PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning

Blondie
June 4th, 2013, 07:49 AM

Happy Tuesday, Folksies
I am really late this morning! I took a benedryl last night and it worked for most of the night. Then I kept having crazy dreams, waking up drugged feeling and just went back to sleep. This was happening all night. I don't remember the crazy dreams except one vaguely - a nurse at this doctor's office was a part of this forum. I didn't know her but she knew me. I went to the dr's office to ask about two books. They charged me $92.50 just to look at these books. I was furious and increduous repeating over and over again that I was not paying for his new office. How stupid dreams can be.

Lucious and I worked very diligently yesterday in the basement. Then we got another surprise downpour late afternoon. So far, so good. We still haven't quite figured out the whys of the water in the basement; we do know it is only when we have a driving hard rain. I am thanking the good Lord for wet/dry vac, a strong back and a hubby, who although he is an Eyore, works well with me. The opposite matching bookend of my life -

I am off to finish reading and then start on something hopefully FUN.

Blessings and hugs and prayers to all. Smile lots. Laugh if you can; I caught bits of Lampoons Summer Vacation last night and laughed my tushie off. Felt so good to laugh at silliness. I am quite good at that. Betcha you are too!

MayinJerset
June 4th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Morning Blondie, Looks like just you and I are up early this morning. Hope your basement stays nice and dry, you need your energy and time for doing some fun things instead of drying it out.

Oh so cool out today, welcome relief from last week's heat wave and yesterday's dark and dampness. Got in here early as constractor should be here around 8 to put finish coat on wall repairs they made when the windows were taken out in our family room, painting comes next. Going to do food shopping and errands later and plan to stop at Home Depot to pick up some paint color cards. I finally gave up on using gray as I couldn't find the shade I wanted, they were either too light or too dark so I'll look for a taupe or beige with grey tones. Would like to continue the color down the hallways and maybe into other rooms so I better make the right choice.

Got my summer clothes out and in the closet, glad I left some long sleeved shirts and a few sweats in there as I'll need them today. Now what to do with all the Holiday and Winter stuff? I really need to go through them and get rid of some things but that takes time and I don't have it so they'll be folded neatly and put into totes til I need them again. Hugs to everyone this morning. May

MRoy
June 4th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Good morning Blondie! I hope you don't get any more water in the basement...it's no fun at all. Nothing exciting here, work is busy and home is busy too. Have a great day everyone!

Monique
June 4th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning friends. My how the weather changes. It was quite cool yesterday. I did manage to get a load of laundry out. Spent part of the afternoon quilting and then napping. Jersey likes to lay on the end of the bed with me. Now she just goes upstairs and lies on the bed by herself. She is too funny. I feel my allergy to her starting, so I have to take a pill.

I saw the doctor last night. He will remove a couple of skin tags off my neck and torso tomorrow. The one I was concerned about is nothing to be concerned about but he will remove it. He said to me "I am short of people in my clinic on Wednesday, want to come and have them removed?" He is funny at times, and I don't mind going to see him. Jersey has her appointment for grooming tomorrow too.

I need to finish that baby quilt and maybe today. The doc I saw last night was actually delivering the said baby. LOL!! Small town living is great, isn't it. I did get into my sewing room yesterday and straightened it out a little.

So folks that is it for me. Have a wonderful day.

shermur
June 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Mornin', darlin's! busy week at this house! i started my new summer work hours yesterday; we work 4 day, 9 hour shifts. Then on Friday, i get off at 11:30! Although, there is an adjust "tired" period for this! You wouldn't think working an extra hour would make a difference, but it do! Softball tournament this weekend, baby shower (gotta get the binding on the quilt my daughter made finish and wrapped). Missing my 30th class reunion and friends invited us out for drinks. I would need to be cloned at least 4 times to be everywhere jsut on Saturday!

Iris Girl
June 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Quite a change in weather today only 55 now and breezy and SUNNY!! got a ,load of laundry on the line, heading off to work soon.

Trimmed the lilac bush last night then sat with my neighbor and chatted over a beer. Need to get to the store for some backing on my r/w/b dresdan as I used all my scraps up making it and have nothing for backing. what a fun swap that is going to be. Got my package from msq yesterday the incense and peppermint fat quarter pack now I can do my weave runner. loves pink , chocolate and cream.

hugs to all that need and want them, have a wonderful day

Jean Sewing Machine
June 4th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Hi Everybody! Good sunny day here, first in a long time! I finished my 12th quilt for the PICU yesterday. Next sewing challenges will be costuming, so no more quilts for a while!

Nothing much new today, there are some flood warnings for places near us, people were routed out of their homes last night at 8:00 because a levee broke, and the small town was going to flood. They have been flooded so often, the town is very small now. My son had friends who lived there in '93, when we had the big flood, and they had water up to the peak of the roof of their house. Needless to say, they didn't move back there! But some people do it. This town was where some of my mother's cousins lived, they are all long gone, but I don't know how they dealt with living in a river town with all the flooding.

Hope everyone has a good day, and Blondie and Kensington and those who are in Germany dealing with floods get things dried out and back to normal soon! Those who are high and dry, have a great day!

HandsOffItsMine
June 4th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Everyone is busy dealing with Mother Nature's craziness, we've had the thunderstorms as well here in Atlanta. My fibro and migraines are dealing with it in an unhappy way - the yard is dealing with the drainage as best as it can.

Don has been in Calif now for a week, we all miss him, especially the grandkids. Ollie's running around "Where's Opa, where's Opa?" - He loves to talk to him. :)

Playing the waiting game on getting mammogram film from Calif to the radiologist at Cobb Hospital where they found a lump. Turns out that the responding medical source has 30 days, it's been 2 weeks...the waiting sucks! It was a shock, was worried about my pap not my boobs. I'm optimistic that we found whatever it is early, since this is the first time I've had a positive result. Let's hope it's a cyst, but since this might be a second cancer for me to battle...I want a game plan! Can you tell I'm a Type A, the possible cure suck but most cancers are curable when caught early. This waiting before the ultrasound (which has been approved) is more stressful than needs be.

Does shake you up as a couple, we realize we need to put time aside for ourselves again. :) Told Don to go ahead on this one month assignment 'cause we would be waiting and we frankly needed the funds. However, he would not take a long term Calif job now...regardless how this turns out. We have 32 years together, he had a massive heart attack in 2008 and an emergency bypass in 2009. Life together is fragile, we've done out of state jobs before, no more. We'll figure something out here in Atlanta...together! <3 all!!

Huggers, Ruby

Granny Judy
June 4th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Saying prayers for those in the flooded areas all around the world. Amazing how this computer has expanded My World. Chatting with peeps in Aussie is another amazing event.. who woulda thunk it!!

Got my laundry done yesterday and only doin a bit of spot cleaning today. If that sun comes out, I plan on getting out there and soaking up some rays. Need to go thru the raised flower beds and trim away the dead flower stems on the iris's and Jonquils. They took a beating from the storms this past week.

Need to finish a couple small quilty items then start putting the tumbler flag together. Must find room to sandwich my Garden Quilt....this house just keeps shrinking.. I found a lovely sewing cabinet for my serger for $25.00. Got to get some things re arranged so it will fit ... right now it's a toe stubber sitting in the middle of the room.

Cathy F
June 4th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Morning all!

Looks like today is off to a beautiful day weather wise, sunny but with a nice breeze. Still groggy this morning the carbon monoxide alarm woke us up with it's shrill beep at 2:00am this morning. Turns out it was beeping an alert to let us know the battery was low. Changed the batteries and all was quiet after that but couldn't get back to sleep again. Planning on working in the sewing room for a bit today, have some catching up to do in that department, and then I've got some weeds in the flower beds that have got to getpulled.
Hugs to as all that could use a few extra today!

quiltingtrish
June 4th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone -
These floods are terrible and I pray for all those involved. Even just getting water in the basement is enough in itself. We had water just 2 weeks ago for the first time. We thought it was from an air conditioning hose that had backed up but that wasn't it. Realized that we had a downpour the night before and it must have come in through the floor where it meets the wall. He needs to get more dirt back there.
I'll be sewing today. The girls moved back in last night so it was a tad hetic again. They both are starting full time jobs later this week that will hold them over until they leave for the Marines which is still looking like October.
Well - hope you all have a great day.
Hugs,

toggpine
June 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Good morning!
I made a decent dent in the sewing/cutting table debris yesterday afternoon. I also put away the paint supplies from the back bedroom and vacuumed the floor. I need to finish off the table and get a couple mending projects I found on there knocked out. I have an early start on the day thanks to Hubby! Well, right after I get some coffee, then I'll get started.

Ruby, take care of you!

I hope you all have a good day!
Cathy

Sandy Navas
June 4th, 2013, 10:15 AM
So great to see everyone up and semi-chipper. At least that's how I feel - semi- most things. Guess I'll try to get some sewing done this morning. Yesterday Al helped me start cleaning out our storage room and I finally wore out. DD just can't seem to get it through her head how difficult all these changes have been for me - she's not a terribly sympathetic nor sentimental person and I quite often wonder where she came from. URGH!!!! Trish, hope the Marines does it for your DD and she doesn't come home when you are aging . . .

Our most sensitive, good-nature'd, non-demanding DGD was under the impression I was going to take her to the movies yesterday (actually scheduled for this afternoon) and was so disappointed that I changed directions and took her to lunch. We had such a good time. I wish all the kids were as conscientious as she is and so truly special. I do worry that older sister walks all over her and takes advantage. So, this afternoon we're off to see Epic for our day out. Now I do wonder how long it will be before all the others expect the same treatment . . . not gonna happen. They will break the bank before life's expenses do.

Last night was our quilt guild's 25th Anniversary dinner - and it was fantastic. We had Amy Bradley back for another trunk show. She is so funny and a pure joy to visit. Her patterns are so special (allbeit pricey). Here's her website in case you haven't heard of her:
http://www.amybradleydesigns.com/quilt-patterns.html

Looking for sunshine - where is it today? I'll have to make some in my heart. Now where's my instruction book?

. . . found it . . . looks like someone colored on the page I need . . .

nyscpa2be
June 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Blondie, you're not the only one with crazy dreams! Two nights ago, I met Charles & Diana, the Kennedy's, and was 8 mo pregnant with twins, but not showing except for a footprint sticking out of my belly. Last night, all of my friends were pregnant, and I was two years out of college and finally got a job wrapping presents at Hallmark. But maybe the baby dreams mean one thing - more baby quilts to make!!!

aliaslaceygreen
June 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Good morning!! Have to admit the ability to return a surly toddler to it's parents certainly has merit... Layla was in a rare mood yesterday!
Laundry today before work, and then...well, work. Boss is back tomorrow. Everyone's vacation ends tonight!!

Have a great one!

Mom23
June 4th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good Morning All,

Thank you for your kind words Sunday, the anniversary of my dads death. Believe me, I felt the love from my forum friends. Yesterday my daughter and I left for Chicago at 7:00 a.m. We shopped on State Street and Michigan Avenue, had lunch with a cousin, dinner with a friend, and got to the airport at 8:00 p.m. Riley's flight got in a little early so we only had to wait about 15 minutes to see his smiling face and hit the road for home. When we got home at midnight I was so tired, but of course, couldn't sleep.

Blondie, my 20 year old and I both got a huge laugh about your "didley squats" this morning. I need to get to work but it is so good to be sitting in the living room watching tv with him. I really missed his presence in this big house!

Have a great day everybody. The sun is shining here today. From the sounds of things, we all need a little sunshine.

WendyI
June 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Morning all...not much to say...just wanted to wish you all a great day.

Bubby
June 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Good Morning,

I've been up since the wee hours again today. Blondie, I hope you have stopped your leak. What a nuisance and so mch work!

It looks like we are going to have a beautiful day ... the sun is shining and I don't see any dark clouds yet. I have to make a run to WalMart in Houston for grocery basics and then mow after i get back home. Summer really keeps us busy.

Ruby, I'm very concerned about you, Hon. I'm sure you will be fine, it's just the added stress on you right now that you don't need. You know I pray for you and the family every day.

Myrna, have a good day at work...you will be retired soon!! Mind retired before my body could retire. The last few weeks are pretty difficult. I've been retired 4.5 years now! Just dream about all the sewing you can do in your little sewing building...many happy hours will be spent there.

I'm off to start my day. Wishing everyone sunshine and blue skies.

Hugs, Barb

WendyI
June 4th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Oh Ruby...I sure hope your boob turns out to be just a cyst also. Waiting is so unfair and cruel. I would probably drive them insane with phone calls until they told me. Sounds like you and your DH have things figured out on the life front at least!

CrazyMtnLady
June 4th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Good morning everyone. Had a hard time getting to sleep last night and was awake until the wee hours watching TV trying to get bored enough to fall asleep.

Ruby, sending prayers your way. Take care of yourself.

Did a lot of housework yesterday. Some laundry and cleaning. Will finish up the laundry today and then relax for a spell. Had a couple of my neighbors stop by yesterday to see if I needed anything. And the one couple brought me a nice bowl of fruit salad...boy was that delicious. People here in Missouri are awesome.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Madeforyouinma11
June 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Morning all! Just got back from the Drs with my daughter#2. Her knees have been bothering her so she needed to get them checked. She needs to go for an MRI so we won't know anything for a while. I've been spending time at my other daughters house with my new grandaughter Julia. It's been a great few days since she arrived. All is going well. She is not really sleeping much at night but that will change. She is so beautiful. Now that she is a few days old, the swelling has gone done and she is just a beauty. She has occupied my time the past few days but today I need to get some things done. So I just wanted to stop by and read a little and say hello.
Ruby, sending prayers your way that all is good. Prayers and hugs to everyone else who needs and wants them.
Have a great day everyone!

lilmouse
June 4th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Hello Everyone, have the day off today so it is time to clean my little world, there is a few things that need to get done today! Then I can play in my sewing room; it is totally trashed and it will be a few more days of scrap busting before I can get it back to normal; am also reorganizing everything as well; purchased a couple more plastic storage boxes to hold all my "useable" scraps so I have a busy week ahead but it will be fun...
Ruby I will be sending extra prayers up for you and Don both; it is hard waiting around for the medicals to get their act together!
Sorry to hear about all the flooding going on; hope it ends soon so people can get back to their normal routines...
Hope everyone has a great day!
Hugs and prayers for everyone....Susie

GinnyKNC
June 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM
It's still morning so I'll say good morning. I've missed being on here daily and was having withdrawals lol. Struggling with the new job having to leave everyday (these legs are telling me to stop already). My glucose is seriously out of control too. So I needed to read everyone's posts and catch up and relax a bit. I miss you guys :icon_cry:

I posted last week (I think) but wanted to tell everyone that I'm going to be a gramma :) I'm so excited and can't wait for my grandchild who is due January 19th. My first and I've waited 8 long years lol.

I need to go read some more and look at all the new pics. Blessing to all.

Tanya D
June 4th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Good morning friends!

The sun is shining here and it's going to be a beautiful day. Too bad I'm stuck in an office all day :(

Ruby, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the lump is just a cyst and can be taken care of quickly and painlessly.

I resumed my Zumba classes last night after having two weeks off. I received a very sweet compliment at the end of class. A lady that was in the very first class in November 2011 came up to me and said she can see a huge difference in my weight from then til now. She said I look fantastic and congratulated me. I was smiling from ear to ear. Although I don't think I've lost much weight, I do think I have lost inches and it was really nice of her to take the time to come and tell me. I walked with a little skip in my step for the rest of the night and it inspired me to keep working hard.

Not much else going on in my neck of the woods...sure am loving the sunshine after over a week of rain.

Prayers and hugs for those that need them. Have a great day everyone!!!

HandsOffItsMine
June 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Thank you all for your prayers, Don and I really appreciate them. :) For Sandy...I'm flashing my TaTas on TV if I have to!! Since I'm Middle Class American who has lost their medical insurance in the last 5 years!! I hope Atlanta is ready for these beauties!! :D

Sandy Navas
June 5th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Ruby, I sure hope CABLE picks this up. Sending special prayers for YOU and Don and the rest of the family. Life is precious but your TaTas can win the world over!! Looking for a simple aspiration for you . . . PULEASE!!!!!

Madeforyouinma11
June 5th, 2013, 12:45 AM
CONGRATULATONS! Once you find out if its going to be a girl or boy, you can start sewing up a storm! Enjoy! :) I am sure enjoying my new little one!
It's still morning so I'll say good morning. I've missed being on here daily and was having withdrawals lol. Struggling with the new job having to leave everyday (these legs are telling me to stop already). My glucose is seriously out of control too. So I needed to read everyone's posts and catch up and relax a bit. I miss you guys :icon_cry:

I posted last week (I think) but wanted to tell everyone that I'm going to be a gramma :) I'm so excited and can't wait for my grandchild who is due January 19th. My first and I've waited 8 long years lol.

I need to go read some more and look at all the new pics. Blessing to all.

Mpyles
June 5th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Prayers Ruby that every thing works out!