PDA

View Full Version : Keepsake Quilting Sale in New Hampshire

cyndiofthevortex
June 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM
This is the best sale ever! Last year I got 30 yards of fabric, all batik scraps in 1/4 yd pieces at least, for $30. I look forward to it all year, as you can imagine. And guess what? The forecast is for wind and heavy rain, a tropical storm heading right for New England. I think I'm brave enough to go. It's stuff a quart sized bag for $5, and Jonas is able to get at least 3 lbs in every bag. Here's my loot from last year:

bkthomas
June 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Hope you can go!

K. McEuen
June 4th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I would love to be able to hit that store at least once in my life and during a sale would be even better. I love looking at their catalog.

laf512
June 4th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Hope you can make it! Sounds like an awesome deal!

Monique
June 4th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I am so jealous. Hope you can make it.

shannonsaulter
June 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
That would be awesome..hope you make it...I just got a catalog from them.

pcbatiks
June 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM
How dare it threaten to storm on your Fun Fabric shopping day!!! Will say a pray that it will not be a problem in that area! Thanks for sharing the picture with us again..............drooool, drooool.......... Hope you can go and have a great time!

SallyO'Sews
June 4th, 2013, 04:08 PM
AAUUGGHH!! It's only 3.5 hours from home, but I cannot get there this weekend!!!! Maybe next year... Gotta' get a Groupon for a local inn up there.
Hope you have fun, Cyndi!

cyndiofthevortex
June 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I really do hope the weather isn't too awful. I'm only about 45 minutes away and visit every few months. It is very expensive to shop there so I mostly just drool over the quilts and fabrics. This sale is the only time I buy anything there and I don't want to miss out this year!

Iris Girl
June 4th, 2013, 05:38 PM
wow!!! my kinda sale!! hope you can go!

cyndiofthevortex
June 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Rain or Shine, they say the sale is going on! I hope the wind doesn't blow the tent over. Maybe there will be fewer people there this year instead of the hundreds that are usually there! But that might be a dream. I can't be the only diehard that will go to a great fabric sale come hell or high water!

Well, probably not hell. But you get the idea.

bkthomas
June 5th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Rain or Shine, they say the sale is going on! I hope the wind doesn't blow the tent over. Maybe there will be fewer people there this year instead of the hundreds that are usually there! But that might be a dream. I can't be the only diehard that will go to a great fabric sale come hell or high water!

Well, probably not hell. But you get the idea.

You Go Girl!!!!!

pcbatiks
June 5th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Put on the hip boots, rain gear and have fun! :D Maybe it will just be cloudy and hopefully keep the temps down!

cyndiofthevortex
June 7th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I'm off! No rain yet. Maybe it will hold off until I'm done shopping? The weather man doesn't think so but I can think positively, right? Wish me luck!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Lucky dog! Oh, to have that place right in your own backyard! Good luck with the sale! Happy batik stuffing!

quilter.martha
June 7th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Have a great time Cyndi! I enjoyed going with you so much last year! It was a blast. But this year I'm saving my $$ for our trip to Amish country in a few weeks. Let me know how good it is, OK?

New York Sue
June 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Yikes! Maybe the weather will discourage folks from coming out...More LOOT for you!
Guess who has an outdoor wedding to attend tomorrow? :(