PDA

View Full Version : Finals Again!

phoots
June 7th, 2013, 02:38 AM
On Monday I have to take two more finals! Wednesday night in class I did my CPR competencies and then we got our study guides for the finals. We got 4 sheets; one is 1 1/2 pgs, and the other are one page. I spent all day working on that longest one. I've really got myself worked up over these finals. My grades right now are A's, but if I don't do well on these finals...I don't even want to think about that. I've been sick off and on all day today. I've had problems with heartburn off and on for the last 3 weeks. If these classes this month don't kill me, nothing will!

Please pray for me. I'm really worried about these tests! Thank you.

Pam in Vegas

rebeccas-sewing
June 7th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Pam - you need to calm down! How could you possibly do poorly when you have all A's!?!? It's really bad for your health to get so worked up over this or any other life challenge. I know you've had a rough road trying to find work these past years. I'm sure you feel like there's a lot riding on this education, but making yourself sick over testing accomplishes nothing. If anything, you should have received quite a confidence boost by now knowing you have all A's in your classes! Try really hard to put things in perspective, dear.

Monique
June 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Pam - you need to calm down! How could you possibly do poorly when you have all A's!?!? It's really bad for your health to get so worked up over this or any other life challenge. I know you've had a rough road trying to find work these past years. I'm sure you feel like there's a lot riding on this education, but making yourself sick over testing accomplishes nothing. If anything, you should have received quite a confidence boost by now knowing you have all A's in your classes! Try really hard to put things in perspective, dear.

Pam, I agree with Rebecca. Calm down and take deep breaths. You will do just fine.

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Sorry I missed this when I checked in earlier. Take a deep breath. I do have to share s story. Many (oh so VERY many) years ago I attended a local business college. I was working on my typing speeds and every time I was tested I just fell short of meeting my goals. The next time the test was scheduled I decided I needed 'calm' so I begged a friend for a tranquilizer (yeah, I know . . . I am much smarter now . . . ) and since I was really nervous I took TWO. When it came time for the test I spent the time looking out the window, dreaming of tomorrow, totally oblivious to the typewriter.

http://www.mentalwellnesscounseling.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/relax-counseling-traverse-city.jpg

Andrea F
June 8th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Dear Pam, I know exactly how you feel right now because I finished University about 1,5 years ago. You really need to calm down and take some breaks. Go outside for a walk and get your mind to focus on something else for a little while. Perhaps it helps to willingly focus on your breathing or how the floor feels under your feet and the birds are singing. And dont worry so much about your grades. When you have As everywhere else Im pretty sure you wont do bad on these tests. :)

rebeccas-sewing
June 8th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Sandy, funny story! I'm surprised you found you way home! LOL

Sandy Navas
June 8th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Sandy, funny story! I'm surprised you found you way home! LOL

Rebecca, I don't think I ever found my way home. Most days I still feel lost . . .
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__Y5QkkjXOVY/TCp9YUG6OVI/AAAAAAAADGo/mNH_y9nLdAI/s1600/wandering_mind_sticker-p217099198990876966qjcl_400.jpg

auntiemern
June 8th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Pam. You have no need to stress yourself to that level. Deep breathe, and no tranquilizers, lol. You have done great up to this point, so I just can't see you not doing great with this. Sending positive vibes your way. And hugs. (((Pam)))

rebeccas-sewing
June 8th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Sandy - The image says it all! The older I get the more wandering this ol' brain seems to do!