PDA

View Full Version : The downside of de-cluttering

Jean Sewing Machine
June 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
...is, now I don't know where I stashed things that were sitting out before the de-cluttering began. Now where is that framed picture I was getting ready to send my son? St. Anthony, you are needed again!

jsmetcalf
June 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Because I find my memory failing me more and more I have taken to talking out loud to myself or telling my DH, "Next week when I am looking for this, would you please remind me that I have put this here." Now if he could only remember the things I tell him.....

cyndiofthevortex
June 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM
It's nice to know I'm not the only one! Years later I still can't find the manual for my Viking Platinum. I remember saying to myself, "Now here's a nice safe place to keep it." Thankfully those things aren't impossible to replace. But still, where the heck did I put it?

Mom23
June 4th, 2013, 12:54 PM
"Tony, Tony, look around, something's lost and can't be found"! That's my prayer to St. Anthony for you.

lilmouse
June 4th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Been there and done that and some of it still isn't "found".

grannyann
June 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Oh My God. I do the same thing. If I clean up and move something to a different place but I keep going back to the place it was before I cleaned . Then I get to the point hours after looking and ask God to please show me where I put it. Sometimes he leads me right to it and other times it is right under my nose.
So glad I am not the only one. I think we women just have so much going on in our heads all the time. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Andrea F
June 4th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Worst for me is when I put things away very carefully so they donīt get lost, like in a special place. Then, unfortunately, they usually are lost to me because I canīt remember that special place...

Sandy Navas
June 4th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Jean, the kids are headed your way on a bus. I'll let you know the time schedule. They will help you scatter just about EVERYTHING in your house so all you will be able to do is stand in one spot and turn around over and over and over and wonder what you are doing there.

Good Luck!! I'll talk to St. Anthony with you. Sometimes he ignores my call though.

shermur
June 4th, 2013, 02:06 PM
That be me ,too! The house seems to be cluttered.....UGH!

MayinJerset
June 4th, 2013, 03:05 PM
"Tony, Tony, look around, something's lost and can't be found"! That's my prayer to St. Anthony for you.
When I was a kid my friends and I used to call on St. Anthony a lot, only in Brooklyn in came out as St. Ant tony, LOL!

I'm one of the group also and so is DH but when it came to household stuff. DH never really pays attention unless it is about something he likes, like where I keep the cookies, etc.

Sharyn J
June 4th, 2013, 03:12 PM
St Anthony or Brooklyn style St An tony will find it for you. He's so good, he even finds me a parking spot at the mall close to the door! I Know, I Know, my prayers ARE being stretched a bit!

Every time I try to organize, I find that I spend more time looking for things. I should have just left things where they were!

Bubby
June 4th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Sometimes when I do a big re-organization project, I make of list of where I put key things. Then, if I don't lose the list things are okay! When I use clear plastic drawers I write the basic contents on an index card and place it inside the drawer facing outward like a label. To prevent losing my lists I now put them in the computer...beyond this I don't know what to do! lol!!!

Iris Girl
June 4th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I think we all have those special hiding places where we put things to be safe...why is that we can never remember where they are though? Ask Hubby to remember ...NO WAY he is worse the me!!!

Sew Perfect
June 4th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Isn't that the truth of it? :icon_shake:

Speaking of memory loss...I keep having to tell my husband and kids I can't just pull that roller-deck out of my head anymore!

dwil23
June 4th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Yep. Been there. Done that.

Bailey65
June 4th, 2013, 06:56 PM
I just did it the other day with my walking foot to my new machine. I remember thinking I'll put it right here that way I will remember where I put it. Well it took me a week to find it :D

I think women have alot to think about: we are the caregiver, cook, maid, accountant ect......it's no wonder we cannot remember things :icon_rolleyes:

MRoy
June 5th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I'm right there with you Jean! Put it away and it's away to stay! LOL!

Mpyles
June 5th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Because I find my memory failing me more and more I have taken to talking out loud to myself or telling my DH, "Next week when I am looking for this, would you please remind me that I have put this here." Now if he could only remember the things I tell him.....

Jean, the kids are headed your way on a bus. I'll let you know the time schedule. They will help you scatter just about EVERYTHING in your house so all you will be able to do is stand in one spot and turn around over and over and over and wonder what you are doing there.

Good Luck!! I'll talk to St. Anthony with you. Sometimes he ignores my call though.
Lollolol!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM

Good Luck!! I'll talk to St. Anthony with you. Sometimes he ignores my call though.Thanks, Sandy, how many do I get? My Maddie would love some girls to play with! Are you sending me the one with attitude? Thanks so much!