PDA

View Full Version : my gardens

Cathy F
June 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I just loved looking at Wendy's garden pictures and they inspired me to share some of mine with you. They are all in bloom except for my lillys which are all in buds right now. I love sitting outside with my coffee in the morning looking at them and they smell so nice. The big bumblebees are zipping around from one flower to the next! Would love to see pictures of everyone's gardens, I LOVE flowers, and wish I could keep them in bloom all year round but then again I wouldn't want to weed them all year round:). If you care to take a peek the pictures are in my album!

cyndiofthevortex
June 5th, 2013, 02:03 PM
You have a lovely yard! How inviting it is! Here are some pics my DH took last year of the flowers in our yard. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/album.php?albumid=1367

Cathy F
June 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Gorgeous flowers! A feast for the eyes, thanks for posting them. What is the flower in the last picture, the cluster of yellow ones? I have some in my garden that were given to me but have no idea what they are called.

You have a lovely yard! How inviting it is! Here are some pics my DH took last year of the flowers in our yard. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/album.php?albumid=1367

cyndiofthevortex
June 5th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I think they are called "Four O'Clocks." They spread like crazy! If you have one the first year you have ten the next and on it goes. They come in lots of colors. Mine are all yellow. There's a reddish tint along the green of the leaves.

lilmouse
June 5th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Thank you ladies for posting your garden pictures...they are so beautiful; a feast for the eyes and soul.

Bubby
June 5th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Cathy, Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous! The petunias remind me of my Mom. Thanks for sharing!

auntiemern
June 5th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Love the garden pics. Wish I had the time and energy to do another flower bed. I used to, but not being allowed in the sun kinda puts a damper on that.

Wwena
June 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Soooo pretty! I've not done much garden work at all this year, makes me a bit inspired to see yours. With hubby away in the U.S. (and with a broken leg before that!) it's really not a year to go all in on gardening, quite the opposite. I feel mowing the lawn twice a week (it takes me about an hour) is quite the accomplishment!

I want those flowers though, hm. Loooooverly.

Hulamoon
June 5th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Beautiful gardens!

WendyI
June 5th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Those were awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! I love your yard Kathy...so nice and big and open...and likely no doggie "land mines". Cyndi your flowers are gorgeous! I love how bright they are. I could look at garden pics all day!

ilive2craft2
June 5th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Love seeing your gardens. So pretty! Thanks for sharing. It really perked up my day. Lisa

goofyizzy
June 7th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Cathy and Cindi, you both have beautiful gardens. I love seeing pics of all the beautiful flowers and plants.