PDA

View Full Version : Update on DH

RFREE
June 10th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. MY DH had his colonoscopy and done just fine. The Dr said he was restless during the test but he has no issues at all and can go 8 years instead of 3 from now on. YEA!!! He still refuses to have the sleep study but our 14 yr old DD is working on him. I know how life threatening it can be and have wanted him to have it for several years now with no luck. I am tempted to let him read about all of you that posted the good that has come out of you having the CPAP and see if that helps. I will keep trying though.
Funny thing happened while we were waiting for him to return my DD looked up and seen my Bestfriend rolling down the hall on a gurney. She was as shocked to see my DD as she was to see her there. I ran into her husband in the lobby and she was having an endoscopy.I will be calling her tonight for sure.
Thanks again.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

cyndiofthevortex
June 10th, 2013, 06:23 PM
So glad to hear that all went well!

Monique
June 10th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I am glad all went well Rhonda.

ilive2craft2
June 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I am glad that all went well Rhonda. Hope all is well with your friend too!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 10th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Glad everything is OK.

Over40momma
June 10th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Rhonda, I am so pleased to hear this good news. Thank you for letting us know and will keep your DH in my prayers for his stubbornness on the sleep study.

pcbatiks
June 10th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the update Rhonda...........I've been thinking about you both today. So happy everything went well today!

K. McEuen
June 10th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Glad everything turned out well in the end. (a little colonoscopy humor)

Now smack him around and make him go for the sleep study.

Musical_Starling
June 10th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Glad to hear everything went well. The offer still stands though, I WILL walk to Kentucky. And after that colonoscopy, the swift kick in the butt is going to have a little extra bite :icon_heh:

WendyI
June 10th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Glad to hear everything went well. The offer still stands though, I WILL walk to Kentucky. And after that colonoscopy, the swift kick in the butt is going to have a little extra bite :icon_heh:

DEE! Right behindjya chickeetah! That man needs a whoopin!

You're more than welcome to share my story with him. I HATE my CPAP machine...and I will never, EVER give it up! It gave me my life back!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 10th, 2013, 11:10 PM
So glad all is well. If anyone can convince a dad they should do something its his little girl. (I know because I am a daddy's girl) ;)

Musical_Starling
June 11th, 2013, 12:39 AM
So glad all is well. If anyone can convince a dad they should do something its his little girl. (I know because I am a daddy's girl) ;)

So funny you say that, reminds me of a story (I am also Daddy's Girl). When I was little (probably around 5 or so) my Dad went for a medical checkup for his insurance and his blood pressure was so high the doctor was surprised that he didn't have a heart attack right then and there. So they rushed him to the hospital and did some more tests and told him that he was in deep trouble if he didn't make some lifestyle changes soon (he's since had six heart attacks and three or four stents placed, but we won't talk about that lol). Anyway, with me being so little I didn't understand what was going on, but the doctor knew that the way to a Daddy's heart was through his little girl, so he took me aside (made sure I was by myself) and told me that my Dad was under NO circumstances allowed to have "bad" food and salt anymore. So all of the Newfie staples, bologna, vienna sausages, blood pudding, ALL had to go. I told the doctor I would help him keep my daddy healthy and promised I would make sure he stayed away from that stuff. So I come home and drag the garbage can over to the fridge and start tossing almost everything in the garbage lol Mom (of course) finds me and starts yelling "What are you doing?!? That's our food!" and then she finds out exactly what I'm up to when I start crying my heart out and saying "But the doctor told me to and I don't want my daddy to dieeeeee!!!" :icon_giggle: Still one of Mom's favourite stories to tell about when I was a kid lol

auntiemern
June 11th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Glad to hear everything is good.

rebeccas-sewing
June 11th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Always nice to hear some good news. What a relief, right?

Evilynn
June 11th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Glad it went just fine!

Granny Judy
June 11th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Glad you all got some GOOD news... Let the dust settle a little, then get the Sleep study done.. My SonIL fought it like a tiger, but when he gave up and got it done, He is a new MAN.. And loves the way he feels after getting His CPAP. Hates it too, but won't give it up!!