PDA

View Full Version : Funky Rainy Friday

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Everyone must be working or sleeping because it is almost 9am and no Friday thread. It's the kind of dark rainy day that I would like to snuggle under a quilt on the couch and watch an old movie. But things need to be done so I'll resisit the temptation.

Finally decided on a paint color for our newly redone TV/family room. Bought 3 sample color jars and they were all so much lighter than I expected but I'm picking one of them as I don't have any more time to waste. It's a taupe and the hue is more to gray than tan and it's being light will work for the ceiling and walls very nicely. When I pick up the paint gallons at Home Depot I'll take a look at shades and blinds as the afternoon sun is a big problem in the summer. The roman shades I had for many years are done as the cloth has faded and has begun to rot from the sun. When we get the new couch and chair I'll sew a valance for over the shades that compliments the furniture. Finally one room in our old house almost redone!

Everyone have a good day and weekend, we're driving to New York state to have a long lunch/early dinner with an old friend. That is if the hurricane lets us. May in Jersey

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Sorry you missed Blondie's thread - I noticed she started it in a different category and it threw me for a bit, too.

Wish I had your energy and could do some transformations around here. I'd start with . . .

SuzyQue
June 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM
After spending most of the past 2 years redoing our old farmhouse, I feel your excitement for completing your family room. It is amazing what a difference a new paint job can do! It is a lot of work to refresh your home, but so worth it in the end. Enjoy!

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Sorry you missed Blondie's thread - I noticed she started it in a different category and it threw me for a bit, too.

Wish I had your energy and could do some transformations around here. I'd start with . . .

Oh, will take a look to find Blondie's Friday post.

Not too much energy on my or DH's part for the room's work, we can't handle that stuff any longer so a contractor did it and his guys will paint for us. I used to do all the painting myself and DH started helping when he retired so I know it's going to be a shock how much it costs to have someone do it for us. I had enough trouble painting the samples on different walls so I could chose one. I even wear myself out just thinking about doing stuff, LOL! Mentioned the need for painters to family at great grandson's Christening party last Sunday which was followed by a big silence and a change of subject. May