PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Aboriginal (Native American) fabric

CottonPickinFabrics
June 3rd, 2013, 02:57 PM
I am always on the lookout for Native American themed fabric. I literally have hundreds of yards of various quilting and flannel fabrics that I would be willing to swap yard for yard. I live in Canada. :)

Ramona

HdWench
June 3rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: There goes a duck (my DH says about me) Love your tag line!!

Could you post a photo of samples of what you think are Native American Themed? I live in the Southwest (Arizona) but I don't quite think southwest maybe all Native American looking??

Thanks

:-Debbie

CottonPickinFabrics
June 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
I will snap some pictures of my stash of Native American fabric when I get home. I like to use the fabric to embelish mens ribbon shirts that I create (mens ribbon shirts are usually worn at Pow Wow's). I am also thinking of making a unique quilt in the future with the right material.

The tag line comes from a magnetic decal that is displayed on the rear of my truck.

The other decal displayed is "One cat away from being the crazy cat lady" :icon_happy:

If someone gets stuck behind me in traffic, they should at least be smiling.

cyndiofthevortex
June 3rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
I used that line just the other day to my husband in speaking about one of our sons, and the poor little toddler that we are foster grandparenting ran to the window shouting, "Squirrel? Squirrel?" DH and I had a good laugh about it. And I have 5 cats, down from 6 as a wild animal got our precious Tychicus last month. Do I qualify as an official Cat Lady yet? How many do you have?

BTW, welcome to the forum from New Hampshire! I wish I could help you with the fabric. I had some lovely Indian feathers years ago that I'd be happy to share but I used it all up. I'll look around for more.

CottonPickinFabrics
June 3rd, 2013, 03:55 PM
At the present time I have 3 cats. Two are mine and the other cat belongs to my son. Son and cat moved back home last month. I used to have 4 cats. Currently, the tail count is 3 cats, 2 dogs and a rabbit.

CottonPickinFabrics
June 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM

Here are some examples of the style of fabric that I am looking for.