PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday. It's Raining. Smile Anyway.

Blondie
June 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM

Happy Monday Folksies

It's been a very rainy weekend and here it is Monday raining again. Hubs is supposed to start his part time summer job today but can't because of rain. Good grief. I love the big man. He still gives me butterflies in my tummy. But lawd have mercy! After two weeks of tete-a-tete due to rain, he is looking more of a pain in the tushie than a fluttering in my tummy.

I posted on Friday and looked that evening so I could read but could never find it. Don't know where it went to. Sighs. I have been offline since Friday night and may be offline today and possibly tomorrow. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, so you don't send out the army.

Big blessings to each of you. Be sure to never let a day go by without telling those you love how much they mean to you. Don't let silly little disagreements turn into mind blowing mountains. Love truly does cover a multitude of sin.

Bubby
June 10th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Good Morning,

It's a cloudy morning her today. We had heavy rain yesterday again. We had friends stop for a visit yesterday...it was great to see them again.

I plan to go to the old house this morning and continue with the painting. We got nothing done there this weekend. It's supposed to be in the 90s later this week and today looks like my last cool day. If I do a little bit every day eventually it will be done.

Wishing everyone a great Monday...Smile! Smile! Smile!

Monique
June 10th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning Blondie and Bubby. Another beautiful day in store here. We had a beautiful day yesterday. Hubby, Jersey and I went for along drive to get away from the motorcycles invading the town. AND I live next door to the hotel where the event was held. Oye, Oye. We stopped at a little road side place that makes really good baked beans. We have been tooting up a storm. LOL!!

3 more sleeps until we pick the kids up at the airport and take Jersey home. She has been a wonderful dog, but I will be glad when she goes home. AND NO I will NEVER own a dog, sorry.

I think I may make myself a tote today. All the fabric samples I got on the weekend are for the most part 100% cotton but they seem to be material for sofas. That is ok, they are not heavy and should make really nice totes. I think I can still use them in quilting and they have been scotch guarded and preshrunk too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RUBY. She turns 25 today. ;)

Have a wonderful day friends.

MRoy
June 10th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning! It's raining here too. It started yesterday afternoon with thunderstorms, now it's just summer rain. All day meeting at work today with potluck lunch, ugh! I've got things I need to be working on and I have to be careful of potluck if I want to lose weight. A bright spot today will be a haircut this afternoon. Boy, do I ever need one!

Wishing all a Marvelous Monday!

Evilynn
June 10th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Morning.

It's cloudy and bit coolish here, too. Not raining yet but I have a feeling it can start any minute. Fits my mood ;p

Janna is very exhausting today. She showed me around 10 that she's tired and I tried to put her to bed. Well, after 2 hours of trying to get her to sleep in the buggy, in her bed, in our bed, on the couch, every place she ever slept basically, she finally fell asleep in my arms on the couch. Wow. I was groggy myself after that, believe me. Then, when she woke up she was hungry and I warmed up selfmade baby food for her from the glass ... uff, after her kicking the plate out of my hand THREE times although I was more and more careful each time, I was pretty annoyed and decided to give her the milk first and then try again with fruit. That worked, thankfully. Quite a handful she is today! Ufff... hopefully this day passes quickly.

To cheer me up, I googled for jokes and found this one:

It made me at least smile ;) and of course the uplifting posts from you guys make me smile as well :) I hope you guys have a nice monday, better than how mine started anyway :)

Hugs,

Steffie

shermur
June 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Mornin', darlins'! It's cool here, but clear! The weekend went too fast, huh? So, glad this past weekend is over though, it was too booked with too many activities. Tonight hubby has a meeting with the softball organization he is coaching for; there has been "parent drama" over recent months (which is sad, because the ones effected is their own daughters). Hubby and the head coach are seriously wondering if they should leave current orgaization to move their coaching talents elsewhere. Competitive softball shouldn't be this complicated!
I got a lot done on child #3 Falling Charms quilt top this weekend....a coupl eof more rows to peice then I can start sashing! Youngest daughter starts band camp this week; so proud of her!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 10th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Hello all Happy Monday to ya!
Blondie thanks for the smile :icon_bigsmile:
Cloudy here no rain as of yet but boy yesterday! Well we needed it.
Hope you all have a great day Monday's are wash and clean day here. Ugh......but I have my smile Blondie gave me so....:icon_bigsmile: have a great day.

Mpyles
June 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning!!

Barb, are you painting the old house to sell or rent? Steffie...I sure do remember the finicky days of my babies! Glad you enjoyed your grandson for a bit!! Myrna, I too have gone back on my weight watchers....it's hard and could kick myself for ever getting off of it..it's hard to get back on track and I wasted all that hard work I did before. Take a salad with you!!

I had an arduous day yesterday. When I went to bed Saturday night I had my whole day set to be in my sewing room. When I awoke the dish network that we just had installed 2 weeks ago was on the fritz! Can't take baseball away from a man!! So I got online with dish network to try to convince them it would not work. After 1 1/2 hours they finally conceded and are sending out a tech....but not until Tuesday. What!! No tv....what will the DH do? Anyway right after that I started in on a migraine...and if you have had them or the visual auras that go with them you can understand. Only this time it was different and took me by surprise...I am guessing since I was occupied with the computer and dish all morning....I threw my self into a full blown anxiety attack and completely freaked out. Got calmed down, some ibuprofen and an ice pack and took a 1 1/2 nap. When I got back up I just could not concentrate long at all so i wandered around did a little sewing and decided that was hurting my head. Ended up cooking some supper and then watching "Lincoln". Which was a bit slow but pretty good movie. I then went back in and did some pressing on the 84 -1 3/4 " blocks I had been assembling. Then went to bed!! I feel better this morning just hint of a lingering headache. Gonna enjoy the rest of my coffee and head to work. I have jo Morton little women's club tonight and looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

quiltingtrish
June 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hello everyone~~oh dear, no matter what I do the darn return key won't work so everything will be in a jumble. Neither will the down arrow key to make a new paragraph. Steffie - that joke is a good one. I am in 3 math classes a day for the middle school and that's exactly what the word problems look like to me too. Oh, they are easy once the teacher explains them, but in the meantime I am usually thinking "Huh?" Sherri - we've been through coaching/parent problems with soccer for many years. I even remember one time he had to throw a parent out cause he came across the field swearing when he didn't agree with the ref and the guy was drunk. Thanks for the smile Blondie - I do believe I will need a few of those this morning after the older cat started yeowling at 3 AM to be let out. He KNOWS he is not allowed to go out in the dark, but I finally threw him out the door after an hour of hearing him. And, it was pouring rain which he hates, serves him right. Funny, he doesn't want his usual 'sit on mommy lap for a loving' this morning. I'll be sewing today. Got a little frustrated with trying to sew a flannel quilt for a friend. After spending a few hours getting the backing pieced and sewed together to make it large enough for the front and then pinning it very closely together, I decided to just do a straight stitch about a eighth of an inch inside each block. After the first stitching line, it was all messed up. It is a very good quality flannel, but did not want to go very smoothly through the machine. It kept wanting to not move very smoothly and I decided instead of ruining the whole thing that I will give it back to her (I did take out the stitching line) and she will have to do it herself or send it out to a longarmer. Plus the 'baby' quilt is not really that small. It's almost a full size and once I got it all layered, I couldn't believe how much I struggled with pushing it through the arm of the machine. After rototilling for my dad on Wednesday, my muscles just cannot work with something that large right now. I surely worked some muscles that day. The only reason I am really moving around is because of the availability of Advil! Happy Birthday Ruby!! I suppose I need to get hubby to look at this keyboard. It is probably fine and I must have hit a button somewhere that told the silly thing to turn off that function. But this one paragraph writing is driving me crazy. Probably you too! Well, have a happy day. It's soggy here but that's ok cause that just means I'll get more sewing done around here. Huggers,

MayinJerset
June 10th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Hello everyone, seems many of us are having a bad start to our day, me too but we will all get through it somehow. My knees are bothering me as if I did too much yesterday but I think it is because I didn't do enough as I spent quite a few hours in the car driving back and forth to NY.

Did have a great day yesterday, weather was lovely for a long drive and we met an old friend for lunch and caught up with our doings. She always finds a great place for a meal and this time we went to City Island which is along the sound in the Bronx. It's a great sea side community with lots of beaches, boating, fishing and it was quite crowded. We each had a big fish dinner that was served with lots of little things to pick on before our entrees. Friend's entree had 2 huge fillets of sole and needless to say we each took home lots to reheat. She insisted on paying because we drove all the way there but it was only an hour's drive and we so enjoy being with her. She is a golfer so I think we'll get her a cap from Pebble Beach as she has said it is a course she would love to play. Our DGD Mary lives near there so maybe she can get us one or I can order one online.

Coffee is finished so I better get a move on and do something productive today. Still have some annuals sitting on the deck that need potting so I think I'll get that done before it rains.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Hello folks! More rain today! It rained most of yesterday, but no big storms, just rain.

I finished my twister top, and will try to quilt it today. Amazing how much it shrinks down in size without really a lot of scraps. I have a little pile of charm square sized pieces leftover. I'll share it with you when it's finished.

Today I meet Marilyn at the Hospital to deliver OUR quilts. Thank you all so much or contributing to this very important mission of Marilyn's. it truly is remarkable what this group has produced! Thank you all!

Have a great day!

HandsOffItsMine
June 10th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Morning all,

Blondie, I hope Luscious Larry can get to work soon before he becomes Sour Larry. lol I'm ready for Don to come home from Calif., we all miss him. Talk to me a week after, when he's asked me a hundred times where the mayo is (same spot in every fridge we've ever had in the last 32 years). lol I'll send him to The Hill.

Monique, I'll be sending a pup to you for Xmas since you so kindly exposed my age to the Cyber World! Bruahahahaha If only! A young 53, thank you Mon Ami! :D Better than 6 foot under - 14 year survivor! Now if I can get a call from the new guys that would be a wonderful birthday present, 'cause waiting sucks. However, we have positive thoughts going here! I have 3 grandbabies, daughter and a dear hubby that need me. Plus I have a ton of dear cyber friends rooting for me!! What else can a gal ask for!!!!

Did I read the word DIET - such a four letter word! I haven't gained which is probably due to the stress in the last year with Matt's health and the move. BUT OMG, Kat bakes ALL THE TIME. She is a great baker, I really would rather have salty/sour/hot stuff but when she is constantly putting stuff under my noise "Mom, you have to taste this!" I need to cut out the carbs, I feel horrible. My body just does better on an Atkins diet - more protein/vegetables and a bit of rice, potatoes. The Stegers love meat, bread, rice, fries and desserts...all in one evening. Better in the same day, multiple times! lol HELP!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. We're going to Stevie B's - A pizza - kid's games place - Oma decided that a kid friendly dinner out would save us all. :)

Working on the Fat Quarters A La Carte Website pretty part - got the shopping cart set up. Health issue, then the mental health wallop kind of got things delayed but now I'm mentally back on track. :)

Wishing everyone a good week! Prayers, healing light for those in need. Love and huggers for all, Ruby

GinnyKNC
June 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Good Morning All. We need to start singing 'Rain Rain Go Away' :) I don't mind rain because we need it and the gardens love it, however it would be nice to get out in the garden once in a while. Haven't had much time to quilt either :( Still struggling with my health issues. I hope everyone has a blessed week. Prayers & hugs for those in need :)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Happy birthday, Ruby! Hope you have a good day! Enjoy the kiddee place for dinner and games tonight!

Lissau
June 10th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Hi Everyone.....

lts well and truly winter here brrrr .... Although to you guys it would probably seem warm.....Since October 1st 2012 l've been following a new way of life called " wheat belly" ...l've basically cut all wheat and grains out of my diet and l eat single ingredients foods and its all made at home from scratch..l've lost 57.2 lbs or 26 kilos.....couple of more kilos to go to reach my first big goal to go weigh under 100 kilos or 220lbs...its been so easy to do this ...Hope Everyone has a great day ....

Over40momma
June 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Good morning ladies. Yes, we are having a little liquid sunshine here too in Southern Ontario. According to the weatherman (he is usually right), it will be dripping sun drops for the next 2 days. Since I can't change it, decided might be wise to think of it as an opportunity to do all the inside chores I have intentionally ignored. (I have dust bunnies the size of great danes at the moment). DH (truck driver) is on his way to Windsor and they are having heavy thunderstorms and even after 21 years together, I still worry about him.

Did some tidying in my sewing area last night and discovered I have broken the foot pedal to my machine. :icon_sniff: This machine is a Singer 6268 and was my older sister's. I inherited it when she passed (along with my youngest sister) in a vehicle accident 10 years ago. My BIL brought it up along with all her sewing stuff (fabrics included!!!) and I started sewing for the first time in my life. Needless to say I was more than a little distraught til hubby said jump online and see if you can find it. Bless his analytical soul....I did and it is not even that expensive. {insert serious happy dance here}

Ok, now I am rambling and trying to avoid my chores. With that, I wish you all a great day.

Sandy Navas
June 10th, 2013, 11:40 AM
That's what this is, right, seriously avoiding chores. Oh, I need to get onto some. I've felt so lazy lately but seems everytime I get an energy rush someone comes along and takes advantage of it . . . Think I should move to Reunion Island . . . here I come.

Enjoying leftover fennel/cucumber salad for breakfast with some of my first-time roasted red peppers. We got two huge sacks of peppers in our Food Co-Op baskets and DD can't tolerate them, so I spent Saturday night roasting and peeling peppers - both red and sweet green (similar to banana peppers) and they turned out OH, SO VERY GOOD!!

Overcast today - we haven't had rain since Saturday night. None in store this week so maybe things will start to truly feel like summer around here.

Rambling - so I'm going to get off and head to my comfort zone.

Hugs to all, happy birthday Ruby, and to everyone else I'm thinking of you and sending prayers where needed.

dwil23
June 10th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Rain is in store for later today here, too. In fact, most of the week. But, that's okay, we need it desperately. I had a great Birthday weekend - thanks to all for the wishes! On Friday, after youngest DS was finally able to get summer baseball tryouts in between the storms, he, Oldest DD and I drove to Cape Canaveral to spend the weekend with oldest DS and grandson. DIL was gone most of that time to a Ladies retreat. Before we left, I was able to finish a quilt top that I now have to quilt. It's a JRR and I'm going to SITD.

Besides spending time with my Evan (he's 8 months old), the highlight of the trip was Saturday when the boys went fishing. Oldest DS ordered my DD to take me to a quilt shop in nearby Rockledge and let me shop as long as I wanted to. He had heard about it from a co-worker. When we got there it looked rather small from the outside, but, oh my, step inside! WOW! They claim to have between 8 and 12 thousand bolts of fabric. Let's just say I gave the local economy a bit of a boost, but not as much as I would have liked too. The boys cooked steak on the grill for dinner. They didn't catch anything big enough to keep and I don't eat fish anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RUBY! Today is my sister's BD, too.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

(((ALL)))

rebeccas-sewing
June 10th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Happy Birthday, Ruby! Hope it's a fun day and a super celebration!

jet4361
June 10th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Good morning all. We finally have sun in Oklahoma after many days of rain and clouds. I always like to go out on that first sunny morning and commune with nature. Everything just seems so bright and washed clean. So all of you that are plagued with rain, don't let it get you down on a Monday morning. Remember the sun is coming soon !

I picked a quart of strawberries this morning. We will have shortcake for supper. Yum! My other garden plants are loving their first glimpse of sun in over a week. I can hardly wait for the fresh tomatoes.

Wishing everyone a blessed day from Oklahoma!

Evilynn
June 10th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Happy Birthday, Ruby! Hope you have a blast :)

toggpine
June 10th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Good Morning!
The rain is supposed to roll in sometime this evening/overnight. We have had a nice dry stretch around here. We have managed to get most of the gardens in shape. I have one more veggie bed that needs to be purged of weeds. We made a good start on it yesterday. I set out the pumpkin starts and some green beans. I'll set another batch to hatching this morning. It looks like all of my herb starts from last week are doing well.

I was so naughty on Saturday. I bought fabric, granted it was mostly blank muslins for backgrounds, but yikes! I HAVE to get cutting & quilting soon!

The back room is nearly done. Hubby was putting up the chair rail at the top of the wainscoting when he realized we had two different mouldings. No where on the packaging or the home Depot bin did it say to check for matching patterns. We had stained it and there was a cut in the material, but I took it back anyhow. I felt a little bad, but not much. If I had blatantly ignored the warnings then I would suck it up and buy another package. When I was standing in the isle with all of the packages lines up across the other displays I finally got some one to stop and ask if I needed help. I explained to him what the deal was. He finally "got it" when I handed him the good sample I brought and told him to find one that matched. (Of course, I started him on the end that I had already sorted as "Not It") Then I made him help me look at all of the crappy pieces with big chunks missing out of knots and sap pockets that were oozing in the packaging. I finally found a decent one. He said he was contacting the vendor about how this met quality control standards. Uh huh, whatever.
It made me think about the gal with her Cold Water Dreams charm pack she forgot to check for size. Trust me. I don't think I'll be buying anything without making sure it has the right number of pieces, that they are the right size, and that they all match!

Well, I had better get out and take care of that last veggie bed, and then I won't feel guilty about spending the rest of the day shifting laundry and sewing!

You all have a great day! Ruby may yours be extra special!
Cathy

Granny Judy
June 10th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Birthday wishes of love, joy and lots of presents to Ruby!! You deserve to be spoilt.

I'm soo messed up with my sleeping.. I go to bed around 9:30 p.m. Sleep a couple of hours, then wide awake til 4 a.m. Back to bed and snooze til 10 a.m. What the heck?? I am up all day and can hardly keep my eyes open at 7 p.m., but make it thru the 9 o'clock news... This has been happening all this past week and I'm exhausted... Me and MY DoCTOR are gonna have a good talk about dosages on my meds that control this Thyroid of mine.

The two dogs have come in my room and laid down quietly... wow, they learned fast. I only had to yell "down" once and they are doing it consistently. (of course that little treat after they laid down helped re-enforce the behavior, LOL )

Steffie, Is she cutting teeth?? That usually makes for a very grumpy baby??

Catching up on the housework and sewing the Tumbler Flag together today.. and taking some time to sit out on the back patio. Watching the little hummers come in for a feed!! Hope all is well with everyone and that you grabbed your smile today.

WendyI
June 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Howdy all!!! It's Monday and raining and I am doing my best to smile! I AM having a fight with my ward councilor this morning though which is making me very frustrated. Trying to find out how many of our city counselors attended the FCM conference in BC and he will NOT put it in writing. In fact is refusing now to communicate with me via email any longer. So I'll be calling the local newspaper this afternoon. No WAY is he getting away with not answering me! He's MY representative and is REQUIRED to answer my questions! The NERVE of the man!

No quilt projects for me yet...too many other things going on. I'm itchin to get back to it tho!

Ruby, 49182

Steffie...sounds like Janna is trying to establish new boundaries! Stay firm momma!! LOL!

Lissau, I just bought that book "Wheat Belly"...I haven't had time to read it all but it sure makes a lot of sense to me! Not sure I can get my DH on board but might have no choice soon. Congrats on your weight loss! That's amazing!

Hoping everyone else has a fantastic day!

Miss Sheri
June 10th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the S M I L E S ! ! ! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY!!!!!
It's Hot and Muggy here in Utah today. It will be up in the low 90's I think. I need to get outside earlier to get my gardening done before it gets too hot. Have a beautiful day to one and all. (((Hugs))) and prayers and best wishes to all who need that little bit extra today!

K. McEuen
June 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM
http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?24959-Friday-Greetings Blondie, you posted Friday's thread in General Discussion instead of chit-chat, that's why you couldn't find it.

Happy Birthday Ruby!

ilive2craft2
June 10th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Good Morning - ok it is really Good Afternoon, but just barely! LOL DH had an appt at the cardiologist this morning, they made an adjustment to his pacemaker, but they don't think that is causing his symptoms, so he will be having a stress test next Monday. I am trying not to stress too much until we know something..... I took today off, so I am either going to sew or go play with my niece and nephew - their smiles and laughter always make me feel better.

Happy Birthday Rudy!! Have fun doing something today that makes you smile - whatever that may be today. :)

Have been a real slug lately, need to get off this computer and actually get something done... Should be cleaning, but will probably sew or play with the kids instead. Cleaning is so over rated.....

Have a great day every one! Hugs and prayers for everyone (whether or not you asked for them). Lisa

aliaslaceygreen
June 10th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Good late afternoon. Miss Laylabug is FINALLY down for a nap. This climbing out of bed is not working. Her parents have decided the way to deal with it is to sit with her for HOURS till she falls asleep at night. Gonna have to come up with a better system! I told TImmy bed time was going to have to be his, as he LOVES to nap! Here are two photos of the little monster...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201750716593607&l=8dac2c6448

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201750716913615&l=b0212dd2e5

Bathroom is coming along too slowly...too humid to paint...and now it seems the entire east coast has tornado warnings til 10,so I am guessing another rainy, humid night in store...

Have to do things while she is resting, hope all is well with everyone!

janluna
June 10th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Happy, Happy Birthday Ruby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you're Birthday is a very special day for you. Congratulations on another trip around the Sun!