PDA

View Full Version : Good Tuesday Morning

Blondie
February 22nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Coffee/kil.jpg

Happy Tuesday lovely ladies

I am draggin' my wagon up the hill from Mom's. She only has decaf. Why bother?

I have housework to do - laundry and a sink full of dirty dishes that I left from ??? I think my DD came by last evening and visited with the big daddy.

Hope everyone has a superior day. Hate to hear the scarey news from New Zealand. Hope that our sisters over there are safe. Prayers, faith and lotsa hugggsss.

Monique
February 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Sunny here today. Not sure what I will do today. I got my border on yesterday. Found some squares I bought at a flea market, unfinished baby carriage. I might work at those today. Also will work on my queen size whole cloth quilt.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Monique

Onetiredmomma
February 22nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks everyone for the prayers for my mom.

We have about 10 inches on our driveway, so I'm not going anywhere today until I plow the driveway. I agree about the decaf thing, Blondie! Why bother!!?? I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but occasionally it's a pick me up.

Well time to snuggle with the little ones and watch a few Bob the Builders.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Sandy Navas
February 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
To all my quilty friends - good morning. May today bring you nothing but peace and happiness. May all our aches and pains be eased, may our tummies be full, our hearts be full, and our heads only open to understanding. May our fingers find joy in feeling the fabrics of our choice and may our eyes swim in the pleasure of our visions.

I get to pick up the queen-sized quilt I've had at the long-arm quilters since the first of December. I am so very, very anxious. It has been so long since I saw the actual quilt top that I have forgotten what it looks like. Now to get the binding on and get it ready for DD's birthday which is just around the corner.

Think I will continue working on Zoe's quilt today instead of tackling obvious household duties. I have found out that I have difficulty sewing a straight line . . . and wonder if the row I did yesterday will have to be taken apart. I have never been much of a perfectionist . . . and it's a shame. I am more of the 'Larry the Cable Guy' kinda worker.

Special prayers for Lin, Paula, Blondie's Mom, Jan's back, our friends in New Zealand, Suzi's foot, and anyone else I may have forgotten. Hope Patticakes is nice and warm, that everyone is dug out of the snow, and Cathy isn't up to her armpits in chaf from bales of hay . . or aardvark droppings.

Now I need to go find my pictures to share the quilting frame with Blondie and then off to my sewing haven.

debinmalaga
February 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Good morning friends! Day 5 of my 5 day weekend finds me with a few errands to run and lots of sewing to do. Got the housework knocked out and my car is warming up as I type this. I'm raring to go so I can get back and work on my new dresden project, and maybe get the bindings attached on a lap quilt and table mat. I maaaay have bitten off a little more than I can chew in one day, but I'm sure going to give it a try.

Best of warm wishes to everyone for a wonderful day!

sally
February 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Good morning...Can I ask a favor of you gals to put in some extra prayers today for my family. I have a cousin and his children living in Christchurch New Zealand and we have not heard from him yet. On the good side my Uncle hasn't called with bad news either but it is too early there yet for me to call. 4 AM.
Thank you!
Shauna

patticakes
February 22nd, 2011, 12:23 PM
Mornin' quilty peeps!
Thanks for the nice welcome Blondie. Hope your "wagon" made it and you are wide-eyed from your loaded java by now! I think decaf has a funny taste and only drink coffee for the buzz so I agree with the "why bother".
Monique - hope you post pics of your quilts when you are done. I would love to see them.
Momma - 10" of snow....ICK! Made me nostalgic to think of a snuggle with a tot...brings back sweet memories of my own when they were little.
I am warm today Sandy! It is very exciting to get your quilt back from the quilters and see how much more beautiful it has become with the addition of the quilting.
NJ Deb - Have fun on your last day of the mini vacation! Sounds like you are going to be busy!
Shauna - extra prayers for your cousin and family. hope you hear something soon!

An icy, snowy cold commute today with lots of window scraping at 5:30 am but I made it here and will now spend the day counting the seconds til I can leave. Didn't do a darn thing but make dinner last night and sit in the chair so I am determined to make tonight more productive. I got hooked on a show last night on the OWN (Oprah) network about a lady who makes Quilts of Valor quilts and had her whole house filled with quilting stuff. I mean she could not even have her family over for the sheer volume of it! Did anyone else see it?
I'm feeling guilty cuz I just lied and cancelled an appt with my insurance agent for tonight but really I am just too grouchy to deal with him today.
Anyone seen Gina on here lately?? Sometimes she just crosses my mind...okay I am rambling. Back to work.
Patti

shawnan
February 22nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Happy quilting/sewing for everyone today. I am off to my LQS today for some private lessons on my serger (I am making an outfit to wear to a wedding) and then tomorrow is our monthly UFO day at the LQS where we get together to sew from 10am to 10pm. Lots of fun, lots of socializing, lots of sewing, lots of shopping. My kind of day.

The only downside is: 55 miles away. Can you believe I live in a town of nearly 10,000 and not one store sells fabric or any sewing supplies.

janluna
February 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Shauna, I will be praying for you to hear from your family and praying for all the people of Christ Church. Such a devastating thing. I've been through some little quakes in California when I lived there and it was scary but to have people killed and buildings in rubble, No
Blondie prayers also for your Mom.
I wish we'd hear from Lynn, maybe she would know more as she is in Australia.
Patti the last time I heard from Gina she sounded a little down, so lift her in prayer too.
Onetiredmomma, I have your Mom on a prayer chain too.
Hope everyone has a better day. Hugs, Jan

Sandy Navas
February 22nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Good morning...Can I ask a favor of you gals to put in some extra prayers today for my family. I have a cousin and his children living in Christchurch New Zealand and we have not heard from him yet. On the good side my Uncle hasn't called with bad news either but it is too early there yet for me to call. 4 AM.
Thank you!
Shauna

Definitely in my prayers!! Let us know if you hear from them.

Keepstitchin
February 22nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Morning Ladies! I haven't been on in a while because of school work, darn it. School work just interupts the rest of my life! LOL!

Lots of prayers to everyone, I see there is quite a list today, and I hope Christchurch can return to normal soon. How devastating!

Prayers out also to the families of the sailors killed by the Somali pirates, they were doing God's work, and I pray that they are at peace.

I have to get caught up on some cleaning today, my fridge is scientific experiment in action! The bathroom.....well, we won't go there!

Finals are kickin' my hiney, so I won't see much of you or my sewing room for a couple of weeks, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel for school!! Last in class quarter coming up, then externship for the summer quarter, and PRAY for a job offer!! I am excited to start a new career at 40..........+++++!

I hope everyone has a blessed day, be safe, be warm!!

sally
February 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
:icon_attention:GOOD NEWS!! I have heard from my cousin and he and his family are fine. He was in town on business when it hit and took cover under a desk. The kids under tables and all are well. My cousins house did not get any further damage. The first earthquake broke a window and knocked some thing off shelves. Thank you everyone for you prayers and well wishes!

janluna
February 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Thank God! Sally so glad to know your loved ones are safe. Now if we could only hear from the girl(s) from New Zealand to see if they are safe too. Keep praying, those aftershocks can be just as bad as the quake. Hugs, Jan L

toggpine
February 22nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hi everybody!
Glad to hear about your family in NZ! At least there is some good news there.
My husband just called to say the snow has started at his workplace. The sun is shining here although it is a bit breezy. I guess I had better get out and check the livestock waters before the hose freezes for the next few days!

I did it! I busted open the Objects of Desire honey bun. I have sewn all but two of the strip sets together for the quilt pattern I am making. It is designed for the Jelly roll, but I figured that it would just come out a a bit smaller. I'll just go with it until I have to wing it!

Catch you all later!
Cathy

janluna
February 22nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Yay Cathy, you go girl!!! Hugs, Jan L

sally
February 22nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Did speak to Anniethekiwi in New Zealand. She is on the North Island and is doing okay.

sewsoft
February 22nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hello everyone, I'm reading posts and typing with my gloves on and hand warmers. Lol.. I can actually do this.:lol: Anywho I've been away for awhile due to some health difficulties but glad to be back. I've missed you all. Special hugs to Blondie and debinmalaga, Oh Gosh hugs all around to everyone we all need them.

middlesis1966
February 22nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
Thank you!
Shauna

I pray that your family is safe and they will be able to get word to you soon. Big hugs your way my quilty sissy (((((Shauna))))).

debinmalaga
February 22nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Hello everyone, I'm reading posts and typing with my gloves on and hand warmers. Lol.. I can actually do this.:lol: Anywho I've been away for awhile due to some health difficulties but glad to be back. I've missed you all. Special hugs to Blondie and debinmalaga, Oh Gosh hugs all around to everyone we all need them.

So glad to have you back online! Hope you're feeling better... we missed you :-).

quiltingtrish
February 22nd, 2011, 09:50 PM
Sewsoft - so glad you are back with us. Will pray that whatever your medical issues are, they will be taken care of.

Good to hear that your cousin and family are okay, Sally. I have a friend that lives on the North Island and since I'm not sure where ChristChurch is, I'm not sure which island the quake was on and am waiting to have her answer an email I sent to her.

Didn't get on here yesterday. Still pretty upset about the 'allegations' against my husband at school. We did see the Superintendent yesterday and basically he said that we just have to wait until the investigation is complete and most of the time they turn out clear and in the meantime that we should not let it 'bother' us. So then I spoke up. He is losing at least a week's pay this week and I also said that it 'BOTHERED' him all weekend and when something affects my husband, it affects me. I also said that when the 'allegations' are found to be untrue, that we expect a full, written apology from those that wrote it. In the meantime, we wait. If he were a tenured teacher or was in the union here, or if it were one of the higher administrators, they would be jumping on this. But since, he is 'just' a sub, it seems they are taking their time. How long does it take to call students in that were in the same class to get their opinion anyways? Just blows our mind.

Anyways, got to get moving here. I am a tad unorganized in the quilty department and hope to get some of that done tonight. (I don't like to be disorganized, really!) And think I'll hit the bed early. Have been up since 5 - the cat threw up at 5 (why does that always wake me out of a deep sleep I'll never know!), then we got the 1st school delay phone call at 5:20, the 2nd school delay phone call at 5:50, the alarm went off at 6:30 so we could jump out of bed and start shoveling to get the driveway cleared by 8:30 so I could get a shower and start walking into school by 9:15 to get there by 10! Winter is messing up my sleep! If it stops snowing by the morning, we get it off the driveway right away so when the sun comes out, it is completely dry by the end of the day. It worked today. But the roads are still a mess, so I continue to walk.

Have a good night all. Hope you get something quilty done tonight.

Hugs,

janluna
February 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Sewsoft, glad you are back, we missed you. I will pray for your health and for any other things that are bothering you. I'm sorry you need your mittens to type. It's cold here tonight too. When the wind kicks up it really gets cold. You must be gifted, I can't type with my fingers the way they are! lol Let alone with gloves on. Hugs, Jan L

Onetiredmomma
February 22nd, 2011, 11:29 PM
I'm doing a happy dance. I got my very first MSQC and daily deal today! The fabric is so yummy!

Lola2Ace
February 22nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Lin, I got my MSQC order today too! I am so excited, but that fabric is gonna have to wait. :(
I am still working on the friendship braid quilt, decisions decisions. The sections and sashings are all sewn together and I think I have a plan for the borders and binding now.
I started the new job yesterday, so that's been taking up quite a bit of my time.
We had quite a snow/ice storm yesterday and last night, about an inch of ice and then about 5 inches of snow on top of that! Really makes me thankful that my long commute days are over!
Prayers for all involved in the earthquake, and those of you who aren't feeling up to par.
Paula, how are you feeling?
Well, back to a bit of sewing before bedtime.
Lola

craftyladysam
February 22nd, 2011, 11:56 PM
Sewsoft I'm sorry you have to type with gloves and warmers on your hands but am glad to hear from you! Trish, may God bless you for having to walk to work in the cold snow! But that is safer,I guess, than driving, Huh? Will say a prayer for hubby and his job. Glad to hear our quilty friends in NZ are alright. That has to be a scarey time for them over there. Blondie why don't you push and I'll pull for awhile.:lol::lol: Remembering all in my thoughts and prayers. Sam