not raining here either but very soggy like many have mentioned. We are supposed to get more rain later..ugh, I need it to not rain for at least two days so we won't have to worry about our basement. Oh well, all is good at the moment.
Today I will be finishing up my cushion covers for my patio chairs. I'm not so happy with the first set that I made but I think it's because of the cushion itself. It's just poly batting, but it's very old, so I think I will just get new this weekend with my $10 coupon at Joann's. Also hoping to make a table cover with the leftover fabrics.
Hope everyone has a good day. Prayers and hugs to all.

WendyI
June 11th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Mornin all! Well the early bird catches the worm....I wonder what the late bird catches? That always seems to be me so I am curious!

Not much new here...the sun has disappeared again...gettin pretty tired of rain! But our water table is nice and high and my gardens are lush so who can complain?

Work is boring once again. uhg. REALLY needs to pick up around here...this is NOT enjoyable! Days move by soooo sloooooowwww I hate it. I have a ton of research to do for a system upgrade but man...it's like torture reading it! Being a VERY visual person, reading this stuff is a nightmare for me and I really struggle! Can't make the connection between what I'm reading and what it does in the system for some reason. It's awful! Maybe I'm just not good at my job!? LOL!

toggpine
June 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Good Morning!
We are supposed to get showers this evening, and it would be nice. I'm not really complaining, but I'd like to not have to water the gardens myself for a day or two.

I finished weeding the veggie beds yesterday, now to decide what goes in the front one. I have a bit more work in the blueberry bed, but my back and knee said enough was enough.
I tried to sew yesterday, and I should have just stuck to prepping projects. I now have to unsew half of what I did. Grrr! I just stuffed that project in a heap and will get to it someday closer to never. I'm supposed to have a quilt group meeting tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'll go. I may and take my small cutting mat if my mini-tumbler arrives today.

Well, I need to go check the garden for thirsty plants & get ready to head out the door for work.
You all have a fantastic day and find a way to be the reason someone smiles!
Hugs, Cathy

middlesis1966
June 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Good heavens why would the unemployment site be down for maintenance during the day, grrr. It took me almost 3 hours to get my claim in. So my day is pretty much wasted, grrr! They email me all kinds of tips on job searches, interview tips, and resume help. Why oh why couldn't they email a little diddy out that the site was going to be down due to maintenance. Good Gravy I'm not the only person who had to certify today! Ok rant done, feel so much better.
Since my day was ruined so to say, looks like I'm going to do a little bit of sewing, then it's on to bunco for me. Heard a few thunder booms, but not much other then that. Enjoy your day all!