PDA

View Full Version : Another first Monday post...

Genny
June 3rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
Just have to tell you all that because this is the first Monday of June that means that I'm now on part time work! I'm to get my first SS check the 19th of this month so from now on I will be only working 4 days a week and in January I'll be going to 3 days a week! Maybe someday I can actually retire full time !

Hope you all have a great day!

turena65
June 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Woot Woot! Happy part-time retirement!

Tanya D
June 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Enjoy that extra day off! Spend it doing whatever you makes you smile :)

toggpine
June 3rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
But working part time gives you a fabric budget!!!!!

Yea for your extra day off!

Evilynn
June 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Sounds good! Hope you will enjoy your extra day off! =)

Bubby
June 3rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
It's a good thing when you can slow down a bit! I'm happy for you!!

auntiemern
June 4th, 2013, 12:50 AM
What wonderful news. Congrats.

ilive2craft2
June 4th, 2013, 01:06 AM
That sounds wonderful!

Andrea F
June 4th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Have fun on your extra day off!

rebeccas-sewing
June 4th, 2013, 05:21 AM
How great! Interesting to be winding down this way. Sure will make the transition to full retirement easier. My sis just retired and was really worried about how she'd fill her time. She seems to be managing quite well so far. I just wish she had a hobby like us. Her passion is books, old movies and antiques. She's studied art and is quite talented but doesn't seem to have any interest in creating art. She has some basket quilt blocks she started many, many year ago. I've encouraged her to get busy working on them again, and I'd quilt the top for her once she has it together. She actually pulled it out. We'll see if she gets interested again. I inherited my love of sewing from all the women on both sides of our family. Don't know why she didn't get that gene. She claims it's because she's a leftie and it's a rightie world. I have told her that's not the case in sewing anymore. After all, look at Liz Fons. She's a leftie and she's a big star in the quilting world. (Okay, she's ambidextrous but she's mostly a leftie.)

I know you won't have any trouble filling your time. Congratulations on your forward journey toward full retirement. As my sis says, "Everyone I know who is retired always has a big smile on their faces!"

Granny Judy
June 4th, 2013, 07:22 AM
You"ve earned the time off thru all those years!! Ease into retirement is a great idea. Much easier than just stop "cold Turkey".

Come visit us here often and stay late!!

Monique
June 4th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Enjoy your semi-retirement.

SallyO'Sews
June 4th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Woo-hoo!! More time to sew!! :icon_woohoo: Congratulations!

Genny
June 4th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone! Believe me, if I could retire completely I would do it right now. I've decided to retire at 62 so my SS checks much smaller then it would be if I'd waited a few more years but truthfully I'm worried that they may up the retirement age to 70 and I just couldn't wait that long. Arthritis is taking a toll on me.