PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! New upgrade on Yahoo Email! Do you know?

coffeebreak
June 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Boy do I hope someone here knows this... I am stumped and have searched for an hour on Yahoo itself and can't find this info.

Just today I learned that Yahoo email has forced an upgrade to a new version. I thought it odd that all my emails from quilting blogs all went to spam folder today, now I know why. However...I can't find HOW TO UPGRADE all my yahoo email accounts! I have searched and searched for instuctions but can't find them anywhere. Could be my "internet/computer challenged" diease kicking in, but still..come on...yahoo doesn't even have the instsructions on their web site? I can't find them

Does anyone here know how to do this if you use Yahoo for email? If so, could you please save me and give me the instructions on how to do it so I dont' loose all my emails? Thanks so much! I have the older version called "classic"...at least I think that is what it is called. Not Mail Plus, I know that. Thank you!!!

Doloris
June 3rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
I don't use my yahoo account much, but on mine I think there is a button at the top of the list of spam that says "not spam" . If you check mark the e-mail and then click on not spam they should from then on go to your inbox. Hope the new set up is the same.

HandsOffItsMine
June 3rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Open up your Spam folder, click all the emails that aren't Spam - right click mouse, select "Not Spam" - They will go back into your Inbox, as well as all future emails from those senders. You'll want to check your Spam folder over the next week(s) to make sure you catch all your regular blogs, etc.

Huggers, Ruby

buckeyequilter
June 3rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
I just went in and looked at mine...if it's the same as yours, all you have to do is open the spam folder and put a check in the box next to the e-mails that aren't spam and the "not spam" button will appear on the toolbar, click that and all the e-mails should go back to your inbox.

Hulamoon
June 3rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hotmail just did a switch to outlook. Last time they did this you had a choice or opt out, but this time they forced it on you. Luckly I didn't lose anything. I would do an internet search and put up your question and you will find some great answers. I've had some great answers from computer sites, etc. Hope you can get it fixed. :)

coffeebreak
June 3rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks every one. I wondered this morning why my spam folder was so full! I did go through and clicked what I wanted to go back to inbox..never thought it'd be this upgrade thing. Oh well...at least it is fixed. I thought it was this profile thing they have been hounding me with...sorry yahoo, but I don't want a profile! But they insisted or I couldn't log out! Good grief...they want to know EVERYTHING about you! This century is sure getting scary!

MayinJerset
June 3rd, 2013, 11:04 PM
Has Yahoo Mail changed again? I still have Yahoo Classic. There is a place on the left top of my Yahool screen to click for the newest version but I prefer to keep the Classic version. Yahoo is my secondary email account so I don't feel like adapting to something new. Just hope they don't force me to change like Hotmail forced Outlook on me. Hotmail is my main email account and I resisted as long as I could. I've adapted somewhat with all the new stuff that I really don't need or use and have yet to find a way to Forward an email.

buckeyequilter
June 4th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Has Yahoo Mail changed again? I still have Yahoo Classic. There is a place on the left top of my Yahool screen to click for the newest version but I prefer to keep the Classic version. Yahoo is my secondary email account so I don't feel like adapting to something new. Just hope they don't force me to change like Hotmail forced Outlook on me. Hotmail is my main email account and I resisted as long as I could. I've adapted somewhat with all the new stuff that I really don't need or use and have yet to find a way to Forward an email.

LOL yahoo is where I send all the junk and spam...I just go in and delete it once in awhile. If I fill out something on line (or at fairs and such) and don't want to use my e-mail address...I give them the yahoo address.

If your Yahoo looks like this....when you click on the message to open it....there is a "forward" arrow on the toolbar:

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I came back to see if anyone uses Gmail. I came across this article. Money, money, money

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-03/yahoo-mail-users-prepare-for-gmail-style-creepy-ads

I'm okay with outlook now. I just don't like that you don't get choices.

MayinJerset
June 4th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Shirley. I don't have the Forwarding problem with Yahoo, it is with Outlook that used to be Hotmail. There is nowhere to click to Forward an email.

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Shirley. I don't have the Forwarding problem with Yahoo, it is with Outlook that used to be Hotmail. There is nowhere to click to Forward an email.

I thought everything was okay until I read this. Outlook sucks.

buckeyequilter
June 4th, 2013, 03:25 PM

I don't know about Hotmail...I used to have an account but that has been years ago. I used to use Outlook Express and then Windows 7 decided it should be Windows Live Mail and I have a heck of time finding my way around in that mail program. Good luck :)

I hate when I just learn a program and then THEY CHANGE IT!!!

Hulamoon
June 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Look at this mess of instructions. Really?
http://dottech.org/102620/how-to-forward-emails-or-reply-all-in-outlook-com-the-new-hotmail-guide/

buckeyequilter
June 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Look at this mess of instructions. Really?
http://dottech.org/102620/how-to-forward-emails-or-reply-all-in-outlook-com-the-new-hotmail-guide/

I think I figured out my hotmail stuff....because I used an e-mail address and a password that I use often.....logged right in and then logged right back out LOL. I saw the words "Window Live" and left LOL.

Good luck all!

MayinJerset
June 5th, 2013, 04:21 AM
I FOUND IT!!! How to Forward emails in Outlook! It's on the Reply drop down menu! I'm positive I've looked there before but it's there now. May