PDA

View Full Version : Vent

mgreen2427
June 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
A lot going on since March around here. Long story short my husband broke a piece of disc in his back at work. Took work a month to turn it in and finally is scheduled for surgery on the 14th. But blood work showed an infection I was told to get him antibiotics. Family doctor prescribed some. I called the surgeons office to let them know he had it. I was told that it wasn't good enough he HAD to go to a dentist. Went to a dentist they pulled 8 teeth. Called surgeon's office again this person was surprised he went and why. I told her because "so and so" yesterday said the family doctor wasn't good enough. She said Oh but Mrs. Greenfield your family doctor cleared your husband for surgery .WHAT ? They pulled 8 teeth they thought was the problem and now your telling me he didn't have to go? Not only that but she said having dental work done a week before back surgery is risky we may have to postpone. I will stop there and believe me this is the short part of the story. There is much more I could say..........Been afraid to spend money on fabric or supplies and having quilting withdrawal's. :) At this point I have to try and smile.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Wow, hope you can get him back to health soon. Prayers for both of you!

MRoy
June 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
My goodness! I hope your DH gets the care he needs soon! (((HUGS)))

grannyann
June 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM
I can see why you are so upset . I hope in the end all will work out for you and your husband and you can get back to living your normal lives again.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
June 8th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Oh you poor thing. I will be praying for you and your husband. Yes you can smile HE knows your needs! (((Hugs))) to you.

Sandy Navas
June 8th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I need to send my daughter there to help you out. That gal can question medical issues like no one's business. She makes them jump through hoops . . . So sorry you've had to go through all this. Having worked as a hospital administrator I know that there are incompetent people out there who are making decisions that unfortunately are detrimental to our well-being . . . look to elected officials if you need an example of this.

mgreen2427
June 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Thank you everyone! I know in the end things will work out. Just tired of the hoops and miss communication of the medical offices. I'm the type of person who keeps things to herself, smiles and says things are great. Jumping at the chance to help family and close friends anytime and strangers in a crisis. I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening......er reading :)

ilive2craft2
June 8th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Melissa, so sorry that all of this is happening - it is stressful enough to have hubby with back issues and facing surgery. To be sent jumping through hoops that could put off his surgery is so upsetting. Hugs and prayers to both of you. Lisa

auntiemern
June 8th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Melissa, so sorry you have had to go through all this. Makes you wonder where some of them got the medical degree and license.

alliek
June 8th, 2013, 01:35 PM
So sorry for this frustration and pain. Prayers for you and your DH. AND prayers for that doctors office staff and personnel! Good grief you would think people in this profession would question, double check etc.. Be well God Bless

pcbatiks
June 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I can see why you are so upset . I hope in the end all will work out for you and your husband and you can get back to living your normal lives again.

I agree with what Ann said.......hope he feels better soon.

mgreen2427
June 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Melissa, so sorry you have had to go through all this. Makes you wonder where some of them got the medical degree and license.

That's exactly what I was thinking !!

MartinaG
June 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Speedy recovery for you DH. Sorry he got caught in the bureaucratic mess.

Mpyles
June 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Prayers for you and your DH!! I believe I would send the Drs. office the dentist bill!

Claire Hallman
June 8th, 2013, 07:28 PM
This is so terrible. Surely the dentist would not just pull 8 random teeth that didn't need to be pulled. :0
I hope your husband has his surgery and it is all a distant memory before long.

bkthomas
June 8th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Hugs Prayers and lots of sympathy!!!

Wwena
June 9th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Oh Melissa, how awful! I don't know where to begin. I will just say this: It will get better from now on! They must've had a good reason to pull all those teeth out, one hopes. I hope he gets to have the surgery soon, back pain is awful, and that he has a speedy recovery.

Sew Perfect
June 9th, 2013, 04:36 AM
The stress and pain you and your husband are going through...wow! I really do hope things get better soon!

Bubby
June 9th, 2013, 05:42 AM
What a nightmare! I hope things work out and your DH can get back on his feet. Prayers and hugs...Barb

rebeccas-sewing
June 9th, 2013, 06:24 AM
It sounds to me like your husband needed to have those teeth pulled. I'm sure it is a risky proposition to go into surgery with any kind of existing infection. I'm sure your husband is in a lot of discomfort due to the issue with his back, but surely you wouldn't want any chances taken that there would be complications in surgery due to that existing infection. It's just so unfortunate that the timing of the issue with his teeth happened to take place when he needs to have surgery. It's also very frustrating that it took soooo long for his company to act on the paperwork for what I suppose is a workers' compensation claim. From what you say there's more to your story. I hope it all gets resolved soon so your husband gets some relief and you can put this behind you.

SallyO'Sews
June 9th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Oh, Melissa, I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you and your DH. Keep your chin up!
Blessings and cyberhugs, ~ Sally \0/

Over40momma
June 9th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Good heavens!!! You would think people in the medical profession would be, well, professional. I am so sorry about all the "hoop jumping" you and your husband have had to go through. Will keep you both in my prayers (and an extra one that those looking after him will be more concise and compassionate).