PDA

View Full Version : Thank God it's Thursday!!

SallyO'Sews
June 6th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Today I am thankful for many things, but two of them are front-and-center in my mind:

1. I am thankful for 21st-century technology. That may surprise those of you who know what a techno-idiot I am. I don't hate it, though; I'm just kind of intimidated by it, and I'm somewhat incompetent at it. :icon_beuj:

Last weekend, I was able to talk to DD#5, who is a teacher in Korea, via Skype. I could see her face and talk almost as though she was sitting right in front of me! Almost 40 years ago I spent a summer studying in Austria, and when I called the States, I had to go to the pay phone at the local post office, and there was about a 3-second delay before you could hear the other person. So I'm very thankful to be able to see with my own eyes that my 25-year-old baby is alive and well and still thinks about us at home. :D

2. I am also very thankful for this forum, and all of you. I've been under some stress lately that has kind of been accumulating over time; add that to a ridiculously busy schedule all spring long, especially the past couple of weeks (which is why I missed last Thursday... so sorry!), and by this morning, I was feeling more and more sad.

Then I came here and read all the lovely support messages for Rhonda (and I added my own)... and I am so honored to have gotten to know such a kind group of people. Maybe none of us would ever take the time to get to know each other if we lived in the same town; maybe we wouldn't hang out in the same places, or attend school or church together; maybe we would have diametrically opposed political affiliations, but you have made it clear that IT DOES NOT MATTER HERE.

Here is a place of safety, a place where support is mutually given and received. Here I can make mistakes and ask questions and not be made to feel like an amateur/idiot for having the temerity to admit I just don't get it. Here is where knowledge and information are generously shared without any ugly pride rearing its head. Here there is no jealousy or envy ... well except maybe of that one forum member's stash! :lol:

So thanks for brightening my day! Blessings to you all... hugs for those who need it, and prayers for all!
~ Sally \0/

Mom23
June 6th, 2013, 04:17 PM
:icon_bigsmile:Very well said, Sally.

pcbatiks
June 6th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I agree Sally...........well said! Today I am thankful for my family, my friends and my friends here on this forum. I was just thinking earlier..........it is so much fun to click on the forum tab and see a PM from someone pop up on the screen.......it always makes me smile! Thanks for the PM Sue!

auntiemern
June 6th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Well said Sally. I feel the same way about the wonderful folks on here. And boy howdy, am I looking forward to meeting some o them in Oct. Besides that today I am mostly thankful that I get a break from watching the grands til tomorrow night. Gonna be a hard week end for me.

lilmouse
June 6th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I too am very thankful for this forum; just look at the number of posts by my name. I am thankful for many things...especially for all the tutorials available today....you can learn so much in one sitting...I am practicing on what I have learned the last couple of days and so far, so good!
Thank you to all who "reside" here on this forum for the laughter, inspiration and letting all of us a little peek into your lives...I am ever so grateful to MSQC and this forum.
Hugs, Susie

ilive2craft2
June 6th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I am very thankful for this forum--I lurked for a long time before I joined. You all helped me through a very difficult year last year, with all of the fun, laughter and sharing that went on. You were there for me and you didn't even know it. Having a place to hang out as I dealt with being diagnosed as a diabetic,and then as my dear MIL was sick and then passed away. Then my sis with a difficult pregnancy with a toddler at home. She is good and so is the baby, the toddler is now 2 and started potty training today. Now my baby (age 21) has moved out of the house. I keep telling my husband that the quilting and fabric buying is cheaper than therapy, but all of you have been the best therapists! Love you all. Lisa

Miss Sheri
June 6th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Oh, it is just so refreshing to pop in here and feel the love and kindness that abounds. My thankfulness for finding all of you on the forum is full and vibrant today, (((Hugs))) prayers, and kindest thoughts to each of you.