PDA

View Full Version : Sweden's national holiday, June 6th

Wwena
June 6th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Since I have no grand kids yet, you will have to make do with pics of my kids instead. ;)

Today is Sweden's national holiday! DH is away (in New Orleans) but the kids and I met up with my sister and her family (hubby and two kids) at Stora holmen (Big small island ;) ) here in Örebro to take advantage of the time off and some very nice weather! On the island they have a petting zoo, some small and very old rides, a complete town street setup with lights and zebra crossings to ride kiddies pedal cycles (?) in etc. It's small but it's really nice. They also have a really small train that goes around all of the island. It's really slow and it takes about five minutes so you can imagine the size of the island LOL. The animals in the petting zoo were stolen a month or so ago, sadly. Who does that?!? Anyway, we had a great time, although havoc ensued when I wouldn't pay for the kids to ride more than once on some of the stuff ("racing" ie bumper cars being the favourite - but there are only two cars and more kids wanted their turn!).

My kids waiting for the carousel to start

The kids playing, waiting for the train to go - I wisely waited in the shade instead of in the cramped train!

This is how tired David was after getting home, having lunch and then playing outside with the water hose (and his sister) for a while

A bonus pic of David at their daycare's summer party yesterday afternoon (notice the "lacerations" he got from another kid throwing a child's rake at him by mistake - it's all part of childhood summers!). He just got a medal/necklace with a picture of himself and the text "Have a nice summer", you can see the pink ribbon.

So - big wave from Sweden on our day! :D

Musical_Starling
June 6th, 2013, 05:11 PM
How cute :) Sounds like you all enjoyed your day out! I wish we had a "Big Small Island" to visit, it sounds like fun :D

nana margaret
June 6th, 2013, 05:22 PM
That's one tired little boy! Two beautiful, happy children - happy children, happy mummy!:lol:

Doloris
June 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Oh Anna
, David looks like he keeps you on your toes all the time to keep one step ahead of him. What a devilish smile he has. Your daughter is very cute too and looks like the calmer of the two. What a beautiful family.

Wwena
June 6th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Thank you! Well appearances deceive, they definatly both give me gray hairs. She is such a daredevil, that one. ;)

rebeccas-sewing
June 6th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Darling photos, Anna! Thanks for posting them for us to enjoy! Sounds like a fun outing.

pcbatiks
June 6th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Anna........cute pictures...especially the last one!

Iris Girl
June 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM
cute pictures!!

lilmouse
June 6th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Thank you for sharing the photos of your family, they are very cute!

Sandy Navas
June 6th, 2013, 10:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sxusIlUNGD8/TAcxsSN9OoI/AAAAAAAAAUo/3QYWaEEcT3o/s1600/nationaldag.jpg

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2013, 01:32 AM
So glad you and the kids enjoyed your national day, those kids are real cuties. May

Evilynn
June 7th, 2013, 05:34 AM
I am green with envy that you get to have your national day in summer ;) ... (Finnish one is in December :( and German in October)

On a more serious note I am glad you seemed to enjoy yourselves! Your kids are cute :) Thank you so much for sharing!

Blondie
June 7th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Anna, I love these pictures - what a magical time to share with your children! Just looking at their youth and happy faces is a reflection of the love and security they feel in their hearts. How happy I am that you enjoyed your holiday and shared your joy with us~

Blondie

Bubby
June 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM
What a great family day!

Wwena
June 7th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks all!! :D

We had a great day today too, we went to celebrate my crafting buddy Lova's graduation. :)

Tanya D
June 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
You have beautiful kids Anna! Sounds (and David looks) like you had a great day :)

alliek
June 7th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Beautiful children, beautiful day! Happy National Day to Sweden.!

Andrea F
June 8th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Looks like you all had a wonderful day. Your kids are very cute! :icon_bigsmile: