PDA

View Full Version : Janome Memorycraft 6500

janT
June 3rd, 2013, 08:41 PM
I love this machine! My two favorite features are the thread cutter button and bobbin winder.

mom4him
June 3rd, 2013, 10:39 PM
I really like my Janome 7700, too. The thread cutter is also a favorite of mine and I like the knee life for the presser foot. Use that all the time.

lilmouse
June 4th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I love my Janome 6500 as well, will never give it up...it was my first large machine and I couldn't do without it....I do all of my piecing on it and my BF uses it for all of her quilting...she loves it too although she is still afraid it is going to "bite" her....we laugh about it all the time...she has a Jem Gold and it is a big step up to use the 6500 but she loves it!

janT
June 10th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Do you ladies use the needle threader on your machine? It seems faster for me just to thread it myself.

lilmouse
June 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I can't see well enough to thread it myself; also don't have much nerve feeling left in either forefinger so threading a machine for me is out!

verenaerin
June 14th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I have the 6300. The only difference between the two is that the 6500 has more stitches. I always use the needle threader, can't imagine going back to threading it myself. Also, the clear plate to see the bobbin is so helpful. I hate finishing up sewing a piece to find out I have to redo it because I ran out of bobbin thread.

I use the knee lift constantly. That thing is the greatest. I find it especially helpful when sewing applique and turn the piece every stitch or two. Not having to move your hands off the project makes for better and more consistent control.

I don't like the thread cutter as much as i thought I would. Maybe you ladies can help me out with this. Whenever I use the thread cutter the bobbin thread gets lost and I have to needle down to recatch it. Not a huge deal, but it gets a little tedious when I am sewing a million blocks together. So now I just cut the thread on the hook in the back. Does this happen to you?

LCQuilts
June 16th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I don't have a problem sewing a new seam after the thread is cut and you cannot find the bobbin thread. It doesn't seem to get caught.

Suzyq
June 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I agree... For some reason, the need to pull the Bobbin thread to the back like with the older machines, is no longer an issue with these horizon machines.,,I thought it odd too when I bought it...

janT
July 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I have never used the knee lift, you have convinced me that I should give it a try :)
I don't worry about the bobbin thread, I just cut and continue sewing with no problem.