PDA

View Full Version : I know, it's Thursday!

Blondie
June 6th, 2013, 07:18 AM

Hi Folksies!

I woke up remembering it is Thursday, my own Monday. This week has buzzzzzed by quickly and I have to grab onto my big man to keep from flying off from the speed of light! Sorry I missed yesterday; I spent the night with my DD because her new hubs had to fly out to Denver for the week. She is not liking being alone but, oh well; so, I stayed with her and then spent the majority of the day with her yesterday. We watched some Downton Abbey Season 1. And let me tell you what I found out last night when I got home and checked my email! Andover Fabrics is coming out with a Downton Abbey line! Oh, yes they are. Downton fans, go feast your peepers on this:
http://www.andoverfabrics.com/Grid.php?GroupName=Downton%20Abbey
I don't know if MSQC carries any of Andover's lines - hope they will get some of these in. I went to sleep with visions of these lovely designs in my head. Talk about visions of sugarplums.

I am in the process of getting a new phone service at the salon and at my house. At the salon I got the Straight Talk that didn't need internet connection and will cost $15 a month. That's a whole lot better than the $60 I've been paying without being able to call long distance, btw. So, this morning, I will be calling clients in between work to give them the new number. I also will have to order new cards.

Poor Mom. In the continuing story of the Perils of Pauline, er, I mean Ruth, she has pink eye. A raging bacterial pink eye that hurts and oozes. Don't know where she picked it up but I am NOT touching her with a ten foot pole. Hateful wench that I am, I asked my SIL to be the one to help Mom out this week. After all, she is not working, so if she gets the stuff, my brother can take care of her. I am totally wicked for doing this; I am feeling almost remorseful, but not quite. It is silly to miss seeing Mom, but I do. How is that possible when we yak on the phone several times a day. It is just missing her sweet little hugs this week. I will be making up for it soon enough. Then she can squeeze the stuffing out of me.

Hey now, I did get a wee bit of hand sewing in while at DD's. I am in the process of making a whole bunch of little gifties sorta like party favors. So, I needed to get them going before my time runs out.

Have a wonderful day; I am not ignoring all the news I have heard this week on the tv; I am just choosing to pray about things and close to door to lesson the volume while hubs keeps it on. How glad I am that I can make the choice about what to listen to, look at and focus on. And you know me. I am gonna focus on something that will make me smile. Hoping and praying for each one here. Now watch this fabulous VW commercial. Doncha know this is me? Don't worry - be happy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_697164&feature=iv&src_vid=NfCm9P8naDQ&v=9H0xPWAtaa8

Jean Sewing Machine
June 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Hi Blondie! I just need to ask WHERE DO YOU FIND THIS STUFF? Now, I want to buy a VW!

Nothing much new here, except I had ordered some fabric from MSQC about 2 hours before the DD Popped up with the free 2-1/2" tumbler template. I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with putting together tiny tumbler pieces, so I took no action to get it. Yesterday, when my order came, out fell the tiny little template! So thanks, MSQC, I appreciate getting it.

Hope everyone has a great day! Hope Ruth and Lissau get over their eye infections quickly! Those are no fun! Keep smiling and be happy!

MRoy
June 6th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good morning! I hope Ruth's eye gets better quickly. Pink eye is rough stuff! The commercial brings back memories. My first car was a baby blue VW Bug with the trunk up front. I loved that little car. Hugs and prayers for all who need them today.

Mpyles
June 6th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning!!

Blondie, I love Downton Abby! I love the fabric as well. Msqc doesn't carry andover. :( my LQS said they were not ordering the line. :( so I guess I will have to check the other quilt stores and see or find it on line. Pink eye...yuck..you can get it off of a dirty $1 bill. Hope her medicine kicks in soon. She shouldn't be contagious long.

Jean I too ordered the new tumbler,,,,only to have my order arrive without it in it . :(. I emailed them and waiting to hear back from them. I got all my little charm packs....so they are waiting patiently in a drawer for their tumbler buddy.

I got our lab jake an appointment at the groomers today, assuming I would be off, but circumstances prevented that so hoping they will hold on to him for a while today. It's his first trip to the groomers and I am feeling really bad about it. Both kids work as well.

Well, lots to do this morning!

Everyone have a great day!!

shermur
June 6th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Blondie, how cool are those fabrics....absolutely love them. I too will be fantasizing today at work! Like I need more fabric, right? The new summer work hours are kicking my butt, thank goodness Friday is only a half day! I have to get the baby quilt binded that my daughter pieced to give at the baby shower we're attending Saturday! Just new more hours each day to do all I want to do? LOL

meemeecyn
June 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM
So nice to see and read about familiar faces! Blondie, you raise everyone spirits! Not only is your DD, DM, DH and DS grateful to have you, so are all your quilting sisters!!

I watched your JRR you tube video again yesterday, Jean. Am hoping to make some placemats with that method for my brother. He and his wife are coming east this summer from Missouri and want to share a bit of New England sunshine.

My new grandgirl will be 4 weeks on Sat. Her Mama is doing much better after the complications with the birth. I've been quite busy with helping entertain the older girls and cooking for the whole family. It keeps me out of trouble. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone! Keep on, keeping on!
Cynthia

Bubby
June 6th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Good Morning,

I'm moving slow this morning...my old back took too much ladder climbing yesterday and I'm really sore today. The good news is I got my quilted items back from Reggie yesterday so I will have some handwork to occupy me while I give my back a break. I will be Binding Queen for several days.

It's cool and foggy this morning. We had a real hard rain yesterday. It feels like it's going to be a sweatshirt and sock sort of day.

Blondie, I hope Moms eye gets better quickly...that stuff is no fun. Lisa, I hope you are feeling better today, also.

I'm off for now...will check in later. Hugs....

Monique
June 6th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Good morning friends. Blondie, that video made me SMILE!!

Jersey went to the groomers yesterday and she smelled nice. So I changed and washed the comforter off the bed. It smelled like dog. LOL!!

I had made a table runner for our minister, who is leaving, and I took it to her yesterday. I made it in her favorite colors. She was touched and I know she appreciated the thought. And NO, I forgot to take pictures of it. But it was pretty.

I went to the clinic yesterday to have a few skin tags removed from my neck and torso. The doc had a student with him, young and not bad looking, I might add. Next thing I know there is another doctor coming to watch. So we had a party. 5 were removed in total. A few of the spots are a little tender this morning.

I am almost done the binding on the baby quilt. And yes I will take pictures.

I am not sure what this day will bring. Have a wonderful day. Prayers being said for those who need them.

GinnyKNC
June 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Good Morning :) Andrea is heading north to the Carolinas so everyone be careful. I should have planted a full garden this year lol. I decided this year to only plant 4 tomato plants due to some health stuff. Well with all the rain those 4 tomato plants are already 5 feet tall and have tons of flowers on them!
I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Madeforyouinma11
June 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Morning everyone! Nothing much going on today..I need to sew some patches on my hubby's new uniforms and maybe sew my new cushion covers for my patio chairs. I didn't get to see my sweet Julia yesterday...first day since she was born, lol...guess I can't see her everyday.
Just wanted to stop in and say hello and wish everyone a wonderful day. Blondie, hope mom feels better soon so you can get some huggin in.
Prayers and hugs to everyone.

Mom23
June 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie, Dave from Minnesota in the VW video reminds me of you, always looking at the good side of things!!! My DD and I have watched all the Downton Abbey shows. It took me a little time for me to get into the story line but now I love it! I feel so bad for your mom. She sure has had her share of troubles.

Have a wonderful day!!
Yesterday I picked up 3 quilts from the LAQ. I posted one yesterday right after I got it bound. Stayed up last night binding another. My plans were to take a picture of it outside today but as luck would have it, it's raining this morning. Hopefully the rain will get out of here soon. We really don't need any more rain!

WendyI
June 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Morning all. Nothing new here. Rain for the next week makes me want to stay in bed with a pillow over my head. Blondie hope the pink eye clears up fast. That's not fun at all. Hoping everyone stays safe from storms and hurricanes!

pcbatiks
June 6th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Good morning everyone..............can you believe it is book sorting time again already. Tuesday we started getting the sorting room cleaned up and organized again........books are coming in already. Going back today.

I got my Fon's & Porter design wall hung yesterday & will post a picture or two after I get my sewing area cleaned up. I have 13 blocks made for the background on my aunts quilt.

Hot & humid here today..........have a good day everyone!

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Hello Everyone, Thanks Blondie, loved the VW commerical. Another lovely day but just heard first hurricane of the season is coming up the Atlantic coast and might be here end of the week. Hope all goes well along the Jersey Shore as it hasn't recovered yet for last years big storm.

Forgot all about my small quilt/book meeting scheduled for Tuesday evening, found out there were only 4 attending so that mens 3 other gals forget also. Making sure I mark my calendar for next month's meeting date and also pick up the book we are reading from the library. The Heretic's Daughter is the new book, anyone read it? First week of the month is usually very heavy with Guild stuff, General Meeting Sunday afternoon or Thursday evening, Tuesday evening small group meeting and Pillowcase Sew In on Saturday. Have to make this Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In as other coordinator doesn't have a ride there. It's at a quilt shop an hour from my home and I'll be battling the Jersey Shore summer traffic all the way there. Do have a nice time at the shop as the owners are big supporters of our Pillowcase Project for kids in hospitals.

Off to Home Depot for some small jars of paint samples, finally narrowed my choices down to 2 or 3 shades of taupe and need to buy paint as next week painters will be available. Decisons, decisions, decisions. DH is no help, all the colors are OK with him.

PS: AC repairman was here yesterday and replaced a burnt out coil and said iffy about AC working for the summer. It is 20 years old and I think it's time to replace it, will get a few estimates and make up our minds soon before we have another heat wave. Guess we will have sticker shock as the prices have more than doubled over the past 20 years. Repairman said for our use we could get the system with the least frills as it will be so much more efficient than our old one, and getting the same brand as the heating system we have since 2009 will increase the efficiency also.

CrazyMtnLady
June 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good morning: Love the VW video. "Don't worry...be happy."

The clothes on the line did not get dry before the rains came yesterday afternoon. :( So hopefully the sun comes out today and gets them dry.

DH called from Lansing last night. Boy does he sound depressed. I can just imagine how hard it is for him to go through his mother's things. I am hoping the can find a nice place for his step-dad to move to and come home soon. It sure is weighing on him.

I am going to get in my sewing area today and get something done, even if it's wrong...LOL. I just need to get back into the swing of things.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
June 6th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Hello all my cheery friends. It always lifts my spirits after a visit here. And the doors are open, the sun is shining (finally), the birds are singing and all's right with the world . . . I HOPE. Storms still attacking hither and yon. You'all on the East Coast hunker down and be safe, be very safe!!

Off to do some wifely chores this morning - taking the Man with me to do some grocery shopping. Time for us to stock up on some of the ooey-gooies that we need rather than strictly Romaine lettuce . . . Other than that, hopefully I can do a bit of sewing again today. Started working on the last of Emily's VA project napkins (rolled edges on napkins - serger) and got interrupted by DD who is requesting about six baskets for baby items. We are hoping Madeline Louise makes her showing around the middle of July. I ordered a Madame Alexander Madeline doll that arrived yesterday - she's very special and I'm the only one who knows she's here. Looked for Madeline fabric for a quilt but it isn't out there. There is a Madeline line but it doesn't feature the character and truly doesn't remind me of Madeline at all. Even Zoe 4YO has been hitting me up to show her how to make a quilt for Maddie. What have I created?

So, I'm outta here. Have a wonderful day filled with good thoughts, good deeds, laughter and a lighthearted feeling all day long.
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs23/200H/f/2007/344/6/5/light_hearted_by_rose_petals.jpg (http://rose-petals.deviantart.com/gallery/387811)

Tanya D
June 6th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Good morning everyone!

Not much going on here...another sunshiney day with the temperature forcasted to be 20C. Steve's been out of town for two nights and will be back tonight. I miss him but I have to say, having the bed to myself and him not snoring all night long is quite blissful. I have such great sleeps when he's not home. Don't tell him :D

Have a great day everyone!

sally
June 6th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Good morning all...yes still morning here way out west. Got back from Camping and fishing yesterday. Caught three nice fice yesterday released one...one jumped out of the boat and one slipped thru the net. Not meant to be I quess...lol. However the day before I did real well and we had a lovely fish dinner last night. I love camping. We have a little 14 ft trailer (with a bathroom!) I enjoy just being outdoors...I make yo yos when we camp.Someday I will make a quilt...someday! Oh and the coolest thing. I was wearing a red baseball cap and a humming bird came hovered right in front of my face. Awesome!
Beautiful sunny and warm day here so I am going out to enjoy it!
Hugs!

lilmouse
June 6th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Morning Everyone, it was great to see you post Cynthia, I was wondering if you were okay! Love the video Blondie and yes it does make me think of you! Hope Mom and Lissau eyes heal up soon. Pink eye is no fun - been there and done that! Not much going on around here...just taking things easy as I have a very bad stiff neck, nothing seems to work on it...so I will just deal with it. Steve got a different work truck yesterday, he has been sitting around in repair shops most of the week and is not a happy camper...still has to go to Ohio to pick up the rest of his stuff, it is in the old truck. Not enough room to bring it with him.
Everyone have a great day...hugs and prayers fro all, Susie

toggpine
June 6th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Good morning!

Blondie, I know this sounds crazy, but we treat pink eye with cheap red wine. the cheaper the better. It stings a bit, OK, more than a bit. Our livestock get it in the summer from the flies. Sometimes we get it from them before it blows up pink. Just a drop on the eyeball twice a day does the trick. I imagine that the meds from the doctor sting less, but if they don't work ....

Off to grab some toast, load in the audio book, and get some stuff done!

Hugs, Cathy

rebeccas-sewing
June 6th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Well! I have moved from one pair of PJ's to a clean pair of PJ's. Joe's out-of-town and I'm bein' extremely lazy! I did my exercises, showered and the clean jammies are feelin' mighty good! The log cabin necktie quilt top is finished. Tomorrow I have to get it sandwiched and begin quilting. That's after I dye my hair and clean the bathroom. Yep, Joe comes home late tomorrow night so I want to finish cleaning before he arrives. I usually dye my hair when he's out-of-town. I look like such a fright while I'm waiting for it to work it's magic that I hate for him to see me looking so scary! LOL London is beginning to warm up. I think we hit 70F today! I talked to Divine Daisy today. I'm sure you've noticed she isn't on-line much these days. Mr. Daisy seems to be doing well. He's back to work full-time. Keep our Divine Daisy in your prayers please.

alliek
June 6th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Pink eye can be a mess! My DH got it with an Upper Respiratory thingy. I had to drive home (we were on vaca in PA!) Then of course I got it and since I am the chief cook and bottlewasher here I had to be extra careful not to pass it on to my mom. (she never got it).
You are wise to be careful. Rainy Thursday here in southside VA. We've had so much rain this spring! My flowers are beautiful and the trees and shrubs lush. But .... the lawn needs to cut, it seems, every few days. DH is not impressed. I love the cooler temps although the damp weather brings the mosquitos! Other than feeding bats and fish what do they accomplish? So... a small microcosm of life: some good, some not so good. Let us rejoice and be glad in the day and each other.

aliaslaceygreen
June 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Good afternoon! Been a nicely busy day off, after conference call from home. DH and I went over to Lowe's and choose a new toilet, faucet and handles for the bathroom, plus I got the last of the paints I needed. Right now the vanity countertop is drying with its first coat of paint; I will get the final on there today. Tomorrow after work I will begin the refinishing of the vanity cabinets...
It's at that point where I can't turn back!! Whoo hoo.... the planning for these things take so long sometimes...

Hoping everyone is well.. .I hope to sit down at some point and QUILT!

Take care!