PDA

View Full Version : SO EXCITED!!! Getting a brand New travel trailer!!

WendyI
June 10th, 2013, 01:53 PM
So the weekend started out HORRIBLE! I was told I would have to not only share my office but that I would have to move as well to another space! So inefficient and the older I get the less I find I'm able to adapt to change!! They were not listening to our concerns about certain equipment and it was very frustrating and extremely stressful. So Friday I woke with a brutal tension headache. For those who have them they are as bad as migraines just don't get the aura...I do vomit tho. :icon_rolleyes: So called in sick and spent most of the day in a drug induced sleep. Then later in the day received an email that I will get to keep my office and won't have to share! :D

Friday night we prepped our trailer to take it in on Saturday for an appraisal. The one I wanted was sold. :( BUT! they had the same one in a higher end trim package and my DH said, well lets see what they will give us for the trade. Long story short we pick up our new model on the 18th! :D:D Ours was 22 feet and only two years old so we got a really good deal on the trade. I love ours but the bed is on a slide and I have to climb over the dinette to get into the bed and then crawl to the top. With my arthritis that is difficult and is only going to get worse! So I need a bed that I can walk around. The new trailer is 28 feet with side slides and has the walk around master bed and....a FIREPLACE!! I think it's totally ridiculous but apparently it can also provide heat so I'm okay with it! LOL! I'm very excited and can't WAIT to go "camping" in it...should just call it traveling really....only thing that makes it camping really is the smores on a fire! LOL Sadly, I don't have any pics. :(

Sunday I went on a cleaning binge....I LOVE my house when it's all sparkly and clean!! (I work full-time so it doesn't happen very often! LOL!) So! overall it was a nice, weekend in spite of starting out badly, and now I have something exciting to look forward to aside from my CA trip!

ilive2craft2
June 10th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Woo Hoo! That weekend sure took a turn for the better!!! I like your idea of camping - I am trying to talk my DH into it, but since we bought a lake house with his sister, not sure if we should. I say life is too short and we need to get out there and enjoy it!! :)

Can't wait to see pics of the new trailer. :) Lisa

Granny Judy
June 10th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I am so happy for you... No moving your office and a grand camper to relax in. WTG!! Think of me when you are enjoying those S'mores!!

K. McEuen
June 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
For some reason a fireplace in a trailer scares the hell out of me ...

cindyinohio
June 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Sounds like a great way to end a headache!! We camp too. For the past ten years we"ve had a permanent space on the Hocking River. We've been the joke of the camp area becoz we kept trading up in campers...started with a 28', went to a 30',then a 40 ' 5th wheel witn 4 slides, then down to 28' becoz "we were going to travel", Now we have a 40' park model with 2 slides,and a "fire place". We love this one and can't see giving it up...altho all our friends tell us this is dusty so its time to trade. But...we did but a 32' Class 3 motor home (used) to travel in that we've only used once. My husband says the 28' trailors/5th wheels are the best to pull ,so have lots of fun!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 10th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Wow that sure beats a pup tent in the back of a station wagon, the way we used to camp. Now my camping days are few and far between and only when a hotel is not an option! Have fun enjoy the " amenities" you are bringing with you!

WendyI
June 10th, 2013, 04:44 PM
For some reason a fireplace in a trailer scares the hell out of me ...

LOL! Karen. It's an electric fireplace, not a real one. So not much danger of any issues. I'm actually more nervous with propane use and the potential for CO2 issues.

Cindy...that is a crazy number of trades you've done there! LOL! That motor home is my DREAM retirement life! sigh. For now we will tow but eventually we will likely settle into a campground somewhere. Ohio is not that far from us! Ima go look up your camp ground....maybe we'll visit you next year and you can take me fer a spin in that there fancy motor home!! LOL!

My tenting days are OVER! The last time I tented we had a brand new tent AND air mattress...BOTH leaked! We had a torrential downpour that first night and almost drowned...we left and went home the next day! LOL! NO MORE TENTS!!

I'm gonna drive you guys nuts talking about this for the next week!!

WendyI
June 10th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Cindy...whats the name of your camp ground! Or do you not want me to know? ;)

Monique
June 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Wendy, I am happy that your weekend went better than expected. Have fun 'camping'. Coming out this way?

laf512
June 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Thats great you don't have to move offices! How exciting on the travel trailer! We are contemplating getting one. It sounds like so much fun, but we just aren't sure how often we would be able to get away and use it!

K. McEuen
June 10th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Okay, an electric fireplace sounds much better. Propane doesn't seem to bother me much, but I've always cooked with it outside on the back of a tailgate. Does the new trailer have one of those cookstoves that folds out on the outside? I always thought that would be cool, to have your burners right there if you were grilling.

WendyI
June 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I am so happy for you... No moving your office and a grand camper to relax in. WTG!! Think of me when you are enjoying those S'mores!!

I will DEF. Have S'mores for in your honour!

WendyI
June 10th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Wendy, I am happy that your weekend went better than expected. Have fun 'camping'. Coming out this way?

Monique...I would LOVE to travel in Quebec. It is bar-none one of our most beautiful provinces. Just outside of I think Trois Riviers (sp?) there is a place to go whale watching...I think it's there?? anyway...hope to do that in the next few years.

WendyI
June 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Okay, an electric fireplace sounds much better. Propane doesn't seem to bother me much, but I've always cooked with it outside on the back of a tailgate. Does the new trailer have one of those cookstoves that folds out on the outside? I always thought that would be cool, to have your burners right there if you were grilling.

It does! Has a portable Coleman stove that slides out the side and has a propane hookup direct to the trailer or you can put one of those wee tanks on it and take it to the beach! It also has an outside small bar fridge with a pull-out tray. We debated the outdoor kitchen but with only one kid, we'd likely never use it. I can hardly contain myself! What's funny too is my DH is equally excited I think! LOL! And it was a HARD sell to get him to buy the first trailer! I think he has the bug now tho! It's really the perfect combination of mechanics, fire, and food that sucks the boys in. Me I love it all, but mostly the people I'm hoping to meet! I LOVE meeting new people! Can't WAIT!

Mpyles
June 10th, 2013, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=LOL! Karen. It's an electric fireplace, not a real one. So not much danger of any issues. I'm actually more nervous with propane use and the potential for CO2 issues. /QUOTE]

The camper should be equipped with a co2 monitor/alarm. Enjoy!! I love recreation camping!!

RFREE
June 10th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Great way to end a weekend for sure! We have an older model class c camper. Has some water damage and isn't the best looking RV in the campground but me and my DD just love it. We affectionately call it "THE BIG OL ROLLING TIRD!" We have made so many good memories in this camper but I would love to be able to afford a new one with slide outs. But like I told my DH just this weekend we are just as happy in the tird as we would be in something else. The last time I was in a tent I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. This was 16 years ago in the smokey mountains. I don't think I have been in one since.I know the tent had nothing to do with me losing the baby but I think we gave up on sleeping on the ground after that LOL. Enjoy your camper and Please post pictures!!!! I.....We wanna seeeeee!!!
Oh yea get ready to come down and kick my old mans butt because he is still refusing to have a sleep study done even for our daughter. I don't know what to do:(
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

Bubby
June 10th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Have you heard of the term 'glamping' ... it's glamorous camping and that sounds like what you will be doing...congratulations! I'm not really a camper....my daily life in the country is enough roughing it for me! If I see one more snake this year I may pack up my quilts and move in with Lorie in Hawaii.

auntiemern
June 11th, 2013, 12:44 AM
So happy for you on both accounts. That is my idea of camping to. We have 28 ft travel trailer we keep at Lake of the Ozarks. Will be heading down there the middle of July for a week. Of course I will be taking my machine. DH fishes and I sew.

Evilynn
June 11th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Wow, that sounds good! And you dont even have to share your office that's so nice! And I love how you describe your trailer, post pictures of it when you can! :D

SallyO'Sews
June 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
So happy for you! I think you should visit New England... we have some lovely campgrounds in Connecticut and western Massachusetts!! :icon_wave:

WendyI
June 11th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I guess I'm gonna have to start a thread on here for all us folks who do have campers...it's awesome there are so many of us!! I've been bugging the manufacturer (Coachmen) to put picks up of our unit! They have only floor plans! >:( So anyway...here is a pic of at least that much! LOL! This one tho is not our model...we have the higher trim pkg.

Sally - I would LOVE to go to New England and it's only about 7 hours from us!

Marilyn...Lake of the Ozarks looks AMAZING!! A bit of a jaunt for us yet tho....about 14hours. lol. But some day!!

I'm pushing the dealer to release it this week instead of Tuesday next week!! Fingers crossed everyone!!

MartinaG
June 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on the upgrade. It sounds lovely. Congratulations also on keeping your office. Glad the headache left. I get tension headaches (and I clench my teeth which makes them worse, so I know what you are describing.)

kensington
June 11th, 2013, 07:12 PM
How many does it sleep? What's a double over double? Are those beds?

phoots
June 12th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Wendy, how exciting! My ex and I had a travel trailer once. We bought it in California right before we moved to Alabama. We took 3 weeks to drive there and camped all the way! So much fun! Now I don't have a trailer and I wish I did; of course I'll have to get a job first...after I finish school!! hehehe I used to love camping! Have fun!!

Pam in Vegas

ChristineB
June 12th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Wendy, congrats on the new camper!!!! I'm so excited for you! You are going to love it!!
We bought our camper last August and really love it. We went on a couple of short trips last year and 1 short weekender in May but I'm really looking forward to this summer with it. Ours is also a Coachmen, it's a Freedom Express. We looked at the one you have but decided to go for the one with the 3 bunks in the back (for the grandkids). What dealer did you get it from? (We went to MANY dealers last year, before we doing the right one for us).