PDA

View Full Version : Positive thought/prayer request for Germany

Evilynn
June 3rd, 2013, 03:45 AM
Heya,

it's me again. Some of you might have seen in the news. Germany is suffering from horrible rainfalls and floodings. The firefighters and many other volunteers are working hard to limit the damage and try to get the water under control but it seems like fighting the windmills.

My parents live not too far from a small river and they have already water in their cellars. My mum's boyfriend came home from work early to pump it out... it must be awful! I would have never imagined that the water travels so far, naive as I am!

Please send prayers and positive thoughts to all those affected by the floods, I'd really appreciate that!

Hugs,

Steffie

K. McEuen
June 3rd, 2013, 03:54 AM
Wow, that's a lot of water. Hopefully everyone will be okay and no lives lost.

It's a shame they can't send it over here where I live. Our average rainfall in New Mexico is only 8 inches per year. Two years ago we only had a little over 4" for the whole year, last year we had right at 5". In the last 8 months we have only had .9 inches of rain ... not even an inch. I do believe this will be another record setting year for us for lack of rain.

Swedish leo
June 3rd, 2013, 04:35 AM
positive thoughts and whises for sunshine comming your way!

Evilynn
June 3rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
This is how it looks at the moment behind my parents house:

I have NEVER seen the water so high. The grey "road" in the background is a BRIDGE. It was build really high and now the waters nearly touch the road... that's pretty scary!!! I didn't believe my ears when my mum told me about it and I asked her to take a picture. Luckily they made the river wider not too long ago. The garden of my mother is completely flodded as well. But, from what I hear, at least no one died ... that's something to be thankful for already!

By the way: This is a normal level of the river to compare:

Jean Sewing Machine
June 3rd, 2013, 04:59 AM
Yes, prayers and positive thoughts to those affected by the flood.

Momofmonsters5
June 3rd, 2013, 05:23 AM
Amazing the things you hear about on here. We live in Germany and this is the first I've heard of flooding here. Hope they stay safe and dry!

buckeyequilter
June 3rd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Wow...my thougts and prayers are with all those affected by the flooding.

MayinJerset
June 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear about the flooding where your Mom lives, pray that they receed soon. May

Sandy Navas
June 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Praying for safety for all effected. It seems the world is under attack by Mother Nature - flooding, too much wind and snow, earthquakes and wild fires. Drastic weather changes around the world.

SallyO'Sews
June 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Seeing the "before and after" photos really shows what's going on, doesn't it? We will be praying for your family and their neighbors.

SuzyQue
June 3rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Prayers for your family and those affected by these floods. The weather is bonkers this year!

Lonna
June 3rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Prayers and warm thoughts for your family. I pray all will stay safe.

Tanya D
June 3rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Good grief, that is a lot of water! So damaging and sadly, you can't do anything...you are at it's mercy.

I hope your mom's house doesn't get any worse.

We have had a week of rain here too. I've been checking the basement but we've been lucky so far.

lilmouse
June 3rd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Prayers and hugs for your Mum; hope it doesn't get any worse.....that's really bad, the photos say it all!

Genny
June 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
Heya,

it's me again. Some of you might have seen in the news. Germany is suffering from horrible rainfalls and floodings. The firefighters and many other volunteers are working hard to limit the damage and try to get the water under control but it seems like fighting the windmills.

My parents live not too far from a small river and they have already water in their cellars. My mum's boyfriend came home from work early to pump it out... it must be awful! I would have never imagined that the water travels so far, naive as I am!

Please send prayers and positive thoughts to all those affected by the floods, I'd really appreciate that!

Hugs,

Steffie

Thoughts and prayers for your parents and all affected by this. Seems like mother nature has really gone crazy this spring. (Hope you're feeling better too!)

turena65
June 3rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
So sorry to hear this Steffie... it floods often where we live, we know how devastating it can be. Prayers coming for those affected....

Renate
June 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Steffie, of course I am thinking of our bavarian Wurzelheimat each day. Also to the people in Baden-Württemberg. I am going to call my brother right now, how they are and what is going on there today. But Töging am Inn seems not to be in danger.

Evilynn
June 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Steffie, of course I am thinking of our bavarian Wurzelheimat each day. Also to the people in Baden-Württemberg. I am going to call my brother right now, how they are and what is going on there today. But Töging am Inn seems not to be in danger.

That's good! Rosenheim (a. Inn) has the floods too, and streets nearby the Inn are completely flooded, as in Kolbermoor, too. They had to lock down several roads. The only way you come from and to Rosenheim from my parents place is via one route. Many people can't go anywhere :( And the rain is predicted to stop tomorrow... hope it doesn't get any worse!

Thanks all for y our warm thoughts and prayers - I told my mum about it and she is very very thankful (she is religious herself :) )

Hugs,

STeffie

Andrea F
June 3rd, 2013, 02:37 PM
Sending best wishes and positive thoughts as well. Just checked on my BFF who lives in Augsburg. It´s raining all the time there, but they don´t have floodings. I hope your parents stay safe, Steffie!

auntiemern
June 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Will keep all in the path of this flooding in my prayer, especially your mom. BTW, you would not catch me driving over that bridge. I couldn't believe when I saw that vehicle on it. I agree with Sandy on the weather being so bad. I personally think it is God's way of showing us who is really in charge. Signs of the times.

grammakim04
June 3rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
Sending prayers for those affected by the floods. Hope your parents will be okay.

WendyI
June 3rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Holy Crap on a Cracker!! That is some WICKED water level going on there! Is that all from rain or is some of it spring run-off? Is that ice chunks I see floating? Water is so incredibly destructive wow! I hope your mom and home are safe! xoxox

Evilynn
June 3rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Holy Crap on a Cracker!! That is some WICKED water level going on there! Is that all from rain or is some of it spring run-off? Is that ice chunks I see floating? Water is so incredibly destructive wow! I hope your mom and home are safe! xoxox

It's just from insane rain that came down over the last days. It has rained cats and dogs. But now, thankfully, the water level goes bit back. 70 cm have slowly disappeared already in the town of my mums. I hope the trend continues, the city was already speaking about evacuating!

Iris Girl
June 3rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
prayers and well wishes for the water to continue to go down and all are safe with your mom and family

Wwena
June 3rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Water will do ANYTHING and get anywhere. I hope it finds a better place to head real soon and that the damage isn't too great!!