PDA

View Full Version : I'm so more that pissed off right now

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 01:30 AM
This morning some big rigs came up my peaceful street that I have been living on for like 30 yrs. It was a banana farm when we bought it, a dirt road. A developer bought the top part of the street to develop and had to pave the road as part of his agreement. Cool. Now I can take the kids wagon riding and walking. No biggie some big house up the street.

So our peaceful life is over. It seems someone want's to build a commune right across the street from me! When the trucks came in (right in front of the house) I thought it was for a bridge down the street . Everyone here has a little gully.

Well I went to the store for some cookie making things and there is this white trash trailor on the lot when I came back . I walked over and then my neighbor came out, then another came by in a truck and then her husband came home, We talked for a couple of hours.

Check this listing out if you can get through all the bull**** and crap. (please don't sensor me)

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/kau/roo/3813578538.html

I printed it out so we can pass it around and added this to it...

Please help our little peaceful street from becoming a business and it seems likely to become some sort of commune. The building put on it now is such an eyesore. Please fight back against this. Call the county and ask
questions. Some living here have been here more than thirty years and couldn't even get permits. But already
This property already has three water lines.

So help out and pick up the phone.

Damm I'm mad

ilive2craft2
June 4th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Aren't there zoning laws to prevent this? I would be mad too if my paradise was going to be taken over by some big group. It almost sounds like a reality tv show wannabe. Lisa

Slokarma
June 4th, 2013, 02:41 AM
all that on 3 Acres? WOW! That sounds awful crowded. That alone should be a concern.

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 02:42 AM
I feel sick to my stomach. I printed it out for the neighbors to take left and then I went right before it got dark. A gal down the street said you know you can't put stuff in mailboxes. And I told her I don't care.She is a jehovah's witness so she has more of a conscious than I do. lol Seriously though, our families have been friends forever. She said I was brave. :) She can only go door to door when teaching the lord. Well Lord help this street because I am not going to let this little rip off happen right across from me!!!

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 03:11 AM
I'm going to the planning commission tomorrow. I'm printing it in large print so they can read it. These jokers pass things before they even know what they signed. I have never been one to take things on but this is going to be the one. I just have to find my voice.

Sew Perfect
June 4th, 2013, 03:26 AM
I must tell you, I am sorry this is happening. I am originally from Florida; I can remember moving down to Satellite Beach about 40 minutes South of Cape Canaveral. Anyway, we lived one block from the beach. At the time, we were able to walk down to the beach anytime we wanted. Never had to worry about private property or anything like that. We could ride our bikes on A1A.

I went to live in Germany for 2 years and came home to A!A being full of condos and hotels. We could no longer see the ocean and had to pay to so much as park a car or bike at the beach because we were no longer aloud to walk. Funny, my mother and step dad never thought that would happen because Sat. Bch, is an Island. Well the condos and hotels were built right on the sand dunes! Now there are also so many laws in the state of Florida and way too many people. I don't feel I could ever stand to go back there to live. It's hard enough to visit.

The same goes for Orange Park, where I grew up. Even now, every time my husband and I go "home" to visit our family, we are strangers and get lost in both our home towns. The same goes for where my grandparents are from...ALtoona, Fl. My Great Great Grandfather, then Great Grandmother, then Grandmother and Grandpa owned nearly all the orange groves there...and I mean as far as the eye can see N, E, and W. We had so much freedom...then a huge freeze came in, Grandma and my Great Aunt ended up selling much of the property because the groves were no longer fruitful. I don't recognize anything.

I have to tell you, I love Kansas. Hardly anyone wants to live here. I live in a very affluent area though and the growth is a pretty steady pace, but I can drive a bit and feel free once again. I love driving through this state because I can see beautiful and lush rolling hills for miles and miles and more miles. No Progress. WONDERFUL.

I don't know if you will win this fight because people always feel the need for "progress" to take over. Weather it's a Condo, Sub Division, Hotel, or what you're fighting against. The next thing you know, you'll be put out on the street because they will want your property too. Is there Imminent Domain where you are? Better check into it.

Okay, enough of my soap box. Sorry for rambling.

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 03:57 AM
I liked the ramble:) It kept me away from mine lol When I first moved here in 1979 there were only 35,000 people. Now it's so congested! It was so sleepy and cute. Not anymore. But my kids are here and that's all I have left. Well anyway I'm going to write to the paper. Anyone jump in to make it better.
Letter to the editor

I have lived on a small country road here on Kauai for thirty years and many before that, But this road is special. Folks come here on purpose to walk their dog's, jog or just enjoy the street. At the end is ponds ,horses, it's just special. It's in the homesteads We love when you come here. I'll come out and offer a cup of coffee and pet your puppy.

But, now there is a craigslist ad advertising they want to build a center. I consider it a commune. There is already a trailer on the property. They want to build house pods (at $700 rent) and bath houses. Do you want this in your cherished neighborhood? If you live on this street, or love this street please call the county to stop this.

This is a rough draft, but I truly want to stop this nonsence.

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Misa when I inherited my aunt's property in calif (grew up there until 21) I thought I could move back there, there is so much to do. But I lost all my childhood family, who am I going to vist or travel with? It's hard making friends when you get older. I'm picturing myself on some old lady group cruise. lol

Sew Perfect
June 4th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Hey, I've seen the Red Hat Society ladies on a cruise and boy were they having fun! There must have been about 25 of them.

That's not the point I know.,

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Yeah, but it me feel better. Now I have to go look up hat's lol

rebeccas-sewing
June 4th, 2013, 04:27 AM
This is one of those things that you wish you could wake up and say "Thank goodness it was a nightmare!" I hope you can get many to rally around you and take some action against this. Good luck.

nana margaret
June 4th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Lorie - I am so sorry this is happening to your beautiful street, it looks amazing. In the UK, at least the part I live in, it seems planning permission is given out willy-nilly to any private developer wanting to buy up land to put houses on - usually because the council are getting a back-hander out of it. We moved into our house in 1999 because the garden at the back was really private and not overlooked. On the other side of the fence was just a big grassed area owned by the council. Now we have a private estate there and some of the houses are 3 storey. Everyone in the street objected but we may as well have saved our breath, the council sold it to the highest bidder - luckily we have conifers along the bottom of the garden which we've just let have their heads so they screen most of it out. I know how unsettling it must be for you and although I can't help you with a phone call I hope you and your neighbours' objections will be heard.

Blondie
June 4th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Lorie,
I am so upset with you about this. After reading the craigslist notice, it is not evident to me that they even have legal clearance? Wondering what the zoning is. This guy is something else. Perhaps he won't find another dippy hippy greener with 700 a month to pay to sleep in a eco tent and work his fanny off. Oh yeah. It's for the greater good, I reckon. Baloney. This man sounds like PT Barnum.
Keep up updated. Praying for you, sweetie!

Monique
June 4th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Keep fighting Lorie. Maybe you and your "supporters" can stop this before it is too late. Good luck.

Sandy Navas
June 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
The way I feel this morning I can do a bit of Whoop A$$ - wish I were there to go with you. I'd mow those jerks off at their knees.

Sandy Navas
June 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Just looked at the Craig's List - sounds like they are going to be growing marijuana and running around naked to me . . . Didn't these things disappear sometime during the 70's?

Honeycamp
June 4th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Aren't there zoning laws to prevent this? I would be mad too if my paradise was going to be taken over by some big group. It almost sounds like a reality tv show wannabe. Lisa

you may be hitting the nail on the head

Sharyn J
June 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Is this the same guy on this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMYTB_VQbtA

So they're going to pay $700 each per month to live in a tent, grow some weed, and explore life. What's next? Freedom to garden in the nude? Group sex in the pods? Great. Isn't this how Charles Manson started out with his commune?

You know you can't trust the politicians, so I hope you get plenty of community support to reject this whole scheme. What the heck is the matter with your local government. Surely they can pass some zoning codes to prevent this. Let's face it, politicians can pass anything they want............Hope this isn't another one of those situations where one hand greases the other. I doubt that any of us would want this situation in our neighborhood.

cyndiofthevortex
June 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Don't give up! We had this happen in our neighborhood when we lived in another town. A petition was circulated with door to door visits and then a group of us went to every zoning board meeting to protest. We won and the dead end street remained peaceful and quiet. They were going to put up a shopping mall! We found LOTS of support from all over the town, not just in our little neighborhood. So, talk it up, put your anger and frustration to good use and hope for the best. It was very hard work but worth every minute of it.

CyndyK
June 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM
****ed Haoles! Come live in Oklahoma with me where all you have to worry about is being blown away.
I hope you feel better soon.

Cyndy K

alliek
June 4th, 2013, 12:05 PM
How did the permits get passed everyone? Did no one know? Lisa so sorry for this mess, so disheartening. Praying for a peaceful settlement to this. God Bless.

HandsOffItsMine
June 4th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Dam*ed Haoles for sure! lol I can be the Marketing VP all for $700 a month. Dang I could have moved from Makaha Valley straight to your street. lol

Seriously though! I feel your pain...Makaha Beach has been found this winter by the professional surfers of North Shore. When we were preparing to leave in February, the residents of Makaha were starting a coalition because the crowds were taking over parking along the beach, leaving trash, disturbing the turtles, monk seals, the noise levels. The winter months will not be the same for Makaha any more, much sadness for our little beach town.

Get your voice, stand tall and fight that IDIOT! What a scam, you can bet that the pot fields will be growing. :) Hate to think of those naked bodies. lol That would be super scary! :p

I will you success in fighting him and his fellow nut cases!

Huggers and Aloha, Ruby

GuitarGramma
June 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I know every state is different, but here in California they have to put up notices ON the property if it's going to be used for something like that. They also send letters to everyone within 300 feet of the property and invite public comment. There's a good chance that Mr. Commune doesn't have any kind of permit at all for what he's planning. After all, he doesn't sound like a follow-the-rules kind of a guy if you know what I mean.

So fight hard, Lorie. I think you've got a good chance of beating this. And please keep us posted.

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for your support everyone. I hate to come and dump problems, but this is just so surreal. Yes Sharyn that is him. But if you look at the bottom of the ad he took on the last name of a Hawaiian prince. He's such a narcissistic jerk. He has close to 500 youtube videos. In this one he explains the virtues of creative money management. So charging people $700 to $1,200 is creative? Yea to pay off your mortgage. I live on two acres and we were going to grow tropical flowers. Life got in the way of that. Then I thought I would put up a dog park. Just for donations to keep the mower going. lol I don't think the neighbors would go for that though. lol

I'm making a few more flyers today. I ran out and it was getting dark. I might rubber band them to the mail box so I don't get in trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuMUYH3jdI

One more thing. I had to laugh that he advertised 15 chickens. My neighbor mentioned it too. He apparently doesn't know this street. There are hundreds. lol I don't eat their eggs though, so I will give him that one:icon_heh:

MayinJerset
June 4th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I'm going to the planning commission tomorrow. I'm printing it in large print so they can read it. These jokers pass things before they even know what they signed. I have never been one to take things on but this is going to be the one. I just have to find my voice.

TELL THEM LOUD AND CLEARL AND WITH AS MANY NEIGHORS CHIMING IN WITH YOU.

Sharyn J
June 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks for your support everyone. I hate to come and dump problems, but this is just so surreal. Yes Sharyn that is him. But if you look at the bottom of the ad he took on the last name of a Hawaiian prince. He's such a narcissistic jerk. He has close to 500 youtube videos. In this one he explains the virtues of creative money management. So charging people $700 to $1,200 is creative? Yea to pay off your mortgage. I live on two acres and we were going to grow tropical flowers. Life got in the way of that. Then I thought I would put up a dog park. Just for donations to keep the mower going. lol I don't think the neighbors would go for that though. lol

I'm making a few more flyers today. I ran out and it was getting dark. I might rubber band them to the mail box so I don't get in trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuMUYH3jdI

One more thing. I had to laugh that he advertised 15 chickens. My neighbor mentioned it too. He apparently doesn't know this street. There are hundreds. lol I don't eat their eggs though, so I will give him that one:icon_heh:

Yup, I caught that one Lori, that he took on the name of a Hawaiian Prince! I had to laugh at his comment, "We will not be dependent on how many cabbages and carrots we grow." Of course not.......you'll be scamming at least $5600 a month just for 8 "researchers." As the complex grows, so does the income. Wow, he's got a nice scam going. Sad part is that some clueless hippies will be a part of this commune.

auntiemern
June 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I would be POed too. Stand up and be strong, and don't let this scam artist win. He is in it for the money and nothing else. Will be praying that your local government can see through his little BS scam.

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Scam is right!

I called the planning dept at 8:30 this morning. He said I was the fourth call. That's a good sign :) He explained how the different dept's work. Land, house etc. So it comes down to a community meeting because he has to file all this. The inspector (the guy I talked to) is coming out at 10:00 today. If there is nothing wrong it's just going to our complaints. He didn't care about the ad or this gosh awful trailor( he hasn't seen it yet) that I guess is going to be an office. I guess you can put any building on a property. He asked if any was there and I said yes. "Oh good because I need to talk to the head honcho" lol

And I wanted to make cookies today.

WendyI
June 4th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Good luck doll...let me know if you need any help with writing.

grammakim04
June 4th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Lorie I find this so terrible. Three years ago Chuck & I came to Kauai to celebrate our 25th wedding Anniversary...I fell in love with the Island, it was so peaceful and beautiful. We spent an incredible month there. I'm very upset with what is going on there. Kauai is such an incredible place....I hope you and your neighbors can stop this scam artist. I look forward to returning there someday with my grandkids. I'm cheering you on :)

GrammaBabs
June 4th, 2013, 06:06 PM
I just don't understand how any of this could happen with out "written notice to all neighboring"... their are laws there right?